Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

metoffice showing snow at my location overnight. could be the first realistic shot at seeing a snow flake this winter biggrin.png

nice to see so many others getting snow as well!

currently (2) and sunny

Yes, could see a heavier pulse around 6 - 9 am tommorow, i will stick my neck out and say we will see an inch of lying snow before it gets washed away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

I used to live in Barnsley, been back in lancs 6 months, my partner was still at our house over there 2009/2010 and it was bad!

yeah it was bad, kids loved it, then again so did I hehe, im getting inpatient now, think i will send kids in back garden with some polystyrene, make their own snow lol

Posted

I must be one of the few people who doesn't find the prospects of an Easterly all that exciting, without any undercutting most places in the West won't be seeing much in the way of any snow.

Trust me it's not just a few!

Posted

metoffice showing snow at my location overnight. could be the first realistic shot at seeing a snow flake this winter :D

nice to see so many others getting snow as well!

currently (2) and sunny

Looking at the first real chance of a few flakes thurs/frid! :-)

Posted

Looking at the first real chance of a few flakes thurs/frid! :-)

nice to see the temp is staying low today too! a good cold night tonight should help us after yesterday rainathon, or it was here anyway haha!

Posted

nice to see the temp is staying low today too! a good cold night tonight should help us after yesterday rainathon, or it was here anyway haha!

There was a few flakes last night at about 4 am I was up with the baby but it was more dandruff than anything

Posted

I had a baby free night so made the most of it n caught up on sleep. If only it had been colder last night we had so much rain haha.

Looking good for us. Long term as well ens look good

Posted

Still snowing at home looking at the webcam, but hard to make out how much as the lens is covered!

Posted

....is it time to split the thread yet.........any posts related to weather in the north west will disappear among a flurry of snow reports from the east....I am happy for those with snow.....but its as relevant to us as the weather in Scotland or the South East.........I know you could say how far do we go...Preston and Manchester get different weather...but NW/NE seems a sensible split..................

the weather may not be extreme enough at the moment...but the models are......and an easterly means very different things in the nw and ne..

Posted

Heavy snow again but it was sunny for about 45 minutes and started melting quite quickly. The problem is that if it snows beyond 2pm there will be very little melt at all so an icy night is in prospect. Currently the temperature is 1.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The cloud is increasing all the time here its just a matter of time till snow falls from the sky

good.gif

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Well according to bbc1 weather forecast at 1.30, uncle Gibbs said snowfall giving a covering in 'major conurbations in the north of England' too. So tht must mean Manchester n leeds because there is isn't any major cities between here n newc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Trust me it's not just a few!

I recall in 2005 I was at Liverpool Hope university near your area and this was an easterly... I left home and it was raining with some sleet, it was the same on Liverpool city centre, however past Edge Hill and on towards Toxteth it was snowing.. At Childwall it was completely covered in white. Upon returning home the ground was only wet... the moral of this story is... Imagine how I feel lol

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Well according to bbc1 weather forecast at 1.30, uncle Gibbs said snowfall giving a covering in 'major conurbations in the north of England' too. So tht must mean Manchester n leeds because there is isn't any major cities between here n newc.

Hope this happens, was this for today or tomorrow?

Posted

Snow has stopped again and the sun is out but by the end of the last shower the temperature had dropped to 0.6c. Hard to say how much there is lying but I would estimate 4-5 cms.

Posted

Rather disappointing so far here, everything that fell overnight was rain and so far the wind is too much to the NNW meaning that anything that reaches here is too light. We did manage one moderate snow shower this morning but the temperature has yet to fall much below 1C.

It looks like a shower is approaching now so we'll see what that brings.

Posted

I reckon for us in West Yorks, we could see several cms of snow accumulating tomorrow initially, for it to turn back to rain followed by falling snow (albeit not accumulating) Friday morning. In line with that prediction, as it stands, I would project significant snow over the pennines (widespread 10cms is possible) with some possible accumulations also over the NYMoors. In line with the metoffice, also 6inches is possible over highland Scotland. Time will tell if I'm right, I may well be totally wrong, but I think it is heading this way at the moment.

The real caveat on potential West Yorks snow tomorrow morning (before the inevitable rain) is the strength of the PPN. if it is eaten up so to speak by the pennines then it might just be rain throughout. Such is the marginality in these sort of situations

Edited by ITSY

Posted

Looking at the warnings from the meto - they seem to be expecting at least a brief spell snow for most say 20 miles and further inland from the Irish Sea. The further up and the further inland you go the heavier the snow will be - as is the norm really.

Use the M6 as a dividing line usually seems to be the case and nornally fairly accurate, west of it no snow - East of it always a chance.

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Mods any chance of a north west thread now plz! Thks

The timing of your quote after 4wd's videos cracked me up! 'Mods - North West thread now please. No more being subjected to videos from the snowy North Eastern contingent please' lol!

2.6c partly cloudy and breezy here.