Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 5th July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I can see a clearance to the south east so today's rain is on it's way out. 35.1mm total from that a little bit more to come. It now finally seems to getting a move on northwards by the looks of it.

Doesn't seem that the severe storms have appeared in the south and time will running out for them now.

A tiny but heavy shower has just gone up in the centre of London so maybe that is the start?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

27mm today, last time we exceeded 1 inch was July 2009!

wow i thought Leeds was quite a wet location

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Not expecting anything apart from a sharp shower but some impressive looking towers here in nw london. Raining and a bit blowy

Posted

Heathrow flights routing directly over Barnehurst (SE London) unusual for this time of day. I'm guessing they are avoiding something out there. Glorious sun here now

Can you please put your location in your profile. Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Heard a nice crack of thunder whilst just out with the dog (no it wasn't the dog) and a light shower followed, think the cell responsible has drifted south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

wow i thought Leeds was quite a wet location

Quite the opposite, we're pretty darn dry. April 2012 was the first time we exceeded 100mm since November 2009.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Actually just looked on radar and it must have been the cell that popped up west which has merged with the storm further north. Looks like unless it backbuilds we are just going to miss out here

Posted

Quite explosive Cb's shooting up to my west over Central London, they look great from the east!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Quite the opposite, we're pretty darn dry. April 2012 was the first time we exceeded 100mm since November 2009.

Indeed, Leeds is under the rainshadow of the Pennines and so is quite dry for a city in Northern England. Bradford, however, is a very wet location due to its proximity on the eastern side of the Pennines.

Posted

Finally stopping rain in Birmingham. However, the airport is still giving a 30% chance of heavy showers of rain and thunderstorms for the rest of the evening. Watch this space... It will probably come to nothing, but no harm in hoping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

HIGH GANG , AS I SAID THIS MORNING loads of energy up above , rain setting in quite hvy now .as of bristol missing out on action over the years ,i can assure you the same could be said for many uk locations .1968 , several fatalities bridges washed away ,where i worked in bristol 5ft floods embedded thunder storms could have read paper in the dark , all started about 10am in bristol ,v hvy till 4pm then stopped till 7pm ,then all hell broke loose finishing early hours of fol morning .at the moment there is hardly any movement of clouds plus pres as just droped quick in last hour ,also radar is good but look at sat view of cells ,also air traffic reporting some impressive cumulunimbus and anvils ,its all to play for not only for south but absolutely anywhere over eng and wales best of luck all ,remember whats heaven for us weather enthusiasts is HELL FOR THOSE THAT GET FLOODED ,STAY SAFE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Quite explosive Cb's shooting up to my west over Central London, they look great from the east!

Yes looks very impressive. Can see on the radar a line of showers developed roughly from n to sw London

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Are they heading North? If so, Peterborough might actually be in for the first bit of decent thunder all year ! Its been poor here so far, a lot of missed opportunities this year.

Posted

Something interesting building just to the south of Coventry at the moment. Looks like it might miss here, but looks quite intense none the less

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

It was looking reasonable for something thundery in my neck of the woods tomorrow but come the day before and as usual, it's all been downgraded into heavy showers at best.

GFS 12z has any decent Cape, LI and Shear in the Midlands and North West England. It isn't on it's own either with support from the HirLam suggesting something similar.

Posted

Looking interesting to my south over Central and West London. Sure I saw the top of a Cb on the Wimbledon coverage just now as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Looking interesting to my south over Central and West London. Sure I saw the top of a Cb on the Wimbledon coverage just now as well.

So did I. So much for watching the tennis?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yup which way was that shower heading towards or away from the tennis?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

It was looking reasonable for something thundery in my neck of the woods tomorrow but come the day before and as usual, it's all been downgraded into heavy showers at best.

GFS 12z has any decent Cape, LI and Shear in the Midlands and North West England. It isn't on it's own either with support from the HirLam suggesting something similar.

A familiar story then. rolleyes.gif

We will just have to see how showers develop tomorrow, but yes I think main threat will be North of us going by various models and charts.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Away from the tennis it was to the NE.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

The rain's stopped and the sun has come out, it's hard to believe that it's the same day and this little bit of sunshine has lifted my spirits back up again after such an awfully wet and dank day.

Maybe we'll get some showers before the day is out?

It looks promising although the sky is moving an ALL directions at once so not sure what's happening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Sferics from the storm NNE of london.