Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Northern Lincs Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

here in Barnsley we just had a brief sleet shower lasted about 10 minutes but the clounds are gathering again and its getting pretty dark so is there a surprise in store?acute.gif

yeah lots and lots of.....RAIN rofl.gif

Posted

well sunshine and blue skies now..grrrrrrr

Posted

hmmm gone rather dark and cloudy out there now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Had a fair number of rain, sleet and graupel showers at Sandhutton today, with one shower of hail too, but it's generally been the way of this winter so far that if it isn't cold enough for snow, showers get well inland, and if it is, showers stay nearer to the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Had a couple of light snow showers this morning but since then it's been quite a nice day of broken cloud and sunny interludes.

Posted

Hills are slightly white after a couple of heavy showers this afternoon, 1.7C looks like being a seriously icy night.

Posted

Some heavy showers around this evening, coming out of York after 6 to the east side with sleet and very wet snow. Very icy coming down the hill into the village.

Posted

Heavy shower after 2100 with sleet and wet snow and a frozen slush on the decking. Currently in another shower of wet snow, but looks like the last for a while. Very icy out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Just had that shower here woldsowl, fell as sleet onto already frozen ground from this afternoon's rain showers. Just drove home for near Full Sutton over Wolds and Howardian hills, all the minor road's are sheet ice struggled to get up the hill at Kirkham Abbey, was like driving on snow, probably wouldnt of made it if it wasn't for my winter tyres. Pulled the handbrake a few times just for fun rofl.gif

Posted

Just had that shower here woldsowl, fell as sleet onto already frozen ground from this afternoon's rain showers. Just drove home for near Full Sutton over Wolds and Howardian hills, all the minor road's are sheet ice struggled to get up the hill at Kirkham Abbey, was like driving on snow, probably wouldnt of made it if it wasn't for my winter tyres. Pulled the handbrake a few times just for fun rofl.gif

oh my, i hope it isnt bad in the morning as my partner will be driving home from work....and yes he loves it and his handbrake will also be pulled more than a few times....makes me worry lol

Posted

Changed my car recently and it has a handbrake, last one had a stupid electronic one, just not the same. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Just raining here right now despite temp of 0.5C and dew of -0.5C with a heavy frost... how useless, and we missed out on a harsh frost for this crap. I definitely hate the North Sea.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Well, the temperature eventually fell after the cloud cleared off, and there is not a breath of wind outside, and it's -2.2C.

Very icy mind you! Now it's time for work..

Edited by Aaron

Posted

A frozen slushy bit of snow around this morning. A light cover of snow on the top of the Wolds and a surprising amount on the roads. With the frost around it's hard to tell at what altitude the snow cover starts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Severe frost this morning -2c at 8am and fog, Black ice in residents as i found out coming back out of scunny earlier didnt quite make the exit on a roundabout that i wanted luckily

quiet on the ind estate 15mph and completely helpless !!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Cold

Just dipped below freezing here but I fear 2012 is set to continue the no snow theme....still lets hope2013 changes that !

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looking at the 12 oz GFS there's an outside chance of snow for us. However extremely unlikely and suspect sleet will be the main ingredient.

Anyway for us the worst start to late Autumn/winter since 2003. Every year since then has had Snow before now and considering December is well below normal it's quite surprising.

Posted

I know some are complaining, but we've had 7 days with sleet or snow falling (2 of those were sleet) and 3 with snow lying this month. Sounds a bit better than reality, as there was only one decent snow fall and I'm not counting lying snow today when there was snow on top our hill but we just had a little frozen slush, but there was a dusting across the Wolds tops.

Not a bad start in my book. Forgot to mention October as well, or have I gone too far?

Posted

gone way too far lol, we aint even had a sleet shower haha, i havent seen one snowflake :( i dont think i am asking for much, just to look out of the window and see a few snowflakes falling lol, but i am glad other places have seen some though as its looking awful right now for cold lovers

Posted

Looking at the 12 oz GFS there's an outside chance of snow for us. However extremely unlikely and suspect sleet will be the main ingredient.

I've been watching Friday's low for a while now, the NMM is consistently pushing the cold slightly further west on each run, in that I mean pushing the colder air west as the low moves in.

If the limpet front ahead of the main band merges before it hits Yorkshire then we should see frontal snowfall.

Although judging by how unlucky anywhere close to the Pennines has been lately it's hard to be optimistic!

Posted

Fell to -4C this morning, but that's nothing compared to places in the south, even places on the south coast got colder than I did last night, with freezing fog to boot.. yup, the weather here is definitely very boring compared to everywhere else. No storms, no snow, no freezing fog, can barely manage a harsh frost for statistical purposes.. what a dud of a cold spell.

Snow? Hm, I doubt it. Yet to see settling snowfall, bar a very slight dusting in October. Think I definitely need to move to Braemar, because this area is void of interest (yeah, if only live were that simple, I'd be in Sweden or New England by now..)!

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

I know some are complaining, but we've had 7 days with sleet or snow falling (2 of those were sleet) and 3 with snow lying this month. Sounds a bit better than reality, as there was only one decent snow fall and I'm not counting lying snow today when there was snow on top our hill but we just had a little frozen slush, but there was a dusting across the Wolds tops.

Not a bad start in my book. Forgot to mention October as well, or have I gone too far?

I haven't even seen a snowflake including October..

Posted

BBC weather seems to be talking about a different country with all the emphasis on frost and fog.

It's only briefly been below freezing here with quite a stiff westerly wind most of the night.

+1.5C currently.

There is some white frost and hills are slightly white from yesterday's showers.