Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

All major operational models are now firming up on height rises to our west transferring to Scandi. Winter will soon make itself seen, and it'll enter in style.

Roaring Easterlies on the cards for the forseeable future, rubbish for us in the west, but all the fun & games take place in the east, so enjoy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers and bitterly cold winters with lots of snow

Not a flake here so far sad.png. Even if next weeks easterly does come off can't see us north-westerners seeing much if anything from it.

Edited by frostbitten

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Is this country for real.....3cm and this http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-20605819

Here's hoping for some snow next week I am starting to get a tad excited now...

I am working in Middlesbrough today so looks like I might miss out on the showers :-(

I reckon you got a better chance of seeing snow in Boro looking at the radar mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

been snowed over in southern england according to the bbc weather: http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/20607295

I been wondering whats melts the fastest? the frost or the ice?

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Just had a heavy snow shower here in Gateshead. Its still snowing now albeit lightly.

Posted

That last shower dumped quite a lot, specifically on roofs, paths, cars etc. Still snowing lightly with the sun shining through the clouds :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I reckon you got a better chance of seeing snow in Boro looking at the radar mate

Cheers Vizzy, there is actually the odd flake blowing around here in the wind unless it's ash lol

Just spoke to my mother in Shields and she says it's lay up there like so fairly optimistic!

Posted

Still snowing here,it has not stopped since I last posted, currently 0.3c. The main road to Carter Bar outside my house is well covered.

Edited by Rollo

Posted

Now in York, bone dry!

Heavy snow shower when I left home, which only moved a couple of miles inland from us. Check out the webcam under the weather trends tab at http://www.eastyorkshire.co.uk/eddsfield/ and you can see less snow on the horizon towards the west.

Light dusting across the Wolds from yesterday evenings showers and the North York Moors look good, quite thick on the higher parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Thats what you get for living in the north west, Lancashire, clear blue skies and frosty, no snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

cant wait tommorow going to be increasingly likely we going to get snow in the north west. fingers crossed. smile.pngsmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Absolutely chucking it down with snow in Gateshead. Heaviest shower yet.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Here we go again.. It has turned really dark with fine graupel and snowflakes falling, pretty heavy too!!

Very heavy with 'blizzard-like' conditions

Edited by NL

Posted

I must be one of the few people who doesn't find the prospects of an Easterly all that exciting, without any undercutting most places in the West won't be seeing much in the way of any snow.

Edited by Seven of Nine

Posted

I must be one of the few people who doesn't find the prospects of an Easterly all that exciting, without any undercutting most places in the West won't be seeing much in the way of any snow.

Another one here lazy.gif

Then again, clear cold and frosty is a vast improvement on last winter - its a start. We need a cold NW feed as in 2009 and 2010. The good thing about those winters was the snow was at least shared round a bit. It looks like this time unless there is a change in wind direction the NW will be bone dry - as we are seeing today with all the posts of snow in the NE - we'd better get used to it.

Thing is though it isn't unusual when the wind comes from the lands across the pennines smile.png