Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 15th June 2012>

Posted

What a storm that was, round 2 soon, just watching the footage from that storm, poor visibility though, then i'll be off out for the next one.

Got some footage around 8-12 bolts.

Some lovely mammatus and cloud structures

_JE5fe.png

Eh8vn.png

waun9.png

e3EndT.png

Stills

RIfJkJ.png

TSh1sh.png

Will upload video later :) as it looks like i'm about to see another storm.

Lewis

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

How about some for those who very rarely get them these days like us in the West Midlands!!!

How boring today has been. Sunny and Dry over this muck anyday!

What was that year when we just got storm after storm after storm? was it around 2005-6?

I remember counting over 20 storms in the space of a month in that summer, there was also cricket ball sized hail in Coventry that cause thousands of pounds worth of damage to cars and roofs?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Well nothing here today, but listening to the Ukraine France Match on BBc Radio 5 live, you could here the storm... great stuff... at one point it must have been very close to the stadium as it stopped the French anthem half way through and was effecting the TV feed (it went blue)

So loud on the radio... Mental rain!

I wish we had something like that this summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Absolutely immense storm that even you Easterners would not have experienced today. :p

God almighty, if only we could have that here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just had a rumble of Thunder!!! :D

Posted

Get the match on huge storm ITV! Match suspended. Crazy.

I was wondering with the weather if this would happen or not, given the South African event where a bolt of lightning hit one of the corner flags within the actual stadium I guess UEFA (I think that's the governing body) wouldn't want to take any risks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Well was just about to complain about having nothing when boom nice loud crack of thunder with hail begins lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well that's the 1st storm i have seen this year lol! Shame it was on itv haha!

Posted

I noticed the game was also pitch-black above the stadium, one hell of a storm it must be over there given it's still daylight.

One distant rumble of thunder is all we've had here today but the more noticeable aspect has been the humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep as predicted things are starting to happen in the west midlands..lol.......thunderstorm has fired to the north of worcester near stourport, and further north near Walsall so it seems.........May 9th all over again I hope! clap.gif

Posted

Amazed i've got some nice strikes/footage.

Here's a few stills, will process the rest later, and upload the video;

MQsVkL.png

_8E_dy.png

zSpnR.png

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

yep as predicted things are starting to happen in the west midlands..lol.......thunderstorm has fired to the north of worcester near stourport, and further north near Walsall so it seems.........May 9th all over again I hope! clap.gif

Looks like it, heading stright for Birmingham. To far east for me today..... nothing but on off rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

That wrap around occlusion really trashed today here. Got soaked to the skin on the golf course. That and the wind, it could have been an October day. Only good thing was winning my bet that there would be no thunder in this part of the world today. Who needs the met office...my prediction was spot on....sadlybad.giflazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

I recon thats it for storms round here as quite alot of moderate PPN is about to come through, Disappointing day in all with just two rumbles of thunder heard and a couple of moderate showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

Typical, Been in the no storms club all year. This week i'm near aberdeen on holiday AND today everyone back home is reporting thunder. Enjoying the Ukraine storm though!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

If only mate.

Currently just raining here now after that once crack of thunder...rather gusty

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Removed

Edited by TonyH

Posted

What was that year when we just got storm after storm after storm? was it around 2005-6?

I remember counting over 20 storms in the space of a month in that summer, there was also cricket ball sized hail in Coventry that cause thousands of pounds worth of damage to cars and roofs?

You mean this in June 2006. Not cricket ball sized but certainly large hail!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/coventry/content/image_galleries/hailstorm_gallery.shtml

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well has been lovely and sunny all day with some convec tive clouds, but absolutely no rain or storms, or even really the suggestion of any.

Meanwhile in Donetsk, the football has been called off due to torrential rain and lightening, just kicked off again.

A line of heavy and sometimes thundery showers has sat over me over much of the day giving deluge after deluge, still lashing it down too. Over 2 inches has fallen now.

The atmosphere just seems full of moisture and instability.