Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - October 4th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hi all. Well, it's been a funny old day and no mistake and I'm now back in Naaaaarich. But there was some very big towering clouds about just before I left Ippy this aft and the sky was very dark. Thought we may have had some T&L but no such luck.

Have a good evening everyone. I'm going to my pit cos I'm weary, worn and fed up. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Have a good evening everyone. I'm going to my pit cos I'm weary, worn and fed up. sad.png

Oww, hope you feel better tomorrow, sleep well lazy.gif

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm#t60

Sorry can not post seperate at present

Some very wet weather on the way from thursday morning

On the last fax chart look at that low pressure system to our south west. I think one to keep an eye on

Edited by john pike

Posted

Morning all,

A very chilly 1.9 °C here at the moment....I think this has been the coldest night so far this winter cold.gif

EDIT: Yes!!! I have my first frost, there was a touch of grass frost yesterday but his morning my car and bin lid are white clap.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Rather cold here at 3.0°C and falling, I think this will make the leaves start to fall quicker.

I see here http://www.webbkamer...kaise/index.php that they have some snow and it looks rather cold for the next few days.

Ps and here too http://alk.tiehallinto.fi/alk/english/kelikamerat/kamera-C1453502.html cold.gif

Edited by Chris Mantle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

A sparkling autumn morning here again.cool.png

However I'm predicting local flooding later.sad.png

I've got to change a tap washer...

Posted

However I'm predicting local flooding later.sad.png

I've got to change a tap washer...

let's hope nobody puts a spanner in the works then and hopefully your ground won't be too saturated after rolleyes.gif

I don't think this has anything to do with Steve's plumbing skills as it's in a different part of the region....

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Isle of Wight, Southampton & West Berkshire

Issued at: 1114 on Sun 14 Oct 2012

Valid from: 0000 on Thu 18 Oct 2012

Valid to: 2359 on Thu 18 Oct 2012

The ground remains saturated, and with the threat of further heavy rain, the public are advised to be aware that localised flooding remains a risk on Thursday.

http://www.metoffice...B31E9F143B_1_SE

A sparkling autumn morning here again.cool.png

Isn't it..I've just got back from a lovely long walkies at Woburn deer park..... I'm so lucky to have such great places to walk right on my doorstep !

post-10773-0-17815200-1350214475_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Went on a nice walk with jubby.Well it was nice untill two loose dogs spooked him!He some how manged to wrap himself round a tree fly out is halter (somehow?)and end up laying flat on the grass.

I then had to quickly undo his lead and kind of tie it in a knot round his neck to lead him off the field.as i had no chance of getting the halter on him bouncing around.

Stupid dog.

Luckily no injuries but how he come out that halter i dont know???

I am just glad it was a nice sunny morning as if it was raining would have been worse.

Posted

^^^ Oh not fun Floaty. I always worry about other dogs in the park when I'm out with my pup. Luckily owners always put their dogs on leads when they see me coming. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Was at work all day so haven't been able to enjoy the sunshine. However once I do get out of work at 4:15 the sun is weak and it feels like the evening already.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Check out that rain coming toward the south east, didn't think that was expected!!

Posted

Well is it too much to ask for another frost tonight ? I'm not sure really it's 7.4 °C here at the moment but it looks clear so who knows !

Anyway there is only so much excitement a girl can take in one evening and after watching Felix Baumgartner jump from space live it's down to earth with a bump for me and a bit of Downton Abbey before bed!

Catch you all in the morning angel.gif

Posted

well, what a lovely autumnal day i got up to today. the first proper frost. i had to scrape ice off the car! lots of slap from the serpentine belt though, might just have to get a spare just in case!

Guest archiesmummy

Just seen this about possible warm weather, hope this doesn't happen, summer, you were too late, time for bed, see you next, well, summer!

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted

Well is it too much to ask for another frost tonight ? I'm not sure really it's 7.4 °C here at the moment but it looks clear so who knows !

Anyway there is only so much excitement a girl can take in one evening and after watching Felix Baumgartner jump from space live it's down to earth with a bump for me and a bit of Downton Abbey before bed!

Catch you all in the morning angel.gif

I got an adrenaline rush just watching him.

Currently 7.0c here and temp dropping so frost very possible.

Posted

Hi archiesmummy

Check 120 fax chart

Then 120 gfs

Totally different

I reckon gfs will probably

Be a lot different tomorrow

Just my opinion though

Edited by john pike

Posted

Check out that rain coming toward the south east, didn't think that was expected!!

Caught the edge of that and it drizzled. Not exciting unfortunately!

Posted

Morning all, No frost here last night but it is the 25th anniversary of the Great Storm 15–16 October 1987 which although it didn't affect me personally (only in as much as I saw the roof blow off the house opposite and my hairdressers Mother was killed when a tree fell on her car) it was certainly one for the record books.

As some of you are not old enough to remember (or were not even born) here is some information on the storm.....

An unusually strong weather system caused winds to hit much of southern England and northern France. It was the worst storm to hit England since the Great Storm of 1703 (284 years earlier) and was responsible for the deaths of at least 18 people in England.

According to the Beaufort scale of wind intensities, this storm had winds of hurricane force; however, the term hurricane refers to tropical cyclones originating in the North Atlantic or North Pacific. Hurricanes have a very different wind profile and distribution from storms, and significantly higher precipitation levels.

The storm was declared a rare event, expected to happen only once every several hundred years.

post-10773-0-40969500-1350281999_thumb.j

post-10773-0-33315800-1350282018_thumb.j

You can read more about it here..

http://www.metoffice...ies/great-storm

Posted

Morning all, No frost here last night but it is the 25th anniversary of the Great Storm 15–16 October 1987 which although it didn't affect me personally (only in as much as I saw the roof blow off the house opposite and my hairdressers Mother was killed when a tree fell on her car) it was certainly one for the record books.

As some of you are not old enough to remember (or were not even born) here is some information on the storm.....

Morning Angel and everyone. I remember it well although luckily I wasn't affected by the storm either. i remember being upset over the number of trees that were felled by the storm though.

Quite chilly here this morning but no frost. Currently 5.8c dry and if you look in a certain direction, bright.

Have a great day all!