Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

MT8_London_ens.png

these are cold

a lot more agreement on these now

fi is on the 6th december so better than last night

hi mark

sorry could not help myself laugh.png

Carry on mate! Love seeing your ramp charts. Better GFS 18z. Ensembles trending colder and mean shifts cold pool further west . Encouraging! Now let's hope 00z ECM backtracks and it is truly game on then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

hi mate

im sure ecm will look different tomorrow

but not until the 12z run to keep everyone sweating

rofl.gif

Don't think I could put up with a longer wait. I want 00z to get back on track and the. 12z to continue the trend and oh UKMO & GFS continue how they are, surely not too much to ask for?! Surely!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

ECM Looking good at T120, Arctic ridge looks stronger. lets see how the atlantic high holds up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

hi mate

im sure ecm will look different tomorrow

but not until the 12z run to keep everyone sweating

rofl.gif

It does. less energy makes it over the block, start of a downgrade if your looking for mild blum.gif

Posted

Substantial and intense rain coming into work and it was double speed wipers all the way in. Some minor flooding to the sides of the roads around Lewes and the rain looks set to continue for a while yet looking at the radar. I'm thinking of becoming a fish..........

Posted

Yuck... that is all I can say about today. Tipping it down. The bus trip for the school run will just be an absolute joy. Let's see how many people drive through puddles and soak my daughter and I. John, thanks so much for the charts and please keep them coming. I just had to escape the insane asylum that is the mod thread. Have a great day all

PS coast, you may be developing gills, but I am quite sure I am sprouting webbed feet.

Posted

Quick question. I have a Nevada weather station. Since we moved house the darn thing has stopped sending readings from the outside station. Indoor readings work fine. Any advice (besides changing batteries)? I MUST have it working before the onset of Snowmagaddon.

Posted

Check out the thunderstorm symbols for later today:

12_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and your all ready for the week ahead smile.png

It's a bit damp and miserable here this morning, currently 6.7 °C and thankfully only 1mm of rain in MK since midnight, which is good having seen the flood waters yesterday.

I'm really looking forward to the end of the week and whatever the lower temperatures deliver, some frosty mornings and days of clear blue sky and sunshine would be a good start good.gif

Have a lovely Monday angel.gif

Posted

River Thames at Kingston was very high up the banks yesterday afternoon and was moving so fast I don't know how the ducks and swans weren't ending up in the North Sea!

Posted

What a messy old day in prospect for us all, still raining hard here in Benny Hill and looks like showers or scattered rain for awhile yet:

ASII_20121126_0730.png

I'm not going to talk about the possibilities for colder weather and anything that may bring just yet, I need to get a grasp of the charts and posts on the forum first.

Posted

More flood warnings have been issued by the Environment Agency for parts of the Anglia region.

There are 33 Flood Warnings in total and 42 Flood alerts.

These are the latest warnings issued in the past few hours:

Olney in Buckinghamshire. Flooding is expected for properties in Bridge

Street, Church Street, Clay Pit Lane, Wagstaff Way and Pebody Place.

Olney and Newton Blossomville. Flooding is expected for properties in Midland Road and Carey Way in Olney and Clifton Road in Newton Blossomville.

Newport Pagnell near Milton Keynes. Flooding is expected for areas around Rivers Estate.

River Nene from Stibbington to the Town Bridge in Peterborough.

River Nene from the Town Bridge in Peterborough to the Dog in a Doublet Sluice.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2012-11-26/latest-flood-warnings-in-the-anglia-region/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.

Another mucky showery morning here. Here's to crisp and cold!smile.png

I think I need my eyes testing. I glanced at Ali's message above and saw the last bit as Dog in a Double Sauce!unsure.pngph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Must've been raining in the night because its very wet here. Sun has been out but it's popped back behind the grey clouds again. :)

Have a good day, all. :D

Posted

I glanced at Ali's message above and saw the last bit as Dog in a Double Sauce!unsure.pngph34r.png

Maybe you need some breakfast Steve blum.gif

..... I guess it would make a change from chilli...

post-10773-0-62874200-1353922881_thumb.j

laugh.png

Have a good day, all. biggrin.png

And you K smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Quick question. I have a Nevada weather station. Since we moved house the darn thing has stopped sending readings from the outside station. Indoor readings work fine. Any advice (besides changing batteries)? I MUST have it working before the onset of Snowmagaddon.

Not sure exactly how these Nevadas work, but assuming you have an outdoor sensor, bring the sensor inside, place it near the original WS and press reset on both pieces of kit. Alternatively, do the same, having replaced the batteries.

There might be some further advice within the netweather forums, but I wouldn't know where to look, tbf.

As an aside, thank you guys n gals, for providing me with my first popular post. blush.png Let's hope it all comes true now then? Comparisons of Gibby's last few 12z comparisons come this afternoon, will make for interesting reading. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It seems to be drying up here. The heaviest rain I saw this morning was when walking through my work car park.rolleyes.gif

I've just had to fill in the accident book, as some bloke has scalded himself with steam from the new kettle here - he's worried he might get a blister on the side of his thumb. Unbelievable!doh.gif What a wuss! Me and the lady who works with me just looked at each other.ohmy.png

Edited by Steve C