Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Don't think that'll be the case. Cardiff is in the amber warning

Yeah, this time we're all looking lucky in the Southeast. Quite rare to see Cardiff and Newport in amber warnings in my experience.

Posted

Heavy snow to bring risk of disruption on Friday

The Met Office is warning of the risk of disruption as heavy snow is forecast across many parts of the UK on Friday.

Posted

Cant believe it, i said i wouldnt get sucked in and disappointed when the downgrades start but the great GFS runs for days for wales had me believing. Then now we're getting closer its started, went from looking great to marginal in one run (for the North coast anyway), just hope it isnt so progressive in the next run and comes more in to line like previous runs but cant see it looking at the other models. The places that seem to always get the snow will be lapping it all up again :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

I'm not sure I like the look of that BBC graphic they just put on Wales Today either... Rain from Aber to Cardiff? doh.gif

Don't take the BBC graphics too literally, even in December 2010 I remember them showing rain when it turned out to be snow.

Posted

Amber Alert of Snow for Wales

Amber Alert of Snow for Wales : Denbighshire, Flintshire, Powys, Wrexham, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Torfaen, Cardiff, Newport, Gwynedd, Conwy, Bridgend, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Vale of Glamorgan & Swansea valid from 0400 Fri 18 Jan to 1800 Fri 18 Jan

TONIGHT - TONIGHT - BRFM Internet TV show - Liza will be appearing on the show TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT between 9pm and 10pm - tune in to www.brfm.co.uk - CLICK ON THERE INTERNET TV STATION - where you will be able to hear and see Liza perform some Whitney tunes and some original songs + an interview about my Whitney Show at the Coal Exchange in March plus lots of other goss - all on my gig guide - www.lizastarlight.com/lizasgigguide2013.htm

You can buy a copy of my album "The Voice Of Wales" for only £11.95 inc p&p from this page of Liza's website - www.lizastarlight.com/lizascdforsale.htm - it features four original songs that Liza will be singing tonight as well as some Whitney Houston - Celine Dion - Wendy Moten etc etc - a great CD to have in your collection from a great artist from Wales

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Just checked netweather homepage for the will it snow section in my area I have 19% today, 11% chance tomorrow and an impressive 0% CHANCE for Fri,doh.gif no need to go and get extra bread and milk with those odds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Really depressed about this being a non event for my area. Still time to change but needs to be now, and a big one starting with 12z NAE

Posted

NAE 12z just calculating. This is +42hrs only now!!! BELIEVE.

13011806_1606.gif

What am I misunderstanding here- that chart is in mm's - so 20 perhaps 30mm of snow? or is that the rain equivalent and the snow would be a different depth altogether?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Ah, I'm gutted. Living between Llanelli and Carmarthen and it's as if we're on the border of the snow/sleet... So even if it starts as snow it'll probably turn to sleet/rain not long after! Gutted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

What am I misunderstanding here- that chart is in mm's - so 20 perhaps 30mm of snow? or is that the rain equivalent and the snow would be a different depth altogether?

From what i have read from other posts and replys I belive that its mm in rain on the charts. so snowfall totals are different. If im wrong in this post then im sorry in advance and im sure others will correct me

Posted

1 mm of rain = 1 cm of snow.

So that 20, perhaps 30 mm of rain would equal out at 20-30 cm of snow.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I don't know whether to be excited or not, its marginal for me and need a westward shift to be in with a mostly/all snow event - are we likely to see much of a westward shift when its so close though?

Posted

Don't think that'll be the case. Cardiff is in the amber warning

I agree with Jackfrost to be honest - myself further east of pontypridd has seen no snow at all. A470 upper boat tesco.

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

I don't know whether to be excited or not, its marginal for me and need a westward shift to be in with a mostly/all snow event - are we likely to see much of a westward shift when its so close though?

Latest projections show a westward progression so you *might* be in luck.....

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Few flurries of light sleet and snow possible in western wales tonight, not expecting much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Latest projections show a westward progression so you *might* be in luck.....

JK

Hopefully this improves my chances too then, good news.. Still, to be fair all we can do at this stage is wait as I am sure there's more twists and turns yet! This is the part of the snow I hate! The uncertainty! We all just want some snow :D