Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Yeah Ronan, December 2010 was the last I remember. It was mainly a hailstorm with some snow mixed in. Best thunderstorm for years that one. Dropped a few inches at least with hailstones the size of peas.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

The lightning came from such a small area of precipitation that night, from Rain Today radar it was one small pixel of very heavy/torrential precipitation and a few heavy surrounding it followed by mainly light pixel echos. It was a very local event and although not rare (as thundersnow was occasionally seen that Winter and in 2009 in many places around Ireland) it is still amazing to see the light refract and reflect around the sky and ground so full of white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

watcher. that footage of thunder snow event is absolutely amazing, I have never experienced it yet, and hopefully yet becomes past tense some day.smile.png

Posted

Haha, my new sig blocks are going to be a feature this Winter, will be changing them at least once a week to ever more hilarious ones.

In regards to the colder weather later this week, snow risk is still not out of the woods, especially early next week when a reload occurs. Could be a close call for the snowfall comp with Stormforce10 on 1st Nov and Myself on the 2nd. Nail biting stuff clapping.gif

Posted

Noticed this morning that its a good bit chillier than yesterday morning, 6c. My sinuses have also noticed the change in weather and are complaining loudly lol.

Posted

Cold out there tonight now... First real cold feel to this Autumn...

Posted

Interesting read here! Gives us some hope? I'm still sticking with my gut instinct and going for a cracker of a winter! Never really had much hope for this current cold blip but I'm glad that nothing has really come of it as I'd rather things kick off towards the end of November! Anyways have a wee read of this.

http://www.stephenoconnor.info/about/latest-news/big-freeze-2012.html?PHPSESSID=7832f8f40b8e0884a8d9de1782a48ac7#.UIp2PIl5mc0

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

well as expected the coldest day of the season so far. max temp 7.0c. some showers early this morning but mostly dry after that,did have a bit of a hail shower during the afternoon. skies are clear now so i hope to get a good frost tonight if it stays that way. current temp 3.2c.

Posted

outside temp 0.6c, clear and starry. so a frost in the offing tonight. definately a shock to the system today. really felt cold today in the north east breeze.

Posted

Have been having a few beer tonight and i am a wee bit jealous of the snow reports over on some of the other regional forums!! Some areas in Scotland have nearly 4 inches! Just goes to show that in this kind of set up anything can happen as most people weren't expecting so much!! Looking at the current radar there looks to be a nice trough coming in of the North Sea! Jammy gits! Our time will certainly come this winter!drinks.gif

Posted

bbc and rte giving a chance of wintry showers moving in from the north and east tonight. current temp here 1.8c

Edited by BIG LAD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Very cold here this morning, with a good frost and ice on the car's windscreen. Very unusual for this time of year, especially this far south.

Apparently there were supposed to be a few streamers coming in across the Irish Sea last night which could have brought wintery showers. Did anyone notice this?

Posted

a chilly day today with some frost this morning,good sunshine until it clouded over during the evening. max temp 7.9c, last nights min 0.0c.

Posted

a miserable and very wet day. steady rain all day. friday night coldest night of the autumn so far, temp down -3c with a harsh frost on saturday morning.

Posted

Finally got my internet topped up again. Well, no snow but I did have some wintry showers from a streamer on 26th October. Gave a bit of hail and sleet. Any reports of hilltop or mountain snow?

Posted

There was a slight dusting on the Sperrins. On my way home from work now and there was a heavy hail shower between Ballymena and Toome. Temp dropped to 3 degrees during shower.

Posted

So in regards to the competition thingymaboob, at what height do we class as first snowfall?

Posted

Happy Halloween. Like your sig Watcher lol.

A chilly Halloween night,cold and clear with some frost the perfect Halloween night, Temp 1.9c.

Posted

Happy Halloween. Like your sig Watcher lol.

A chilly Halloween night,cold and clear with some frost the perfect Halloween night, Temp 1.9c.

Happy Halloween Sundog.

a very icy halloween night here n county roscommon, temp below freezing already, another good frost in the morning i suspect after a lovely frosty morning this morning.

October seems o have been a cold month this year, I have witnessed plenty of frost and ice with below freezing temperatures in october, so not bad from a cold lovers standards.

Edited by stormforce 10