Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

I called it right 45 minutes into the intensification, maybe I'm learning as I go! :D

*Pats himself arrogantly on the back and then regrets doing so.* blush.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Much bigger flakes now, I'd say we have moderate now :)

Posted

This is amazing, really didn't expect this, it's almost like the event has arrived a day early! It hasn't obviously but if this can keep going for a while we could get a covering from it, it's coming down quite heavy now and the pavements that were clear earlier...Are now white again.

Looks like Leicester is in the sweet spot for once!

hiradarzoomv421701.png

Jheeez what if that band across birmingham joins with the band currently over us!!

Posted

It's actually linked up with that front that was moving in from the West!

Here is what the radar looked like at 4pm...

hiradarzoomv4217011.png

This is what it looks like now....

hiradarzoomv4217012.png

Do have a niggling feeling of 1947 sitting at the back of your mind, but you don't want to admit it? Something feels terribly right about this lot to me.

Glad Leicester is getting some snow, you guys are just about as lucky as us when it comes to snow.

What are the chances of an un-forecast and unforeseen two bands of snow, suddenly appearing and then merging over the central Midlands???? This is truly astonishing to me!! ohmy.pngclap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I called it right 45 minutes into the intensification, maybe I'm learning as I go! biggrin.png

*Pats himself arrogantly on the back and then regrets doing so.* blush.png

Well called my friend! I really didn't expect it to be this heavy though! I thought we may have a period of snizzle but it's coming down in 20p sized flakes at a good pace, all surfaces that didn't have snow on earlier are now white! Wonder how long it can keep going for shok.gif

Posted

It's actually linked up with that front that was moving in from the West!

Here is what the radar looked like at 4pm...

hiradarzoomv4217011.png

This is what it looks like now....

hiradarzoomv4217012.png

Gotta felling this is going to be a long, long weekend on the radarhi.gif

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A light fresh covering of snizzel here, on top of the old snow.. around 5cm overall, Temp -1.8, Dew point -3.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Snow is getting heavier, although still in the moderate category. Settling on the pavements of the A6 despite constant traffic and people walking on it. If this was to continue at this rate and after the traffic subsides later then we could get a fair covering before tomorrows snow even gets here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

And now quite heavy!

I'm ashamed I didn't see this coming :( where the hell did it come from!?rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

afternoon nabors im glad to c that every1 joining in on the action lets hope this is just the starters before the main corse.

Posted

Heavy snow here now covering very quickly, this is crazy, I wonder what the BBC weather folk have to say about this then? biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Heavy snow here now covering very quickly, this is crazy, I wonder what the BBC weather folk have to say about this then? biggrin.png

I'm absolutely astonished mate. I thought we may get some snizzle this evening but this is crazy!! A fresh 1-2cm on all surfaces here now and the main event isn't supposed to be until tomorrow! I wonder how long it will stick around for this evening? It's actually not moving anywhere, it's just stalled over the Midlands, doesn't know what direction to move in lol,

Posted

Potentially good signs for showing how far the Atlantic front may make inroads before weakening and sinking back South..? (Just a theory, posing it more as a question really!)

Posted

I'm absolutely astonished mate. I thought we may get some snizzle this evening but this is crazy!! A fresh 1-2cm on all surfaces here now and the main event isn't supposed to be until tomorrow! I wonder how long it will stick around for this evening? It's actually not moving anywhere, it's just stalled over the Midlands, doesn't know what direction to move in lol,

It's like God has grabbed the two band by the scruffs of their necks and said "right! that's enough messing about, you''ll drop you snow over the bloody Midlands now you freaks!!" whilst ringing their necks. rofl.gif Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Heavy snow in Belper now with massive flakes. We probably have a cm already, and there was nothing on pavements just an hour ago! This is actually heavier than anything that fell on Monday when we were forecast heavy snow :)

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Whoever says 'magic' doesn't exist, should go and look out of the window, surely there can be no greater and more magical sight ,than heavy snow falling in England *sighs* wink.png

Posted

just watched latest bbc forecast, they showed the surprise snow currently falling atm continuing all night, only really stopping when tomorows main band reaches the midlands tommorow. Pretty remarkable how this just came out of nowhere

Posted

just watched latest bbc forecast, they showed the surprise snow currently falling atm continuing all night, only really stopping when tomorows main band reaches the midlands tommorow. Pretty remarkable how this just came out of nowhere

If it continues as heavy as this all night then we will have had our 5cm quota before tomorrows snow band reaches us :)

Posted

well this is great, snow to the left of me ( bakewell ) snow to to the left of me (belper) and I,m stuck in the middle with

YEP Lots of snow - what a bonus

drinks.gif