Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 06z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Does seem to be shifting west though AWD - another 24hrs worth of models to come yet as well.

Yup, which is what we all asked for a couple of days ago! lol. Still good for much of the W/Country though.

Now we are entering T24, hopefully the shifts will be negligible now. We hope. :p

Bear in mind, this is up to 18:00 Friday too,ought be another cm of two after that still.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

A lot of discussion about it stalling can anybody shine any light on this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

By Friday 18:00hrs;

post-12721-0-27409800-1358372166_thumb.j

Using the formula 1mm = 1cm snowfall, I'd say 5cm-10cm widely is about right at this stage, locally more in sweet spots.

Met Office seem to be downgrading ppn in this area by the hour, seems well reflected in this chart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Cant describe how shocked i am at how west this NAE run is. Comparison between 12z and 18z for tomorrow (not friday) Huge shift west of precip

post-16336-0-00997300-1358372657_thumb.g

post-16336-0-41280800-1358372666_thumb.g

post-16336-0-53869800-1358372887_thumb.g

post-16336-0-93000100-1358372899_thumb.g

Edited by bradythemole

Posted

thinking my location will just be getting rain sad.png gutted ... have fun in the snow

It's very frustrating isn't it caz, so near yet so far. I've got my fingers crossed that there will be more events later on and we get to join in the fun.

Posted

Would appear on the 18z GFS front does not get as far east and far south west stays colder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Front stalls over our region for a long time - 12 hours+ Also Devon has snow here all the time! At this rate, cornwall will join the fun too...

gfs-2-42.png?18

gfs-2-54.png?18

Edited by Beasterly

Posted

Yup, which is what we all asked for a couple of days ago! lol. Still good for much of the W/Country though.

Now we are entering T24, hopefully the shifts will be negligible now. We hope. :p

Bear in mind, this is up to 18:00 Friday too,ought be another cm of two after that still.

Yes i understand, but we have another 24+ hours to go and any further westward movement and we'll lose the snow, bar far south west and wales.

Gavin in Mad disc thread just posted 18z precip charts for Friday, Devon now coming more into play. Eastern edge of snow to about Swindon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I'm off to the land of nod, need my sleep to get me through the sleepless night tomorrow night!

Night night all. Sweet dreams of snow!

Posted

Front stalls over our region for a long time - 12 hours+ Also Devon has snow here all the time! At this rate, cornwall will join the fun too...

gfs-2-42.png?18

gfs-2-54.png?18

Thats better!

But NAE still a 'concern' in my book.

Posted

much better for E Dorset and Hants - with alot more precip from 18:00 hrs onwards and dew points and uppers nowhere near marginal with sse wind direction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yes i understand, but we have another 24+ hours to go and any further westward movement and we'll lose the snow, bar far south west and wales.

Gavin in Mad disc thread just posted 18z precip charts for Friday, Devon now coming more into play. Eastern edge of snow to about Swindon.

Your going to Dartmouth on Friday so you got the best of both worlds here. Could be interesting down there for you.

Yeah, we don't want any further corrections westwards now. Taking this run at face value, it is fine. Lets hope come tomorrow, there have been no further corrections west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Better for us lot that we do see a slight westward shift like the 18z!!! Lets just hop it doesn't shift to far west, lol.

Posted

Your going to Dartmouth on Friday so you got the best of both worlds here. Could be interesting down there for you.

Yeah, we don't want any further corrections westwards now. Taking this run at face value, it is fine. Lets hope come tomorrow, there have been no further corrections west.

Hey us cornwall lot need some snow :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

If that front stalls...lots of prolonged snow for us :-)

Edited by iowpompeylee