Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 24th 2012>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Finally we see a face to Steve C lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm liking the look of an 80% snow risk for MK next Saturday ...

http://www.netweathe...02de1b#forecast

...I will believe it when I see it falling from the sky though angel.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

my ramp chart for today so far is

gens-4-0-348.png?12

just for us in the south east smile.png

The old perturbation 4 trick eh, shame on you mr Pike acute.gif

STOP PRESS ECM 12z is turning into a horror run, only out to t-144 but the high is sinking far to south for my

liking.

Edited by shotski

Posted

Well the mod thread has gone from happy faces singing lullabys to slit wrists and empty Prozac bottles.

ECM has turned into a freak show and we have the complete opposite to GFS and UKMO.

If anything, I do find it extremely entertaining reading members posts how delighted they are with the 12z then within 20mins their next posts read ' game over'

Why do they do it to themselves? They will make themselves ill

Posted

I'm liking the look of an 80% snow risk for MK next Saturday ...

http://www.netweathe...02de1b#forecast

...I will believe it when I see it falling from the sky though angel.gif

Oooh, we have gone up from 20 to 21%!! lol

Posted

Oooh, oooh ooh there was white stuff on the Countryfile forecast for Friday... RIGHT on the coastal edge of the region though lol!

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Oooh, oooh ooh there was white stuff on the Countryfile forecast for Friday... RIGHT on the coastal edge of the region though lol!

I'm on that coastal strip, but it all looked a bit uncertain at the end of the week to me. We certainly look like getting some crisp winter days this week, after Tuesday, which will be nice.

How it evolves after that... I think I'll wait until about Wednesday now before I worry too much.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

ECM was horrible, though i am optimistic still. We have the GFS/UKMO models on site and Met Office hinting at it turning colder with risk of snow. Still all to play for :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Right, bear with me while I undertake an analysis, looking into the last few GFS 12z runs. sorry.gif

I'll be back. smiliz39.gif

Posted

it always happens.. every bloody year on that model thread.. cold spells coming, everybody gets excited, then that one run from one of the models... and "thats it!! its over" rants, boo bloody hoo.. every fricking year!!.. but its fun to read rofl.gif

Posted

it always happens.. every bloody year on that model thread.. cold spells coming, everybody gets excited, then that one run from one of the models... and "thats it!! its over" rants, boo bloody hoo.. every fricking year!!.. but its fun to read rofl.gif

Absolutely - it's very entertaining!

Can't believe how most of them are on a high buzzing then the ECM roles out and it's - pass me the Prozac drip. Poor buggers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Right, bear with me while I undertake an analysis, looking into the last few GFS 12z runs. sorry.gif

I'll be back. smiliz39.gif

Its not looking good if your after a long deep cold spell IMO, It will turn colder next week for sure but at the moment it's looking like the breakdown

could start next Friday. When do the UKMO fax charts come out ?

Posted

I agree! Over the years I have posted 6 times on that thread and each one has been deleted. Probably on the basis that it was not model discussion but instead was an attempt to have some 'fun' and I know fun is seriously off topic over there (only joking mods!)

Looks like cooling down this week with some frosts possible later and a respite from the biblical downpours, so that will do me for now.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Absolutely - it's very entertaining!

Can't believe how most of them are on a high buzzing then the ECM roles out and it's - pass me the Prozac drip. Poor buggers!

its like feeding monkeys at a zoo!! oops i thru a coconut in, "sorry!!"

Posted

I agree! Over the years I have posted 6 times on that thread and each one has been deleted. Probably on the basis that it was not model discussion but instead was an attempt to have some 'fun' and I know fun is seriously off topic opver there (only joking mods!)

Looks like cooling down this week with some frosts possible later and a respite from the biblical downpours, so that will do me for now.

AS

AS do you know what? I posted on that thread last night and again just now, both were deleted. I don't get it! I was discussing models and not at all off topic.

And yet there is over the past hour - arguments/ toys out of pram posts still on there.

Do they only let regulars post?

Anyhow I shall not put a post on there again.

Posted

AS do you know what? I posted on that thread last night and again just now, both were deleted. I don't get it! I was discussing models and not at all off topic.

And yet there is over the past hour - arguments/ toys out of pram posts still on there.

Do they only let regulars post?

Anyhow I shall not put a post on there again.

I just think there is such a volume of stuff and the mods have a nightmare job so my arguably light hearted observations are probably prime candidates for the can!

I have decided that an average of one post per year deleted is not too bad (GTLTW and team please don't take this as a challenge!)

AS

Posted

I just think there is such a volume of stuff and the mods have a nightmare job so my arguably light hearted observations are probably prime candidates for the can!

I have decided that an average of one post per year deleted is not too bad (GTLTW and team please don't take this as a challenge!)

AS

Well I don't agree, yes I maybe an amateur and slowly learning. But that it is a weather discussion forum and should welcome all comments from beginners to seniors. It adds to the atmosphere aslong as its model related

Edited by Dexter29

Posted

Its not looking good if your after a long deep cold spell IMO, It will turn colder next week for sure but at the moment it's looking like the breakdown

could start next Friday. When do the UKMO fax charts come out ?

hi shotski

updated fax comes out around 10.30-11.00

i am not convinced on ecm run

reckon will look different tomorrow

will update the charts later but i would trust the fax

over ecm and gfs anyday

Posted

hi shotski

updated fax comes out around 10.30-11.00

i am not convinced on ecm run

reckon will look different tomorrow

will update the charts later but i would trust the fax