Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Yep here in Cardiff there is light snow, its being produced by a small band of precipitation, i expect it to head SE and pass the bristol area, good luck guys!

Posted

All hope is not lost!! Looking at the rain today radar, it seems the PPN is making it closer and closer! And some bits should be heavy enough to make it down to ground!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

I am extremely excited to report light but large falling snowflakes here in Delabole, North Cornwall smile.png)))))

Cornish Pixie worked it's magic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Sun

In the absence of no lamposts in window view, my usual excuse of "checking the weather" (going for a ciggie) is actually me checking the weather.

I must have been out 3 times in the last hour but sadly nothing to report (yet) here in Bristol (East ish)

I'm driving to Basingstoke tomorrow and Thursday and Grimsby (via the midlands) on Thursday/Friday so fingers crossed I see SOME snow - even if it's manky slush that's been lying for a few days hahahaha.

Posted

No not all, I am pretty gobsmacked to be honest!

Sadly it' s more like sleet now and is not showing signs of settling.

We had none at all last year so this is good for my fix though!!!

Didn't think so! Again, just goes to show the unpredictability of the snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Still coming down but more grainy now, can anyone with access to radar, models etc... see if we should expect more?

Many thanks. :)

Difficult to say from the radar.. The ppn over you you are getting seems to have just intensified in size over last half hour. Whether it passes or more to come others on this site will probably give a better proposition. If you can it is worth subscribing to the nw extra radar to see the snow progressing. Only about 3.49 per month too. In celebration for you I will pour myself a wee glass . :-)

Posted

Really need the temperature to drop a bit here. It's been 2.9 degrees for the last couple of hours, with dew point -0.1 degrees. Seems to have stopped dropping. We had the radar showing snow over us an hour or so ago, but nothing falling from the sky here either. Hoping it will intensify later, and the temperature drops a bit more!

Posted

No precip at all here at the mo - despite the radar showing rain. Looks to be quite sleety north Cornwall/north Devon. Not sure how reliable the radar returns are?

Could still be a bit more for you Snowphie!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Going to pop outside now to take a look . My weather station is reporting a temp of 0.3c and the DP is currently - 0.7 smile.png

In the meantime though I shall leave you with this:smile.png

SKYWARN UK HAS ISSUED A SEVERE WEATHER WATCH FOR THE FOLLOWING REGIONS:

ALL OF ENGLAND

WALES

CENTRAL AND EASTERN SCOTLAND

IN EFFECT UNTIL 0600UTC TUESDAY 15TH JANUARY 2013

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SEVERE WEATHER AFFECTING THE INDICATED REGIONS IN THE TIME PERIOD SPECIFIED. THREATS WITHIN THIS WATCH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:

HEAVY SNOW...ICE

DISCUSSION:

THERE IS GOOD MODEL AGREEMENT AND INTER-AGENCY AWARENESS OF LOW PRESSURE MOVING S/SE OVER THE UNITED KINGDOM WITHIN THE TIMESCALE SPECIFIED. AS THE LOW TRANSITS THROUGH THE COUNTRY AND THE ASSOCIATED FRONTAL SYSTEMS PUSH SE MEETING THE COLD AIR CURRENTLY IN PLACE, SNOWFALL WILL OCCUR PROVIDING SOME HEAVY FALLS WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF BETWEEN 2-5CM AT LOWER LEVELS ALTHOUGH 5-10CM IS LIKELY ABOVE 200-300 METERS.

SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS REQUESTED AND SPOTTERS ARE REQUESTED TO REPORT ALL FACTORS EXCEEDING ACTIVATION CRITERIA

http://skywarn.org.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

No precip at all here at the mo - despite the radar showing rain. Looks to be quite sleety north Cornwall/north Devon. Not sure how reliable the radar returns are?

Could still be a bit more for you Snowphie!!!

We have rain now but was nice to see, thanks for the info though.

Good luck to everyone else :)

Posted

Well, Snowphie at least you've had a few flakes!

Better than nowt I s'pose.

Keep up the reports - what with that and the darts I'm having a good night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Latest from Ian F!

Light snow now falling on A37 over Mendips as we drive along it back to Bristol...

haha shows I should check more often instead of looking at radar... rofl.gif

Just popped outside and on inspection we have very light snow falling. air_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

A few flakes here!

Posted

haha shows I should check more often instead of looking at radar... rofl.gif

Just popped outside and on inspection we have very light snow falling. air_kiss.gif

Haha, yeah! Lucky you! :p by the way, how accurate is the raintoday forecasts, as I've never used them, only the radar, thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

It' s raining sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Don't worry, going to turn rain for all of us in our region, But you managed to see some snow, Lets hope the vanguard for more before winter over