Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted

anyone know if we gonna get lucky off the ecm tonight? peeps to the south are cheering in the model thread but looks like we gonna miss out on it again! unless im totally wrong which is a high chance :p

Posted

anyone know if we gonna get lucky off the ecm tonight? peeps to the south are cheering in the model thread but looks like we gonna miss out on it again! unless im totally wrong which is a high chance :p

Agree - hope its not an all south affair! Would be so cruel if we are not involved!

Posted

Agree - hope its not an all south affair! Would be so cruel if we are not involved!

u missed the again out haha! we always miss out and the runs have been showing us constantly missing out :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

anyone know if we gonna get lucky off the ecm tonight? peeps to the south are cheering in the model thread but looks like we gonna miss out on it again! unless im totally wrong which is a high chance blum.gif

Can you post me a PPN chart?

even the meto are struggling past Friday

The snow will get here dont worry,and yes the ECM remains rock solid

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Big shunt south of the PPN progged for Saturday. Was looking half decent for the south of the region this morning (not exclusively) but now looks very poor (If the GFS verified).

Even the UKMO is poor in that respect. Cheltenham was slap bang in the middle and looking great for accumilations along with Wales but again, it even skirts those areas.

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/reports?LANG=en&MENU=weekahead&DAY=20130109

Going to be a extremely cold week next week. According to this weather forecast. I like it! smile.png

Posted

Big shunt south of the PPN progged for Saturday. Was looking half decent for the south of the region this morning (not exclusively) but now looks very poor (If the GFS verified).

Even if the ppn reached the south of the region it would be very light and patchy

this PPN has been shifting around for the last few days,would not bet against the 18z

sending it as far north as your house LOL

C.S

Posted

anyone know if we gonna get lucky off the ecm tonight? peeps to the south are cheering in the model thread but looks like we gonna miss out on it again! unless im totally wrong which is a high chance blum.gif

Such synoptics favour the East and the South, we would be largely dry while some potentially huge depths accumulate in South Wales, the South Midlands and the South West & East, with probably some snow for North Eastern counties on the 'easterly' days.

Even the UKMO is poor in that respect. Cheltenham was slap bang in the middle and looking great for accumilations along with Wales but again, it even skirts those areas.

Yes, such events nearly always get shunted South nearer the time.

Edited by Ian Brown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Even if the ppn reached the south of the region it would be very light and patchy

this PPN has been shifting around for the last few days,would not bet against the 18z

sending it as far north as your house LOL

C.S

And that's not totally out of the question. I've seen it moved so far north in the past that anywhere south of the Midlands missed out!. Not sure it will be the case this time though. This mornings PPN charts had me at the edge of the heaviest ppn, not this evening. Here's hoping for some decent northward correction hey :)

Posted

And that's not totally out of the question. I've seen it moved so far north in the past that anywhere south of the Midlands missed out!. Not sure it will be the case this time though. This mornings PPN charts had me at the edge of the heaviest ppn, not this evening. Here's hoping for some decent northward correction hey smile.png

Lets hope so hay,because according to some everywere to the N,S,W, and E of the region are going to do very well for snow

during this cold spell,and guess what the NW stays sunny and cold

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

The final piece of the jigsaw needed for weekend snow in the region has now fallen into place.

Diane Oxberry has mentioned it on NW Tonight. Didn't' dwell to long on it as the mere mention of cold seems to bring her close to manic depression but the words snow and not just to high ground were there.

What can possibly go wrong now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The final piece of the jigsaw needed for weekend snow in the region has now fallen into place.

Diane Oxberry has mentioned it on NW Tonight. Didn't' dwell to long on it as the mere mention of cold seems to bring her close to manic depression but the words snow and not just to high ground were there.

What channel number? did she mention snow then? have a feeling we could miss out

Posted

This crap region(only in snow terms though)

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

What channel number? did she mention snow then? have a feeling we could miss out

BBC1 about 20 minutes ago.

If I'd have been watching on Sky I'd have played it back over and over to make sure I heard it right.

10.30 tonight for a replay.

Poor Diane must be heartbroken that at least it will be mild can't be part of her forecast, at least for the next few days.

As regards the last part of your post, yes we could easily miss out on the Saturday event but I think that afterwards we should join in the action.

Posted

Poor Diane must be heartbroken that at least it will be mild can't be part of her forecast, at least for the next few days.

I want Mr Ferguson to move up to the North West http://www.facebook.com/pointswest#!/pointswest The west country are so lucky to have this guy doing their regional forecasts. He should do the national forecasts. Oxberry is like anti-freeze to anything remotely cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I am north west midlands and my bbc weather local is utter crap! my terrestrial channels are crappy west midlands, how great it would be to have fergie

967 bbc SW, 958 bbc north west

Posted

Such synoptics favour the East and the South, we would be largely dry while some potentially huge depths accumulate in South Wales, the South Midlands and the South West & East, with probably some snow for North Eastern counties on the 'easterly' days.

Yes, such events nearly always get shunted South nearer the time.

It's what I implied earlier, unfortunately as we all know anything other than a NW and we struggle to get snow. Hopefully we will join in with the fun and games as the week progresses.

Posted

Yes hence the hysteria and the 'booms' in the MO thread. Your location and those further East may see a bit though.

Posted

I want Mr Ferguson to move up to the North West http://www.facebook.com/pointswest#!/pointswest The west country are so lucky to have this guy doing their regional forecasts. He should do the national forecasts. Oxberry is like anti-freeze to anything remotely cold!

Tbh the thing which really pee's me off with her and the other North West forecasters is that when we miss out on the action, which more often than not we do, they come on and talk about it like we should be thankful we are still green.

Posted

Yes hence the hysteria and the 'booms' in the MO thread. Your location and those further East may see a bit though.

Yes, I wonder it there would so much elation if it was NW being shown.bomb.gif

Posted

Ferguson is fantastic, wow! He even mentions what sounds like him viewing the latest ECM charts... Wow, bugger off Oxbury!

Edited by Slowpoke