Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 06z ----->

A.J

Posted

On the other hand, I think people popping in for a quick update could well benefit from pondering the implications of a seriously disruptive event and making their own plans.

V. true. I checked NW whilst shopping and stocked up on Merlot, whisky, bread and milk. Tis a valuable service you have here. biggrin.png

Mullender, you bought the prize yet for the snowman comp? If not you had better get to it before your snowed in up your hill. tease.gif

Is the radar showing some snow coming up for some of us? Obviously this evening, not Friday incase anyone is confused.

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

feeling a bit sad Net weather doesnt even give me sleet just rain, like we havent seen enough of thatcray.gif . Going to have to read about it from all you lucky ones instead. Enjoy when it arrives.

Quite warm outside this evening compared to last night -2.1c whistling.gif

I was thinking that too. Only -1.9C here, when this time last night was verging on -4C. I'm guessing we can blame the cloud cover. If this clears, I don't think I'm going to want to go outside tomorrow morning! cold.gif

Posted

Funny, it was -5C in Poole?

-5c here in oakdale too, and only scraped 2c mid afternoon, was 0c nearly all day. And the wind wont be coming from the SSW it will be coming in from the SSE/SE keeping us locked in the cold air and low dewpoints. dewpoints offshore at 1c at the highest for the whole period and 0 to-1 along the coastal areas. 850s supporting -4 from poole eastwards and retracting westwards again as the low undercuts. personally i can see an all snow event. temps predcted to be maxing out at 1c with SSE winds and -1c dewpoint, can only see this being snow, this side of weymouth anyway. This isnt a normal breakdown scenario where the winds are coming in from the SW therefore bringing in warmer dewpoints. The GFS, UKMO, NAE and fax charts support this, and that the winds will never stray from the SSE then coming back from the east later fri/into sunday. BBC forecasts/south today and points west show this support. POSSIBLY briefly turning to sleet along the mmediate coast for a small time later in the afternoon, but then turning back to snow again shortly after sunset as the winds start undercutting as the low slips SE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

On the other hand, I think people popping in for a quick update could well benefit from pondering the implications of a seriously disruptive event and making their own plans.

And how does talk of horse hair, burgers etc, help exactly.

Anyway, as I said, let's MOVE ON. f040.gif

feeling a bit sad Net weather doesnt even give me sleet just rain, like we havent seen enough of thatcray.gif . Going to have to read about it from all you lucky ones instead. Enjoy when it arrives.

And you too are clairvoyant?

EDIT: NOTE HUGE DOE OF SARCASM RIGHT THERE. help.gif

The event is now pretty much within the range of t+28 and t+48 BUT we aren't there yet.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Sorry but it's now time for the famous "will it snow in Cardiff" quote as it's relevant to the next few dayssmiliz39.gif So has everyone got their sledges ready? mines been ready since December 2010.

Its going to snow within a 5 mile radious of cardiff rain in cardiff im afraid acute.gif

Edited by tomjwlx

Posted

thats the key west... it was gone by 12 here

Well, I didn't have it for long... Well, around 8 hours or so, so far... But that's nothing compared to further east!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Its going to snow within a 5 mile radious of cardiff rain in cardiff im afraid acute.gif

I agree, I dont think Cardiff was on any maps for snow ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The event is now pretty much within the range of t+28 and t+48 BUT we aren't there yet.

Why can I not send you any private messages? It won't let me send one? friends.gifacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Ian must be VERY busy at the mo. either that or he knows its best to steer clear of here at the moment! Ha ha 😆

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Some reports of snow coming from Wales, does it look as though its fizzling out?

Yes it does appear to be fizzling out............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just to reiterate what GTLTW has posted, this thread is full of very friendly folk and lots of good banter, but, yep, there's always a 'but', this is a fast moving thread especially now and over the next few days, so please keep it on topic. Whilst it might take members a couple of minutes to post about horse hair, burgers, how much cider they can put away etc etc, it only takes me a split second to remove said post, so please think before posting and help the hosting team in the smooth running of this thread....cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

For the first time ever I may well go to Sainsburys tomorrow (Tesco is a little to Horse for me!) and stock up on some essentials. Still time for change but Friday and the weekend currently look disruptive and EPIC.

Posted

Your not the only one says rain for my area too cray.gif

Posted

Evening.

Temperature has been -1.8 for about 2 hours in Winchester. Seems to be a bit breezier and cloudier than last night when we reached -7.3 according to http://www.winchesterweather.org.uk/

Good luck with the snow, Devon and Cornwall - once Burgh Island and St Michael's Mount are covered, the rest of you should be alright!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear Skies

It is fun to watch the meto website for my area on friday. This time last night I had the heavy snow icon at 1500, 1800, 2100, but now I only have one heavy snow at 1200.... however, I now have some light snow in the early hours of saturday. This flip-flopping about only serves to underline how inherently unpredictable these events are.

Only light snow forecast for cheltenham but in the amber warning ??? Confusd.com

How long are you down for snow? Even though It's light, some people are forecast 36 hours of snow, and I think that may cause some big accumulations too.

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted

Well Im on net weather regional forum so I looked up my forecasted weather on the net weather forcast, so the net weather local forecast isnt worth looking at then? I dont understand the need for sarcasm. Its not much better for my area on met area forecast either, Im on the coast. (sorry Im new I didnt highlight the right bit) the sarcasm was at me because I said net weather had me down for rain.

Edited by sherrie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Only light snow forecast for cheltenham but in the amber warning ??? Confusd.com

I'd just take notice of he amber warning :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Please everyone, don't take the meto forecasts too seriously. They will change with every model run. We won't know the exact amounts/ times its going to snow until its knocking on our door tomorrow night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Been out 'skipping' all afternoon, anyone available to give me a quick heads up for Dorset?