Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Northern Lincs Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

All this talk of flooding in so many places - just glad we never get flooding here or rarely. 2012 will go down as an extremely wet year in many places, but not here, that's for sure.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Just checked the min last night and it was 0.6c, how amazing, nearly an air frost!!!! At 2300 when it was around 4c I was thinking how sad it really was. My wife said she thought it was sleet when she went out in the car at 0930, but not really so sure about that.

Anyway, with nothing more exciting to talk about concerning anything wintry, Merry Christmas to all you weather nuts and to all those praying the rain stays away, I hope you get what you wish for.

Posted

Merry Christmas to everyone. Heres hoping to compare snow depths and watching those snow showers on the radar during the rest of the winter. Lets be honest, thats when this thread comes to lifesmiliz19.gif

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Not much to discuss at the moment weather wise, plenty of floods and puddles about but not really my thing unless they are an extreme event. Getting a new weather station tomorrow so looking forward to setting it up and hopefully getting to record some extreme winter weather with it. Have a good Christmas all.

Posted

First time temp has dropped below freezing here for a while, currently -0.2c. Not for long tho..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

So is anybody remotely excited about a few snow flakes in the heavier showers tomorrow night into Sunday then?!

Posted

So is anybody remotely excited about a few snow flakes in the heavier showers tomorrow night into Sunday then?!

Nope! It will amount to nothing so I'm not excited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

We have to take what we can get

Posted

Sleet and wet snow here

Posted

We still have a bit of hail left too.

Posted

Showers a bit wintry in nature during the heavier ones today whilst out on the road. Wouldn't of minded being 400m up in Dales today.good.gif

Posted

There was a dusting above about 1000ft here this morning but since it was from showers quite patchy.

Cold damp and windy most of the day not nice to be out really.

7.1C now is max so far.

Posted

Im surprised theres so little mention of the winds for tonights. Getting really wild in barnsley now.

Posted

wishing everyone a happy new year and here is hoping for a better winter 2013/14, sledge and snow shovel packed away and BBQ primed and ready for what i understand should be a pleasent first weekend of 2013

Posted

Looks like all this moist, humid air has generated a few showers - raining pretty heavily here.

Posted

Murk is the word for today. There wasnt a single clearance, it just remained overcast with drizzle all day and barely even got light. There was very little variation in temperature either.

I know we're always told that the majority like mild, dry weather (even if cloudy), but Ive heard more complaints abou the weather from people at work today than when it was freezing for weeks in December 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I was thinking about that post when I saw a BBC forecast last night which was one of those designed to reassure people about "good" weather, particularly in view of the recent flooding- it talked of the mild and dry weather being "just what we need", used positive value judgements regularly and talked up the possibility of many of us seeing some sunshine. Unfortunately I didn't see the one by John Hammond referring to the stratospheric warming that I've seen others talk about.

It does seem that breaks in the cloud are a bit more widespread today judging by the satellite imagery but it's still dull here at present, 9.8C.

Posted

Good Morning,

So it's getting very exciting in the model thread hunt for cold with this SSW that's happening and 2nd half of jan looks set to be cold but does that mean snow? hmmmmm what do you all think the weather has in store for yorkshire into the 2nd half of jan :)smiliz34.gif