Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - October 4th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I saw this tall ship floating down the Orwell earlier today. Anyone got any idea why she's here or who she is? Not something you expect to see while putting out the rubbish.:o

Pity I couldn't see and dishy fellas in 18th century Naval uniform on the deck. :D Mind you...I couldn't see the deck from my position.

Anyway, we now have rain in Ippy but nothing to heavy-just drizzle really.

post-17085-0-45432600-1349967591_thumb.j

Posted

Latest warnings:

London and South East England, valid from 15:30 for quite a long time probably, certainly until after dark and probably on and on for hours if the truth be told.

A persistent and deeply irritating outbreak of incessant drizzle is likley to annoy the hell out of people living in these areas for much of the rest of what is, frankly, a bloody miserable Thursday. Whilst rain amounts will be slight the public should be aware that irritation levels will be disconcertingly high and there is the risk of localised sobbing, sighing and general carrying on. The drizzle is expected to fade really slowly, and frankly selfishly, away and eventually to be replaced with clear skies, but as it will be dark by the time that happens it's a bit of a waste really. The public should take extra care during this period of monotony and follow the guidance here: www.whattodointediousweatherwhenyouarestuckintheofficedealingwithnonsense.com

Haha, love this. It is how I feel in a nutshell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Latest warnings:

London and South East England, valid from 15:30 for quite a long time probably, certainly until after dark and probably on and on for hours if the truth be told.

A persistent and deeply irritating outbreak of incessant drizzle is likley to annoy the hell out of people living in these areas for much of the rest of what is, frankly, a bloody miserable Thursday. Whilst rain amounts will be slight the public should be aware that irritation levels will be disconcertingly high and there is the risk of localised sobbing, sighing and general carrying on. The drizzle is expected to fade really slowly, and frankly selfishly, away and eventually to be replaced with clear skies, but as it will be dark by the time that happens it's a bit of a waste really. The public should take extra care during this period of monotony and follow the guidance here: www.whattodointediousweatherwhenyouarestuckintheofficedealingwithnonsense.com

A perfectly accurate forecast, however your attached link was a dead link, below is the updated version which you obviously meant to post instead. unsure.png

http://www.thedailym...d-2012071133979

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

A perfectly accurate forecast, however your attached link was a dead link, below is the updated version which you obviously meant to post instead. unsure.png

http://www.thedailym...d-2012071133979

Very good, like it a lot!

I made up the link but, actually, a dead link on a dead weather day now seems very apt - wish I had done it on purpose (perhaps I should pretend I did, though I suppose the cat is now well and truly out!)

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Nice to hear the S word in creeping into the latest forecast from Mr Fish....

http://video.netweat...h-QDXvFPXH.html

(Don't get too excited yet it is for the Scottish mountains)

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=141495

My rough forecast is as follows

From the 14th cooling off and feeling very chilly

Rainfall totals above average

Towards end of month potential for

A big wind and rain event

November

Looks to be a cold month and I would not rule out first snow for

Bonfire night

Will stay cold but no major snow

Until end of month when the atlantic will kick in again

December looks wet and windy but not too cold. I think wet christmas

But not white

January first 2 weeks could be a potential snow event and expect a strong easterly flow and will be very cold

Staying cold throughout january

With occasional wintry showers

February will be an average month with cold nights but mainly dry

A possible snow event end of february for about a week

March to me could be a cold month again and would not be surprised to see above average snowfall

Expecting cet to be below average

I do not normally post these long rangers but thought I would share this with you

Regards

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I found this site and thought it would be fun to post it, some quite strange ones on the list!

----------

48 Things To Do In The Snow

1. Snow sculpting 2. Ice sculpting 3. Making snow angles 4. Make snow people 5. Skiing 6. Cross-country skiing

7. Sledding 8. Make a fort 9. Have a snow ball fight 10. Make a big snowball 11. Snow skating

12. Snowboarding 14. Write in the snow with your finger 15. Shovel snow 16. Snowmobile

17. Take pictures of the snow 18. Catch snow-flakes on your tongue 19. Learn to figure skate 20. Bobsledding

21. Ice hockey 22. Go dog sledding 23. Go luging 24. .......... 25. Go tobogganing

26. Blow snow away with a snow-blower

27. If in Hawaii, use a boogie-board instead of a sled to go down snow covered hills

28. Make snow cream 29. Make snow nog 30. Eat icicles 31. Balance an icicle on your nose (this is possible)

32. Plow snow 33. Take a walk in the snow 34. Shake snow off the trees 35. Eat snow (but not the yellow snow)

36. Make snow cones 37. Take pictures of snow leopards 38. Identify different types of snowflakes

39. Mix snow and ice cream to make a tasty treat 40. Make snow candy 41. Write in snow with an icicle

42. Write in snow with a stick 43. Make snow soup 44. Take pictures of coyotes

45. Learn to speed skate 46. Snow-tubing 47. Dig a hole in the snow 48.

http://library.think...in_the_snow.htm

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

"shake snow of trees"...

IMG_1551.jpg

Well the dog can shake snow off it's self..

Bailey+Shake+Dec+2010.jpg

The sheep might just get lost..

snowy+sheep.jpg

Maybe there be an upgrade if you get one of these..

snow-globe-igloo.png?w=369&h=498

Hi electric

You forgot the main one

Lamp post watching

I would have thought that would on the list! they have got some funny ones on it though. Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

JP, it's "48 things to do in the snow" maybe that's why it's not on the list?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all from a bright and breezy Hatfield Peverel.unsure.png

Actually it's as black as night, as it still effectively isph34r.png and I can't see any stars, so assume it must be cloudy.

Have a good weekend all, if I don't touch base later. I'm hoping to at lunchtime though.biggrin.png

Posted

Morning all from a bright and breezy Hatfield Peverel.unsure.png

Actually it's as black as night, as it still effectively isph34r.png and I can't see any stars, so assume it must be cloudy.

Have a good weekend all, if I don't touch base later. I'm hoping to at lunchtime though.biggrin.png

Morning Steve,

Nice to know I'm not the only one awake at silly o'clock, it's dark here too and I haven't stuck my head out to see if it's dry or not yet.

Have a good day good.gif

Posted

Morning all! Only just started getting light here and all seems grey and damp. I hate these dark mornings. Wish we didn't have to work in the winter then it would be much more fun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Grey, wet and gloomy here in Ippy. :(

Going for a walk down the docks later to see the tall ships (if they are still here) Apparently more turned up yesterday and I could hear the crews yo-ho-hoing and bottle- of-ruming yesterday afternoon. :D

Posted

Going for a walk down the docks later to see the tall ships (if they are still here) Apparently more turned up yesterday and I could hear the crews yo-ho-hoing and bottle- of-ruming yesterday afternoon. biggrin.png

Sounds wonderful, I will look forward to pictures of ships (and sailors) later then....have a nice time wink.png

Posted

No tall ships or sailors here but it was a rather nice walk round the lake this lunchtime....

post-10773-0-53076400-1350045212_thumb.j

...see it's not all concrete cows and roundabouts in MK angel.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Epic :D, i saw a thunderstorm way out to sea on my walk home tonight... Flashing up the tiny storm in the distance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

No tall ships or sailors here but it was a rather nice walk round the lake this lunchtime....

post-10773-0-53076400-1350045212_thumb.j

...see it's not all concrete cows and roundabouts in MK angel.gif

MK come now That's a picture the developers took before the concrete....rofl.gif

Posted

MK come now That's a picture the developers took before the concrete....rofl.gif

I took it myself at lunchtime today I will have you know blum.gif