Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 19th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Sorry to go slighty off topic peeps but can i ask and particularly to mrsf16

relatives over your way say the red cross is going door to door handing out emergency blankets for severe weather, have you seen this?

Not that I am aware of, the certainly haven't been here. Perhaps they might to some of the sheltered housing schemes but I know nothing of it.

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

12z ensembles starting to agree on a much colder spell from 27th onwardssmile.png

gfs main run (thick green line) loses the plot from the 5th onwards doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Evening all,

I hope everyone has enjoyed the first half of their weekend as much as I have mine, the rain and even more so the laying water in the fields may have scuppered the plans of a longer walk than was had but the day couldn't have been nicer smile.png

Certainly a night to stay in and keep warm by the fire now good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

ECM1-144.GIF?24-0

ecm at 144 goes very close to ukmo

cold cold.gif

168 should be very nice!?

Posted

Not that I am aware of, the certainly haven't been here. Perhaps they might to some of the sheltered housing schemes but I know nothing of it.

ok thanks,not to sheltered housing, just normal houses.Never heard of them doing that before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

ECH1-192.GIF?24-0

Flippin 'eck! If this comes off next Sunday will be very cold and maybe snowy!?

Edited by Ice Day

Posted

Well going by the ukmo and ecm very wintry outlook,countryfile should be interesting,unless they go for there usual saying...Theres some uncertainty about this at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Another poor run from the ECM, ONLY -8 uppers reaching the southcoast by the 2nd and maybe widespread snowfall by the 3rd unknw.gif

I hope we get some upgrades soon or I'm writing this winter off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

V funny shots.on mobile waiting for concert to start .reading mod thread sad or wat?colchester is having to cope with a major water pipe bursting in town centre.15h homes evacuated this morning.The road is a nightmare now cones and diggers etc.just what you need run up to xmas.be back later about 10 might pop in chat x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

V funny shots.on mobile waiting for concert to start .reading mod thread sad or wat?colchester is having to cope with a major water pipe bursting in town centre.15h homes evacuated this morning.The road is a nightmare now cones and diggers etc.just what you need run up to xmas.be back later about 10 might pop in chat x

Yeh that is a bit sad floaty sorry.gif Have a good one good.gif

Posted

Another poor run from the ECM, ONLY -8 uppers reaching the southcoast by the 2nd and maybe widespread snowfall by the 3rd unknw.gif

What horrendous charts, maybe next yearrofl.gif Edited by snowblues

Posted

Just back home from shopping, very surprised: it's stopped raining here and there isn't much wind to speak of...

Just looked at the radar, poor SW England they are getting an absolute soaking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Just back home from shopping, very surprised: it's stopped raining here and there isn't much wind to speak of...

Just looked at the radar, poor SW England they are getting an absolute soaking

Wind won't be a factor until the center of the low begins to pass.....expect the winds to really wind up around 3am onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Very calm here ,rained for most of the day but no wind .Lets see what over night brings .

Posted

4.5mm has fallen so far since around midday. Rain has picked up a little in the past few minutes. Here's a model summary based mainly on tonight's output: :)

Turning very windy during the night as the low passes through:

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20121124/12/18/ukwind.png

Some very strong gusts up to 70mph not out of the question around parts of Kent and Essex for example. Windy everywhere but the winds will die down as the day progresses. Tomorrow will be largely dry with decent sunny spells. Maximum temperatures ranging from the 8-12C, mildest on the south coast. Cloud increasing overnight will lead to yet more rain on Monday. Night-time minima around 7C.

Monday will be a wet day though no-where near as windy as Sunday. It may not be until Monday evening when the rain finally clears. Maximum temperatures 9-11C. Cool night into Tuesday with clear spells, night-time minima of 3-5C.

Tuesday may be quite a wet day for parts of the region such as Norfolk and Suffolk, better chance of drier weather further west. Maximum temperatures 7-9C. Night-time minima into Wednesday 3-6C.

More showers along the east coast and maybe the SE corner during Wednesday are likely, though again most likely drier further west. Maximum temperatures 7-9C. Night-time minima into Thursday 2-6C.

UKMO T+120: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1201.png

GFS T+120: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1201.png

ECM T+120: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1201.gif

All three models are similar out to T+120 with the low over central Europe (some differences on positioning of the low). Temperatures by day and night cooling due to the NE’ly winds. Increasing risk of frost at night. Maximum temperatures by Friday perhaps 5-7C with temperatures falling below freezing at night in clearer spells. Into the weekend, temperatures again colder by day and night maximums of 3-5C and minima again below freezing. Mainly dry though some showers, particularly in the east of the region cannot be ruled out.

Can’t seem to access the ECM ensemble mean tonight, so here is the GEFS T850 for London:

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/ensimages/ens.20121124/12/t850London.png

Mean around -4C until FI.

Posted

just looking at the radar looks like its going to be a nasty old night for some people

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

ye of little faith my friend,Shotski come on,You of all people should know, Get the cold in first, We are looking at min 10 day event, Melt down in the model thread Monday. There has always been erratic output where Winter is concerned,Especially when we are fine tuning, Keep the faith my friend.

drinks.gif

Here we go letter box Knocking on the door.

Edited by Jason T

Posted

ye of little faith my friend,Shotski come on,You of all people should know, Get the cold in first, We are looking at min 10 day event, Melt down in the model thread Monday. There has always been erratic output where Winter is concerned,Especially when we are fine tuning, Keep the faith my friend.

drinks.gif

Here we go letter box Knocking on the door.

hi jason

shotski was messing

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Bugger, I so walked into that one.drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

So calm outside

That surprises me! Can hear the wind from inside the house hear. Only gusting 22mph at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather

Nasty little low this is......

Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk in for some ferocious winds around Dawn.

Downed trees and some structural damage likely.

Batten down the hatches!!

FPS