Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 24th 2012>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

When should i get my radar then peeps,i get it once a yr and look for the pink blobs,maybe see how the weather goes next wk smiliz19.gif im prepared now.

Posted

Well I don't know about anything else but this weather is perfect for getting my sheets dry!

Yes I just decided to stand the clothes horse on the patio. Also with this breeze and sun the pavements have dried up quicker than normal.

This time next week our sheets could get frozen.. Haha :-)

Posted

Yes I just decided to stand the clothes horse on the patio. Also with this breeze and sun the pavements have dried up quicker than normal.

I remamber when i was a young girl,da yep i can remember that far backsearch.gifWhen my dads jeans were frozen solid on the line for weekscold.gif

Posted

Yup, I have stuck some jeans out cause they take ages in the tumbler! LOL! xxx

Posted

Well it was an interesting spell of weather and have to feel for those folk affected by the flooding down in the South West.

But some of the tv footage is annoying me. People dancing around on the banks of fast flowing swollen rivers like its all a big game, and the worst I have seen yet, a young family with kids who are probably no more than 4 or 5 years old literally INCHES from the torrent. One of the kids was even trying to lob in a branch bigger than themselves. What on earth are these parents thinking of, apart from themselves and getting on tv. Totally irresponsible.

Guest archiesmummy

Well it was an interesting spell of weather and have to feel for those folk affected by the flooding down in the South West.

But some of the tv footage is annoying me. People dancing around on the banks of fast flowing swollen rivers like its all a big game, and the worst I have seen yet, a young family with kids who are probably no more than 4 or 5 years old literally INCHES from the torrent. One of the kids was even trying to lob in a branch bigger than themselves. What on earth are these parents thinking of, apart from themselves and getting on tv. Totally irresponsible.

Absolutely agree, footage of parents with kids in buggys trying to cross fast flowing flood water, seriously why you even out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Agree, it's very foolish. Some of that flood water is fast moving and contains sewage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Absolutely Steve! But at this stage, it would be nice to have some Hors d'oeuvre before the main course good.gif

I've been looking at the GFS and ECM charts this morning and can't see anything to get really excited about in the SE at the moment... That being said, I do like crisp wintry sunshine.smile.png

However, the charts certainly don't look anything like becoming Atlantic based in the short / medium term and it seems more than feasible to me that December may deliver a major wintry outbreak later.smile.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Latest bbc forecast has low in scandi thursday with high pressure strengthening in the atlantic bringing ever colder weather from north east and snow showrs extending down the north sea with kent included by friday! Pre-emptive for countryfile forecast.... I love it when we get our first cold weather of winter, if that includes snow then even better!

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

This is just an exciting time of the yr clapping.gif .With Christmas and all the exciting prospects of snow,hail,wind etc.smiliz58.gif oh and a few drink y poosdrinks.gif

Posted

Latest bbc forecast has low in scandi thursday with high pressure strengthening in the atlantic bringing ever colder weather from north east and snow showrs extending down the north sea with kent included by friday! Pre-emptive for countryfile forecast.... I love it when we get our first cold weather of winter, if that includes snow then even better!

Sounds great. I'm recording country file as off out to walk the dog over the canals now.

Good sign they are showing snow for Kent already :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Afternoon all,

It's still quite blustery here this morning but I've been out walking and saw no evidence of much by way of wind damage from last nights big blow, just a few twigs and small branches down and virtually no leaves left on the trees, the main problem here is the flooding in the Ouzel valley.....

post-10773-0-75870600-1353847203_thumb.jpost-10773-0-57890600-1353847292_thumb.j

post-10773-0-59558700-1353847344_thumb.jpost-10773-0-01044900-1353847378_thumb.j

Without breaking the no swimming or boating Parks trust rules it was almost impossible to get very far in any direction with some paths being under a couple of feet of water, the level was rising incredibly quickly as well and one path that was passable on the way was under several inches of water on the way back !

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday folks angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Blue sky, sun and just a bit blustery now in Norwich. It was good while it lasted. :) Roll on the next round.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

...... can't see anything to get really excited about in the SE at the moment... That being said, I do like crisp wintry sunshine.smile.png

Same here...totally agree about the snow as well but I'm ever hopeful we will get something worthy of excitement before winter is over good.gif

Nice profile picture by the way Steve, I thought I better change mine as well so we all know what we look like for 8/12 wink.png

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

either i am looking at different charts to everyone else

or im going mad

this has bitter with snow potential all over it

I don't disagree with that, but it's not one I saw earlier. I looked at GFS and ECM for up until the end of next weekend.smile.png

This chart certainly has more potential than what I saw. Thanks for posting.biggrin.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

its alright steve

i am trying myself to avoid reading gfs and ecm at present

too many varients each day

ukmo might be wrong as well

but the ukmo have stuck rigid with this pattern for a little while now

fingers crossed its right smile.png

Posted

Same here...totally agree about the snow as well but I'm ever hopeful we will get something worthy of excitement before winter is over good.gif

Nice profile picture by the way Steve, I thought I better change mine as well so we all know what we look like for 8/12 wink.png

Thanks Ali. It's the only photo of me I have, where I don't look cross.wink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

TEITS suggesting the long-term outlook will NOT be going tits up. blum.gif

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75064-model-output-discussion-23112012-18z-onwards/page__st__800#entry2414958

To my mind, we all should heed his wise words.

Posted

Oh gawd. Im not even sure how to post an avatar pic......will have a go later though.

Done

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

gens-5-1-348.png?6

ensemble above warmest one i could find

gfs-1-348.png?6

gfs main run from the same time

thats why i am using the ensembles as a guide only

MT8_London_ens.png

see a split here around the 2nd or 3rd which i would call fi at present

much colder air in 2 days time looking good clapping.gif

the fax charts will be a good guide tonight and tomorrow for the weekend