Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Its hitting the cold block very hard and the block isn't giving ground so can't see it moving any further east ..... sadly !

Lets just hope the Peterborough snow shield gets broken tomorrow Paul! Thinks aren't looking too bad for at least a little snow tomorrow for our region. Edited by Hughsey

Posted

Coming down here moderately now. roads on the estate white over. completely un expected bonus . this should give a nice foindation for tomorrows snow to build on.

I'm off to read up pn convergence zones. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

If this doesn't go anywhere does anyone think the front pushing in from the west will band together with the snow we currently have just wondered looking at the radar that's all.

Posted

If this doesn't go anywhere does anyone think the front pushing in from the west will band together with the snow we currently have just wondered looking at the radar that's all.

tomorrow's a different airmass, so it'll probably kill this one off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

Been coming down light and steady for the past hour and a half now, all the grass is covered up here. Just goes to prove how complex and surprising the weather can be!

Posted

Been coming down light and steady for the past hour and a half now, all the grass is covered up here. Just goes to prove how complex and surprising the weather can be!

Just goes to show how difficult snow can be to predict, and also it shows that you can get nice surprises like we have seen today wasn't expecting anything now have a fresh 2cm of snow drinks.gif

Posted

Quite heavy here for once were well placed for snow. :D good starter for tommorow

Posted

A cm or so in Ashby de la Zouch, and coming down enough to cause difficult driving conditions, most side roads covered. I really cant believe that a weather warning hasn't been issued. It's been bad here for at least an hour now and two hours since it started.

Posted

The snow did show up on this mornings NAE run, chart below is for 6.00pm, but i was to busy

looking at the main band of snow coming in tomorrow sorry.gif

13011718_1706.gif

Posted

Looks like it's starting to become more lighter now.. still a great surprise.

Was in Northampton for a dentists appointment at 6pm (face is numb), and whilst it was light-moderate in the town centre, once you got on the A45 at the Billing exit - nothing - zip. Not a flake, and nothing here in Rushden either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Definitely slowing down now, but it is still going! Got about 1" so far tonight on top of the remnants of the last snow event, suprising and most welcome :)

Posted

It's actually still coming down here in HArpole - albeit a little lighter than it has been the last hour. Decent sized, flakes, too. I expect it to fizzle out within the hour though really.

Posted

temps -1 and still snowing, light at moment. took photo 30mins ago

That's what it's like on most of the side roads in Dronfield it's icy aswell making it difficult to drive in.

Posted

Was at East Midlands airport earlier it was coming down really quite heavy, plus there was wind not quite a white out but by UK standards I guess it could have been classed as a "blizzard" as I traveled into Nottingham though it was fading away. I think Leicester/Derby are getting quite a bit out of it. Was surprised when I found myself in it. Prove these forecasters don't really have much of a clue a lot of the time.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Still snowing lightly here, with mod burst now mixed in.

Current Temp -2.1c

Dew Point -3c

Wind Chill -5.4c S/E 9mph

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Have had consistant snow since about 4.30pm. Have a decent covering, roads now have a thin layer of snow on them. This really is an added bonus!

Posted

Evening all!!!!

What a lovely surprise this afternoon!!! A few flakes at about 3pm, turned into some steady, if light, snowfall which lasted till about an hour ago, there is still the odd flake around in the air though :) Side roads and pavements have a nice little dusting on them now!!

I'm getting ready for tomorrow though! Any idea what the accumulations are likely to be?

I'm really thinking, it's gonna look ok in the morning for travelling to work, but I think I'm not going to drive tomorrow!!! No point in getting stuck!!!!