Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 24th 2012>

Zenarcher

Posted

Oh it was awful, roof tiles where flying about, our road is inpassable due to fallen trees, windows have been blown out, houses are severely damaged or destroyed it was a super hurricane!!!!!!! Adam Knight reporting for The Daily Exagerate...urm hum Express! blum.gif

Being serious though ok it did get quite squally about 5 or 6 this morning but nothing out of the ordinary for an autumnal weather system, probably 25-30mph mean speeds with gusts of 45-55mph, might have a few branches snaped off but that's about it! Somewhere near the coasts it might have been a little more severe perhaps 35-40mph means with 65-75mph gusts.

Well it is meant to be the end of the world next month, so perhaps the Express are building up to this. rofl.gif

It's a little breezy around these parts but nothing major. I don't have a breezeometer but would guess not much over 20mph winds. Currently 7.2c and the sun is shining. Lovely jubbly. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

i had a dream thar my house lost half its roof then i woke up! max gust here was 39mph next door is minus a fence panel but other than that all seems well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Well it is meant to be the end of the world next month, so perhaps the Express are building up to this. rofl.gif

It's a little breezy around these parts but nothing major. I don't have a breezeometer but would guess not much over 20mph winds. Currently 7.2c and the sun is shining. Lovely jubbly. smile.png

Yeah it's easing off now though, it was definitely higher then that a couple of hours back. My guess for a maximum gust around my neck of the woods would have been somewhere between 50 and 60mph, now it's more like 30 occasionally 35-40mph.

Posted

Some scattered cloud and a few small blobs in The Channel, but it's bright and breezy here now with a good chance of sun through the bigger part of the day:

ASII_20121125_0900.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

A decent blow imho. The weather is letting you know it's Autumn here, but without being damaging. Saw a few branches snapped off and recycle bins in roads where they shouldn't have been. Quite nice to be out in it.smile.png

Wrt to potential snow, I might get excited 24 hours before it happens.smile.png I'll never get excited with a couple of inches of snow either tbh. To me it has to be a decent fall which lies for more than a day or two, otherwise the nuisance value outweighs the novelty. I suppose that having visited the Alps and Canadian Rockies a fair few times has now dulled my excitement, compared to how I might have felt 20 years ago.smile.png

Have a nice Sunday All!biggrin.png

Posted

Wrt to potential snow, I might get excited 24 hours before it happens.smile.png I'll never get excited with a couple of inches of snow either tbh. To me it has to be a decent fall which lies for more than a day or two, otherwise the nuisance value outweighs the novelty.

Absolutely Steve! But at this stage, it would be nice to have some Hors d'oeuvre before the main course good.gif

Posted

I did see that mean wind speeds were 67mph on the Greenwich Light Vessel at 7:00, according to XCWeather. That would have been an experience!

Posted

A decent blow imho. The weather is letting you know it's Autumn here, but without being damaging. Saw a few branches snapped off and recycle bins in roads where they shouldn't have been. Quite nice to be out in it.smile.png

Wrt to potential snow, I might get excited 24 hours before it happens.smile.png I'll never get excited with a couple of inches of snow either tbh. To me it has to be a decent fall which lies for more than a day or two, otherwise the nuisance value outweighs the novelty. I suppose that having visited the Alps and Canadian Rockies a fair few times has now dulled my excitement, compared to how I might have felt 20 years ago.smile.png

Have a nice Sunday All!biggrin.png

You are being way to picky. 2 inches of snow is a decent fall for the SE...

I would just be happy with cold days and a few snow flurrys tbh.

Actually anything other than the wet and mild garbage we are having at the moment would be nice

Posted

You are being way to picky. 2 inches of snow is a decent fall for the SE...

I'm not! I said 'to me' - don't tell me how I should think.mad.gif

We've had way more than that level of snow here in each of the last 4 years.

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

The fir tree that I can see from my bedroom window was/is getting a right battering, poor thing. :( It has quite an avuncular presence that tree. Old and wise and.......I'll shut up now. :D

Posted

I'm not! I said 'to me' - don't tell me how I should think.mad.gif

We've had way more than that level of snow here in each of the last 4 years.

Keep your knickers on. Lol

I'm not telling you how to think!

2" of snow would be great for the SE during the first cold spell of the season that's all I was saying. #chillout

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Wind has eased now ,just sunny and breezy,blinking aerial kept me awake last night on my roof,rattling away,but all fences and trees standing,just patiently waiting for snow lol, so i have tp be patient and believe you me, i will need it. i have a lot of patience lazy.gif

Posted

Keep your knickers on. Lol

I'm not telling you how to think!

2" of snow would be great for the SE during the first cold spell of the season that's all I was saying. #chillout

Well if you're going to tell me that I'm being picky, then caveat it with imho, or similar. Don't just make a statement.

I am pretty chilled generally.

Over and out.

Posted

Ew can cut the atmosphere with a knife at the moment,be happy, the unexpected season his here,we never know whats going to happen,better than summer weather,thats too boring,

Posted

I did see that mean wind speeds were 67mph on the Greenwich Light Vessel at 7:00, according to XCWeather. That would have been an experience!

Morning Steve. A very stormy night on the coast in Brighton, though the wind has eased back now but is still pretty lively. The sea is well and truly churned up - some spectacular spray bursting over the marina wall. Should be entertaining on the beach walk this morning but I don't expect to see too many nudists given the wind speed and the potential for flying debris!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

whistling.gif regarding one or two posts in here.

Not wanting to restart the debate, can we indeed, have respect for fellow members and keep the posts of discussion, on topic. clapping.gif

I can kind of see both sides of any snowfall request. Some like to see outrageous blizzards, some are happy for an inch or two with not too much disruption, some don't even like the stuff. One thing, I do like is the netweather community, so let's keep it that way. g010.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Amazing really from the early 90s for nearly 2 decades, we only on a few occasions got a decent North Easterly or Ely.

And the models are forecasting one for next week this early in to winter,since 2009 they seem to come every year!

Posted

...and now it is absolutely pouring - saw the shower rolling in from the south west out to sea, it's fantastic watching it bearing down!

Walk is postponed and anyway the cricket is on....

Hope all enjoy your Sunday

AS

Edit: now hailing and the wind is back up to serious strength

Edit edit: sun's out!

Tune in soon for the next thrilling instalment......

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Even the rather (ignore) the 06z is showing snow potential for us in the SE next weekend. That's only 5 days away :-)

Just think guys this time next weekend...??? :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Even the rather (ignore) the 06z is showing snow potential for us in the SE next weekend. That's only 5 days away :-)

Just think guys this time next weekend...??? :-)

Its all in the trend.

I'll probably have a more in-depth look at things later today but will be dashing out shortly.

Posted

Hang on

I phoned a friend and asked the audience, so can only go fifty fifty (can't be snow) is it

Less time to do my Xmas shoppingrofl.gif

mines ;all done ,not to rub it in,all wrapped up,so let it snow,blizzards and all,well i can dream cant i ?

Posted

Hang on

I phoned a friend and asked the audience, so can only go fifty fifty (can't be snow) is it

Less time to do my Xmas shoppingrofl.gif

I'd go sixty/forty in favour of snow right now. Well, that's cents worth. shok.gif