Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - October 4th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Did someone notice anything strange about Gibby's analysis this morning. He mentioned SNOW in his summary. Ok, so it's only the possibility of Northern upland snow but hell, it is very early days for such an event and who knows it may well upgrade a whole lot more. I am not saying it will SNOW down south but I am saying, a cold end to October is looking highly likely. good.gif

Here is a post from me on October 4th hinting at the possibilities of an unusual event come late October. Previously, I had an inkling about an increased likelihood of a cold October in this post back on September 29th.

What the above indicates is that if you stick with the patterns and trends discussed by the likes of Chinio, GP etc, you may get an early signal of what is to come. By looking at things from a global perspective, there are hints to be taken from the data for a timescale that is well ahead of the model outputs. Yes, it still has to happen, but in a week or so's time, this region and a whole lot of the UK will be feeling very cool for the time of year. Before that, a couple of days of autumnal murk and warmth before a short cold spell, which may or not, last into November. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I am not saying it will SNOW down south but I am saying, a cold end to October is looking highly likely. good.gif

Oh heck, not before November 15th please unsure.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

A lot of rain to come for the south-east it seems, a very wet day in store.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Yea I noticed the S word too....nice to see it so early on...a good sign of things to come perhaps?

While we are on the promoting band wagon, would you lovely lot please visit my website for my NEW venture.

www.snack-tastic.co.uk

We are filling up already for Halloween but still have a few gaps for Bonfire night and Christmas/work parties etc...thanks you lovely lot xxx

Posted

One of those Autumn days where nothing seem to be happening but in fact lots is, if you look:

Graveyard-still, no breath

Skin-thin jewels hang, fall

Land soft

Their long decay

As colour leaches

And grateful earth

Grows strong

AS

Posted

Still got the drizzle here, it's neither one thing or another! More rain coming later I think and then a better few days?

hir_prec_eur15.png

MU_London_avn.png

PPVA89.png

ASII_20121019_1000.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Quite steady rain here now.mellow.png Looking forward to the warm spell next week now (hopefully anyway).smile.png

Posted

Don't you hate that moment when you're walking down the street with an umbrella up and you tilt slightly to one side when passing someone and all the cold drips go down the back of your neck? :doh:

Posted

Don't you hate that moment when you're walking down the street with an umbrella up and you tilt slightly to one side when passing someone and all the cold drips go down the back of your neck? doh.gif

To be honest, I'm a bit anti umbrella.tongue.png In fact I'd rather get soaked than carry one. Haven't used one since I was a kid. I think they can be antisocial items on crowded pavements, if people aren't aware of others.unsure.png

Posted

To be honest, I'm a bit anti umbrella.tongue.png In fact I'd rather get soaked than carry one. Haven't used one since I was a kid. I think they can be antisocial items on crowded pavements, if people aren't aware of others.unsure.png

It's useful to stab hooded teenagers and people in disability scooters when they hog the pavement!! :lol:

Guest archiesmummy

Is next week going to bring warm weather or just milder than of late, warm to me is in the 20s but mild would be mid to high teens! Funny how we all see things differently, personally am looking forward to the snow around bonfire night! Lol :)

Sorry MK!

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted

Is next week going to bring warm weather or just milder than of late, warm to me is in the 20s but mild would be mid to high teens! Funny how we all see things differently, personally am looking forward to the snow around bonfire night! Lol smile.png

I think I once read that the latest in the year that the temperature has reached 75F (24C) in the UK was on my birthday, 21st October, so I'd expect high teens, unless the conditions are very favourable next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Don't you hate that moment when you're walking down the street with an umbrella up and you tilt slightly to one side when passing someone and all the cold drips go down the back of your neck? doh.gif

you need a bigger Umbrella Coast! Then you can lift it over the passers by, keeping them momentarily dry too. Everyones a winner ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Is next week going to bring warm weather or just milder than of late, warm to me is in the 20s but mild would be mid to high teens! Funny how we all see things differently, personally am looking forward to the snow around bonfire night! Lol smile.png

Sorry MK!

Some predictions have had temperatures up into the high teens and even low twenties for a day or two, so unseasonably mild sums it up. Whilst, not to everyone's taste, we should get the complete opposite as we head into the final five days of October, that being unseasonably cool. From maxes of 21c to 6c is feasible within the space of a couple of days.

Posted

Ahhh yes, I know just the thing...

sbul2.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The rain seems to be stopping at the M11 and going no further, so if you are going southbound prepare to be soaked, if you are going northbound, it's a dry journey for you :D

post-15503-0-99347600-1350652589_thumb.j

Posted

if you are going southbound prepare to be soaked

If I go Southbound from here I will get very, very wet at any time of year.....

eb_coast.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Yes getting soaked in colchester,school run in 35 mins?

Now where did i put my flippers and snorkle??search.gif

Posted

I still use one now and again....

post-10773-0-27045500-1350658180_thumb.j

...but I agree they are a bit of a lethal weapon, and I can't hold an umbrella and two dog leads anyway !

It's just horrible damp drizzle here now sad.png

Posted

I'd describe it as heavy drizzle here now too.

The heavy rain of earlier has now stopped. Whether that's the end of heavy rain here today remains to be seen, I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Hi Everyone

Some amazing charts being churned out fot a very cold autum, could we be looking at a white 5th November cold.gifcold.gif

Just look at the northern blocking on the attached image, never seen the likes crazy.gifcrazy.gif

post-9329-0-26425400-1350659559_thumb.pn

Posted

Some amazing charts being churned out fot a very cold autum, could we be looking at a white 5th November cold.gifcold.gif

You should post them in here!!!! http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74756-the-winter-201213-ramping-thread/

Posted

I'd describe it as heavy drizzle here now too.

The heavy rain of earlier has now stopped. Whether that's the end of heavy rain here today remains to be seen, I guess.

It's so dark here already.... defiantly a blackberry vodka by candle light kind of an evening I think drinks.gif