Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Ugh, constant rain from 10pm (ish). Made the trip to and from the pub a little more Usain Boltish.

Edited by The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Its been a fairly decent weekend albeit, albeit a few dark clouds about today. Certainly much better than it was earlier in the week.

I think I'll chip in to this snow forecast. I suspect November will be fairly mixed, possibly more on the mild side, so I'm going to go for December 9th. I suspect December will start very much the same but we could potentially see a cold spell setting up around the start of the second week, but this is nothing but a gut feeling. wink.png

Posted

Did we actually have any frosts round this time last year? Maybe its just me, but it does seem cooler and crisper and also brighter this year? I can only remember months of mild, gloomy, stormy weather last winter. I really hope this winter isnt like last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Did we actually have any frosts round this time last year? Maybe its just me, but it does seem cooler and crisper and also brighter this year? I can only remember months of mild, gloomy, stormy weather last winter. I really hope this winter isnt like last year!

to be honest I dont think we did, I am finding it quite different this year, plenty of cold nights with a bit of frost around too.

an overcast day, after a cool foggy morning. rain is beckoning.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

Looking at the radar, that band of rain heading my way is beefing up. Should be here within 2 hours... Grey and murky day, that started with fog that didn't lift until 10am... Chilly feel to the day!

Posted

Been dry here all day, but quite cloudy at times.

Posted

I'm tellin' ya! It's fail first time, but will reload and blow us away end of first week of November... rofl.gif

Posted

Watcher your sig line is hilarious! Rofl....rofl.gif I love it!

I know, made me laugh quite a few times when I was making it.

All aboard, GFS, giving the rampers something to ramp about. Too far out at the minute though, more runs required.

I can see the prize coming my way though.

Posted

I can see the prize coming my way though.

What was the prize again?? nea.gif

Posted

What was the prize again?? nea.gif

Approval of godly status as a forecaster, by Ronan.

Posted

A priceless prize.... Or prizeless prize, if you like! :-)

I still feel relatively confident in my date...

Posted

I still feel relatively confident in my date...

good.gif , I'm glad you are....hasn't been much consistency yet for the last week of October (bar some of todays runs) so I've about as much confidence in my punt as I do anyone elses. You are 7th Nov??? (haven't looked to check), as good a shout as anyone at this stage.

Some monstrous echos of rain hitting Southern England at the minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A little flooding in Cork this morning. Hoping to head out for a look around soon...

Posted

This just posted on boards.ie... it's Waterford train station...

http://m.lockerz.com/s/253757666

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Some very windy weather last night, as well as today. Some flooding in Cork this morning but nothing like November 2009. Still, fairly awful trying to get into the city, and more rain is expected overnight. Lets hope its too prolonged.

Posted

Some very windy weather last night, as well as today. Some flooding in Cork this morning but nothing like November 2009. Still, fairly awful trying to get into the city, and more rain is expected overnight. Lets hope its too prolonged.

It's the coastal flooding that will cause more concern tonight SS445... Rain is more sporadic now, but very squally!

Posted

This just posted on boards.ie... it's Waterford train station...

http://m.lockerz.com/s/253757666

Train at platform what? All I see is a river rofl.gif

Rain (heavy at times) on and off here all day, probably flooding in some prone parts.

Posted

Looks like you guys are still in for a battering today then?

More wind and rain on the way

MORE wind and rain are on the way but most of the country will escape widespread flooding. Met Eireann expects scattered heavy showers in the west, north and midlands -- but the east coast should get the best of the weather. And the winter squalls should be gone for the weekend, with most parts dry, forecaster Siobhan Ryan said.

She continued: "Mist and fog could be slow to clear on Thursday and we're going to see scattered, heavy showers, but they won't be quite as frequent. "The west, north and midlands will bear the brunt of that shower activity, but some parts of the country will escape. Leinster and east Munster could be dry. There will be slack winds, but along the coast it will be breezy. "Temperatures will be between 11C and 14C -- a little on the cool side for this time of year, but it's stabilising. Friday will be a calm day, with more dry weather and there should be some reasonable sunshine through the day. "Saturday could be a reasonably pleasant day but there's a question mark over Sunday. It may be dry, but with wet weather in the evening."

The improving weather comes after much of the country was hit with localised flooding yesterday. Cork was worst-hit, with large parts of the city rendered impassable. Commuters in Dublin and the south-east were hit with delays in rail services, with the DART severely delayed in the early morning because of water on the line at Sandycove. Motorists were stuck in floodwaters in Lusk, north Co Dublin, while the Longmile Road, Strawberry Beds in Lucan and parts of Drimnagh also badly hit.

Up to 50mm of rain fell over the course of the day, with the AA also reporting flooding in Wexford, south Kerry, Offaly and Laois. Gardai have urged motorists to take extra care, and for cyclists to be especially careful.

Forecast

The Road Safety Authority reminded drivers that it takes longer to stop on wet roads so they should allow extra distance from the vehicle in front. "Take special care when driving behind goods vehicles as they generate a considerable amount of spray, which reduces your visibility, and drive with dipped headlights at all times," a spokesman said. He added that motorists should not drive through flooded roads and that the brake pedal should be applied for a short distance after going through water to help dry the brakes. The eastern and southern coasts were worst-hit with flooding yesterday but there was also problems in Baltray and Drogheda in Co Louth, Kilkenny city and Wexford, where traffic was reduced to one lane on the O'Hanrahan Bridge in New Ross due to surface water.

Dublin City Council said there was some localised flooding across the city, but otherwise no major problems.

http://www.independent.ie/weather/more-wind-and-rain-on-the-way-3263844.html

Posted

I posted a few pics of the flooding in Cork last night up here http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74373-atlantic-storms-autumn-2012/page__st__120#entry2384234

Just incase anyone want a lookbiggrin.png

Posted

Wow that was some flooding! We also had torrential rain most of the day, however I live at the top of a hill thankfully! Today is dull, grey and damp but not as chilly as it has been recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

just horrendous weather here, with heavy rain on and off since tuesday, torrential rain yesterday with reports of some flooding around roscommon. thank god drier weather is on the way, a welcome respite from this dreadful rainfall.