Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - October 4th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

More and more damn rain here. If I'm not careful I could expolde this weekend through osmosis.......

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

More and more damn rain here. If I'm not careful I could expolde this weekend through osmosis.......

Just eat big salty takeaways then (doner kebab etc.) That should sort it!biggrin.png

Posted

Just eat big salty takeaways then (doner kebab etc.) That should sort it!biggrin.png

Not for me at the moment! On the run down to Xmas and watching carefully the intake/exercise. I see (oh joy of joys) that there is a whole heap more on the way overnight:

hir_prec_eur24.png

hir_prec_eur27.png

hir_prec_eur30.png

My garden already looks like the pitch at the Warsaw football stadium and I have no roof to close!

Posted

Hello from a shy lurker,

I just had to share this funny audio clip about the (supposed) '87 storm phone call. http://audioboo.fm/boos/1007344-greatstorm-25-years-on I hope it's allowed to post odd links. If not I am sorry in advance.

Not sure how long they radio keeps the links open for either.

Posted

Hi Fizzy and welcome. smile.png

I'll listen to this when my assistant goes home at lunchtime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello from a shy lurker,

I just had to share this funny audio clip about the (supposed) '87 storm phone call. http://audioboo.fm/b...orm-25-years-on I hope it's allowed to post odd links. If not I am sorry in advance.

Hi Fizzy,

Welcome aboard and please post away to your hearts content. good.gif Please would you be so kind as to update your profile to show your location.

Reference your soundclip, I think someone's clearly a bit Cuckoo on there as they're (Cuckoos, that is) usually gone by Mid October and most certainly not a storm portent. Nevertheless, a good laugh was had. rofl.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Hello from a shy lurker,

Hey welcome fizzy, don't be shy we won't bite! (some gnaw loose flesh a bit, but we largely have them bound and caged). As long as it has some tenuous link to weather, we generally get away with most decent and polite region specific things in here smile.png

Edited by Coast

Posted

Thank you for the welcome I have updated my nearest town.

gottolovethisweather I think you have be a little bit cuckoo in Suffolk, it helps get you through the week.

I doubt any of it happened but the story teller was amusing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hello from a shy lurker,

I just had to share this funny audio clip about the (supposed) '87 storm phone call. http://audioboo.fm/b...orm-25-years-on

Hi fizzy,

thanks for not lurking any more and for sharing that hilarious clip with us, I think there have been quite a few claims to the fame of being the 'woman who phoned the BBC' but that is certainly the most amusing one I've heard laugh.png

Posted

Thank you for the welcome I have updated my nearest town.

Cheers fizzy, you must live next door to Keraunophile when she is doing her travelling bit then?

Posted

Coast, thats a lot of rain to come but only the GFS is picking it up..The UKMO and the NAE push it way east missing us..

The ones I posted were HiRLAM via Lightning Wizard, so going broadly with GFS. Looking at the Hi-res, NW Extra NMM accumulation chart, I have another 12mm to look forward to overnight:

post-6667-0-35243200-1350561051_thumb.pn

Most of that seems to happen around midnight tonight.

Guest archiesmummy

Hello from a shy lurker,

I just had to share this funny audio clip about the (supposed) '87 storm phone call. http://audioboo.fm/boos/1007344-greatstorm-25-years-on I hope it's allowed to post odd links. If not I am sorry in advance.

That is hilarious! I was in stitches! Ah thanks for cheering me up with that, have been so down...wonderful :)

Posted

Coast, I am near Ipswich but in the lovely countryside. Keraunophile must work in Ipswich, it never strikes me as a touristy visiting place.

archiesmummy, Sorry your down, hope its nothing serious. It cheered me up too.

Posted

Coast, I am near Ipswich but in the lovely countryside. Keraunophile must work in Ipswich, it never strikes me as a touristy visiting place.

She'll be along later and can probably tell you. All I remember about Ipswich was when I used to visit the old Tolly Cobbold Brewery as part of work, that was a long time ago now.

Posted

She'll be along later and can probably tell you. All I remember about Ipswich was when I used to visit the old Tolly Cobbold Brewery as part of work, that was a long time ago now.

I'm impressed you can remember anything after a visit to a brewery *cough*

Again thank you for the welcome, I often read and am amused by all you chatting. Time I got on with clearing the garden before the rain turns up.

Guest archiesmummy

Nothing a beautiful sunny day can't fix! Welcome to you and hope you feel right at home here!

Much nicer day here than expected, even got washing out!

Hope your all having a great day :-)

Posted

I'm impressed you can remember anything after a visit to a brewery *cough*

It was my job to go to pubs and breweries for a few years with some innovative equipment for the industry. But no drinking or driving, I did had a few bottles and casks in the boot to take home at times though!

Just looking at GFS for tonight and the threat of serious rain seems to have abated a bit, I hope it stays a relatively dry night please (I mean the weather, not a 'little problem' doh.gif )

gfs_prec_eur21.png

Edited by Coast

Posted

Weather has brightened here this afternoon - I've just been out for a drive - and it's reasonably pleasant.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Hello from a shy lurker,

I just had to share this funny audio clip about the (supposed) '87 storm phone call. http://audioboo.fm/b...orm-25-years-on I hope it's allowed to post odd links. If not I am sorry in advance.

love it.. I actually fell off my chair !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hi Fizzy and welcome to NW. Yes I work in Ipswich over by the docks near the storage place and the new houses. I like Ipswich though and reckon its a very nice town. There are some beautiful buildings here and I like the shops as well.

It's looking a tad dark over 'By Bill's Mother's' as we used to say in Yorkshire. Actually, to the South in this case. More rain on the way may hap.

Hope everyone is well. :) âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

Posted

Hello from a shy lurker,

Poor biscuit the dog. :(

Thank you that did make me laugh. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hearing a cuckoo in October or rather..if you don't hear one. Nah! Something tells me you ain't going to. :D

It was very funny. His constant references to his mother, her name, age and where she lived. :D