Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 4th January 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

ECH1-168.GIF?08-0

ECH0-168.GIF

Every run is a cobra run tonightcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

I know I said to put the ramping on hold for a bit, as it isn't set in stone, but the chances now of a severe cold spell do look to have nudged a fair bit above 50% now.

Posted

We've made super progress today regarding the potential for notable winter weather in the second half of January.

ECM 12z 168hrs!

ECM1-168.GIF?08-0

GFS 12z 162hrs

gfs-0-162.png?12

UKMO 12z 144hrs

UW144-21.GIF?08-18

GEM 12z 144hrs

gem-0-144.png?12

BOM 12z 162hrs

bom-0-162.png?12

Game on!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Pheewwww!!! If only!

h850t850eu.png

It's so pretty, I think I'll need to add the dog to my sacrifice list now :D

Edited by Allyw12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

You may now start buffing up your ramps, run pre-rampede checks on them etc. Hopefully will be given the all clear to set them free soon.

Posted

Yes, interesting model runs tonight. May even see a few flakes here if they turn out to be accurate. Doubt it would lie though ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

We've made super progress today regarding the potential for notable winter weather in the second half of January.

ECM 12z 168hrs!

ECM1-168.GIF?08-0

GFS 12z 162hrs

gfs-0-162.png?12

UKMO 12z 144hrs

UW144-21.GIF?08-18

GEM 12z 144hrs

gem-0-144.png?12

BOM 12z 162hrs

bom-0-162.png?12

Game on!!!!

You know it's good when THAT GFS from earlier looks like the least snowy model at +168...

Posted

You may now start buffing up your ramps, run pre-rampede checks on them etc. Hopefully will be given the all clear to set them free soon.

We're gonna need a bigger ramp (all the way out to the North Sea no less):

045%20(3)(1).jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Temp has dropped considerably up here, 12.6 yesterday, now down to 6.4 and clearing skies. YESSSSSSSS! yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

We're gonna need a bigger ramp

Can we just use East Lomond? smile.png

Or maybe use East AND West Lomond as a half pipe?

Edited by Scotster

Posted

What an afternoon and evening with the models. Caution must be urged but one can't resist the excitement of the genuine potential that lies ahead of us all. This setting up to be an amazing week for model watching aswell - it will be EPIC, trust me!!! A backtrack and MT capitulation of EPIC proportions with Ian Broon at his sparkling best; Steve Murr says KABOOM with "That ECM, GFS et UKMO", the upgrades just keep going; or we steadily keep on going with further variations but we maintain the trend for truly promising winter prospects. Who'd thought that a post from Mr.I.Broon would have so many likes! http://forum.netweather.tv/best-content/

Edited by A Winter's Tale

Posted

Im wondering who will be favoured for shnaw, guess the usual suspects....eastern coasts and the south east, and perhaps streamers through to the west...

Posted

For those in the north and west worried about snow prospects, my advices would be not to yet - the details are far from decided, and even if Scotland is not the big player in the early stages, with a block like that we'd likely be looking at a reload from the north/northeast in time which would put you in a prime position for snow.

And I'd also add that both the GFS and ECM would give snow to most in the west on Sunday evening into Monday (check the precipitation chart I posted earlier).

Posted

Im wondering who will be favoured for shnaw, guess the usual suspects....eastern coasts and the south east, and perhaps streamers through to the west...

smile.png

Posted

Well I ventured into the MT to try to keep up with the "will it, won't it, ECM" euphoria, and even with skimming for posters names and likes, I still couldn't do it!! skipped the last 6 pages.. but at least it's not TOORPing... yet

all smiles and a new signature to boot hehe..

Edited by Snooz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Oh dear God; 1,702 on N-W. 1,156 of those in the Secure Ward aka the MT and 49 pages since this morning of fevered, incoherant jibberings whilst rocking back and forth on their beds.

So nice to pop in here for an understandable and efficient update, as usual. I'd quite like to sacrifice the spoiled prima donna who is renting our home in Scotland (and complaining about the heating system - nothing wrong with it) while we are stuck in exile down inside the M25. Beam me up Scotty...!! Please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Guilty as charged, Nurse Ratchett has just been round to deliver some more psychotropics prior to the pub run.. addictive viewing just now the stratospheric impacts carving up the Northern Hemisphere with ease and plunging cold everywhere.

Cold uppers prior to a strong cold pool, developing heights blocking off the Atlantic. Split Jet Flow, ECM back tracking on the US phasing of that kicked up low from last night and ignition and some cross model consensus for the first time I think this Winter.

To top it off this weekend sees things looking excellent here, marginal uppers early Friday then good uppers from thereon, on the cusp of a notable spell of cold. Ramps oot !

EDIT - to add charts, realised I had nearly not complied with yesterdays rules.. !

ECM Ensemble at day 10

post-7292-0-81786000-1357679764_thumb.pn

Cold stuff...

post-7292-0-42581800-1357679681_thumb.pn

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

Ok, who's going to watch the 18Z?wink.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

So from what I can gather.. this is a very lay person's view/summary of the MT with the snippets I found interesting... in case anyone else hasn't got time to wade through the 30-40 pages that appeared around tea-time :)

The Models are now in agreement for some cold this weekend, this may not mean snaw for everyone.. but this apparently is just the beginning of what could be a prolonged spell. Chiono.. bless his socks I don't know how he has the patience... has been trying to say that while the effects of the SSW - Satrospheric warming - (that's the really high up bittie) possibly won't show themselves until day 20-30 he believes that a more immediate smaller side effect will show itself first - 5-14 days and that would what the models are now showing for this weekend?

IF, Fergie gave a small update of the METO's immediate thoughts about the early evening runs and in it, or the twitter post that was linked, said the METO would not be immediately updating any forecasts as confidence in the Models was at an all time low.. (don't shoot the messenger OK!)

TEITS, as he said earlier....repeated himself again

Steve Murr gave the ultimate in booms and said "BOOMAGE" in reaction to the ECM

last I looked there were 1 or 2 already starting to come in and say "but there's more to UK than just the SE/west [fill in blank]" as if blaming the, yet to nail, models for not putting the snow clouds/528 Dam/-8 Uppers over them.. so I gracefully exited the madhouse before they came off the happy pills and started "what if"s.."

HTH

& happy model watching

Ian Brown, as you can see from my new signature, when pressed for a response to the ECM backtracking into line with the other models said WTF! and it is now, ALREADY, the highest liked post on NW (linked earlier in this thread too)

Posted

Ok, who's going to watch the 18Z?wink.png

I'm in the MT already. It will be meltdown if it goes Pete Tong....:-)

Posted

Am looking out for some new Steve Murr adjectives on this run.

Pete Tong is a legend,many a trusty Friday evening kicking off with some Essential Selection action.

C'mon pub run - how cold can you go...

Keeping an eye on the record for this too...

1840 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

Am looking out for some new Steve Murr adjectives on this run.

Pete Tong is a legend,many a trusty Friday evening kicking off with some Essential Selection action.

C'mon pub run - how cold can you go...

Keeping an eye on the record for this too...

1840 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

Where do you see total online viewers? I just see each thread. I assume that is total viewers on all threads ?

Posted

It is on the front screen of the forum, above the list of users.

Not meaning to make model viewers sound like addicts.ph34r.png

1910 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

Edited by lorenzo