Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted

Yep, looks like it could be nail biting once again. The first thing to get through is the rest of the week which should be on a gradual cooling down with some nippy overnight frosts from Tuesday were skies clear. Then midweek onwards we should be in a better position to see what the week after may bring. Interesting forum to be on for the next few days, no doubt about that.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Temp 8c dry but cloudy Yawn.....

And the forecast for next Sunday 1c cloudy and snow Possibly, YAWN....

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Roll on the onset of clearer, colder weather if only to get shut of the foggy crap we seem to have endured for an eternity.

IMO snow will be a bonus, being able to drive in the daytime without headlights is what I'm really looking for.

Posted

Looks like a fairly typical winter cold spell coming up, nothing especially cold in terms of minima and maxima, however it does look like in our region we may see some snow.. although that's difficult to point out yet.

Indeed Stephen

TBH all i want is the whole region to join in the fun and that NOBODY misses out,obviously things dont work like that,and in terms of

weather next weekend is very much FI,however one things certain it is going to turn alot colder,and although records look unlikly to

be smashed i am sure we would all welcome some nice frosty nights and hopefuuly some SN**

very intresting times ahead and once again model watching becomes more exciting

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Indeed Stephen

TBH all i want is the whole region to join in the fun and that NOBODY misses out,obviously things dont work like that,and in terms of

weather next weekend is very much FI,however one things certain it is going to turn alot colder,and although records look unlikly to

be smashed i am sure we would all welcome some nice frosty nights and hopefuuly some SN**

very intresting times ahead and once again model watching becomes more exciting

C.S

Fully agree CS, snow for all may stop the throwing of toys from prams and the gloating of those who have had more than their fare share.

Hopefully by midweek we should have a better idea as to which way this is going to pan out with even the BBC lunchtime forecast stressing the uncertainty involved.We are due a taste of winter and synoptics which don't downgrade so fingers crossed, this is our time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Looks like a fairly typical winter cold spell coming up, nothing especially cold in terms of minima and maxima, however it does look like in our region we may see some snow.. although that's difficult to point out yet.

I agree it does look as if it's going to get colder, it is January after all, but I am not going to start jumping up and down and start ramping etc, or spitting my dummy out if it gets downgraded, just to have some nice crisp weather will be a change

Posted

And the forecast for next Sunday 1c cloudy and snow Possibly, YAWN....

C.S

unlikely now looks like its all going down the ....flush

Posted

Yet another gloom ridden day. At times cloud was down to 50m level making for a very depressing drab feel. We have yet to see any sunshine in 2013 following on from an equally gloom fest christmas period. I'm looking forward to the pattern change as it will mean a welcome return of sunshine.. which is what everyone longs for at this time of year - more so than cold it has to be said, but as a cold lover obviously I prefer the sunshine to be accompanied by cold.

What a gloomy start to 2013 it has been.. preety awful.

Posted

unlikely now looks like its all going down the ....flush

Why?

Please explain why it is going down the flush

C.S

Posted

Keep a close eye on sat and Sunday for snow potential potential battleground as ppm comes in from

The west and meets the colder air from the east......intros ting

C.s

Posted

Well it's a case of will it or won't it now! Got all things crossed! A winter where I live without snow us very rare. All eyes to this weekend for a possible start of things to come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Raining again here!!! Miserable dross! Does feel slightly cooler out there though than of late!

Posted

Happy new year all N.Westeners. Another one of those days today. Mild, cloudy with drizzle - never been fully light and have again needed car lights on all day.

Just want to see some clear (ish) days now, not bothered about cold, even mild and showery would do, but this endless grey, dull miserable gunk is enough to drive you back to finish off the Christmas booze that you've put back in the cupboard for January drinks.gif

Posted

Hello all slight rain temp 9c bleh

Wow busy on here tonight as im writing this its just me...billy no mates

Happy new year all N.Westeners. Another one of those days today. Mild, cloudy with drizzle - never been fully light and have again needed car lights on all day.

Just want to see some clear (ish) days now, not bothered about cold, even mild and showery would do, but this endless grey, dull miserable gunk is enough to drive you back to finish off the Christmas booze that you've put back in the cupboard for January

what booze mines all gone lol Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Interesting weekend ahead - possible battleground - watching it for dropping in the reliable timeframe - ensembles coldest on the 14th.

Family walk in Windermere on Sunday - hopefully with some ppn :)

Ian

Posted

Another day without sunshine and looking at tomorrow's forecast, not much hope there.

Hopefully mid week will bring the long awaited change to seeing the sun again.

Cold or mild I'm not really bothered, just want some sunshine.

Posted

Yet another gloom fest dark feeling day - a miserable January Monday.. can't remember I last some some sunshine, most days since the 15th have been either wet and dull or just dull dark and cloudy. Wednesday can't come soon enough...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

So it would seem the Met Office are trending toward a milder solution now after an initial very short phase of blocking to the NW. Shame really, all that potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Fantastic 12z. Snow for many of us on Saturday should that verify.

Posted

Monday looks even better

And in FI you will be digging yourself out,and looking for a thaw.....WOW what a run

Just need the ECM to join the party

C.S

Posted

Blimey gang get on here and have a RAMP,probably wont verify but hay....

after the 06z i thought downgrades here we come, the 12z seems to be even better

are we going for a hatrick from the GFS with a stella 18z

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Hi all. IMBY time - just breathed after the 12z - wow but always hurts when the firing line looks just further south/east. But with so much potential i guess atm anything is possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The model run certainly has an air of 2010 to it.. and it will rival 2010 without doubt, if it can maintain the longevity.

Snow looks increasingly likely too, this is a cold spell that we will really be locked into with no obvious way out.

We are due a severe winter (and I mean one that puts 2010 to shame).. there's no reason why that won't be now.