Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hi there, Hernebaylooby. I've just been on to your profile page and your photo is different on there. It does sometimes take a while to change on actual posts. I've had that problem. smile.png

Ah just seen it on there thank you :)

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hey excuse me, I am a Postie.! Spare a thought for us poor souls delivery all your Amazon parcels in the freezing cold. lol

Oh and by the way, profile pic is Hot. !!! grab your coat....

i do often see posties out in ice and sometimes snow in shorts!must me hardened to it i guess?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Nope, I couldn't find it anywhere else either! I was trying to see progression over the next couple of days and that was the only set of charts that showed anything remotely like a bit of white stuff. I'm still highly sceptical TBH, but here may be subtle changes that occur in the next few hours that means someone gets a dusting.

As always we are down to radar watching and ground obs' from members now. good.gif

thanks coast. maybe it will snow from the fog in the morning :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Wind turning ever so slowly to a easterly..

that could be a good sign Edited by snowbob

I think we need to keep an eye on the Showers in the North sea, as Coast pointed out the snow risk maps..The wind is going to slowly turn from a northly round to a westerly and push up from the south Coast..As you can see there is Showers popping up on the radar in the north sea and pushing down and along the channel, hopefully they can build over the warmer waters and push over land...IMO..This is just a guess..

Posted

Wind turning ever so slowly to a easterly..

you sure about that mate....?

post-15445-0-95897900-1355231928_thumb.g

Posted

oooh ooooh looky looky... ok so this will definately change but look what its showing for my postcode christmas day! be quick before they change it!!

right all we need now is the door number lol. be careful giving out your full postcode on a public forum smile.png maybe i'm just paranoid lol

Edited by snow raven
removed link to members full postcode

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!
Posted · Hidden by snow raven, December 11, 2012 - don't give out your full post code, followed by a post telling everyone what house number you are
Hidden by snow raven, December 11, 2012 - don't give out your full post code, followed by a post telling everyone what house number you are

right all we need now is the door number lol. be careful giving out your full postcode on a public forum smile.png maybe i'm just paranoid lol

haha i just noticed that :/ ... im at number 8! ( ...right that will teach the buggers for being the only neighbour not to send me a christmas card last year!)

Posted

i do often see posties out in ice and sometimes snow in shorts!must me hardened to it i guess?

Must be. We are made of stern stuff, everyone wants our job in the summer, walking around in shorts in the sun chatting to people, however, not many takers in Dec. / Jan when its chuffing cold and often wet. !

Posted

Car park is still frozen like an ice rink at work, in the shadow of the building and my car still has thick frost on it from 6.30 am and a 30 mile drive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, storms

I was just thinking that, especially considering hernebaylooby had an admirer earlier getting all excited about her pic!

Edited by Robin_Whitby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

well i'm still hoping that the models have underestimated this block on a massive scale and the the atlantic front bumps into it, then stalls, and slowly get pushed back, all the time dumping copious amounts of snow for everyone that wants it!

If not, i hope another cold shot comes soon lol

Posted

well i'm still hoping that the models have underestimated this block on a massive scale and the the atlantic front bumps into it, then stalls, and slowly get pushed back, all the time dumping copious amounts of snow for everyone that wants it!

If not, i hope another cold shot comes soon lol

it looks likely to do all of that - apart from the snow part unfortunately :(

yes...bring on the next rollercoaster

Posted

Okay here is the best thing I can come out with for snow Tomorrow/Thursday before our low comes in..

post-12648-0-47723800-1355233263_thumb.j

Look at the front moving into England...Is that the low or something the models and we are missing? #confused.

Also confused cc_confused.gif Here's where everything is moving to by 18z tonight, it also shows that freezing fog for much of the country:

LOC_20121211_0900.png

First thing in the morning:

PPVE89.png

Midday:

PPVG89.png

Edited by Coast

Posted

Afternoon all. After a thick frost this morning it has turned increasingly foggy in the past couple of hours. Temperature is currently -0.8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Im looking forward to the possible freezing fog tonight, Was very frosty this morning but it has mostly melted away leaving this increasing heavy fog... 0.2c outside and falling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Lovely sunny crisp day here ,frost still on some roofs .My back garden is very icy as my 5 month old puppy found out when she decided to have a funny 5 and run at a 100 mile an hour around the garden only to find herself upside down on her back .Temp is 3.2 .

Posted

Seems that those of us in the west of the region developed freezing fog as the sun rose this morning and very slowly started thawing the sharp overnight frost.

Temps have struggled around freezing point all day, and will now soon start to fall again, and I can only assume the fog will thicken up as dusk falls. Another very cold night ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

How come no-one is talking about the snow potential for Thursday, BBC had snow for a time over a wide area of the south east including London area eventually turning to rain, what are people's thoughts on this?