Hot?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Errrr

Come weather front you can do it!!!

Gives us some snow NOW then we get more TOMORROW!!

WIN WIN!!

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Looking a little further ahead to Sunday afternoon, the GFS has had this area of snow moving up across the region on its last three runs now!

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20130117/12/78/prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

ok am confused. Just come on here expecting to hear about tomorrows snow and am under a huge pink blob. Is this what was forecast for tomorrow??? No snow here just yet, or at least not when I came in but surely that pink blob is delivering? Funny though as nw and meto 5 days are showing no snow tonight just tomorrow. Sorry for being thick over it, but totally confused now. Can someone please give me a brief update??

Thanks in advance :)

Posted

T'was snowing gently in central aylesbury when I left at about 5. Almost made the place look ok, but it was dark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Snowing steadily in Milton Keynes now!

I'm lamppost watching now....this is more like it clap.gif

Posted

ok am confused. Just come on here expecting to hear about tomorrows snow and am under a huge pink blob. Is this what was forecast for tomorrow??? No snow here just yet, or at least not when I came in but surely that pink blob is delivering? Funny though as nw and meto 5 days are showing no snow tonight just tomorrow. Sorry for being thick over it, but totally confused now. Can someone please give me a brief update??

Thanks in advance smile.png

That is a bonus blob in addition to the expected tomorrow.

Posted

Not sowing here as yet. There are clouds, but I can still see the moon and Jupiter through them. Had a couple of flakes fall this afternoon at work (Dunstable).acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Well this is a tad frustrating....the blob is giving snow to the next village a mile up the road.....

Wind has turned from the South East now,....it's moving north west!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, the SE breeze seems to be gaining in strength and, even though the light snow has all-but stopped, our blob will move inland...I hope!

Posted

Dear Mike,

I'll see what I can do.

No promises mind...

Regards

The Weather

Trust 'The Weather' to be male. They can't get anything right! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Looks like the unexpected snow to the west of our region is stalling and not gonna make it much further east. sad.png Enjoy it if you have some!

Your not missing anything, I have a mass over me on the radar but only have about 1 flake every 2 mins

Posted

I suppose the difference in this thread is that we're kind of all in it together.

Nothing more frustrating than reading in the model thread of someone throwing their toys out of the pram because there's no snow coming to their lovely area on the Cornish coast. When someone up the road gets angry because they've got rain we could all be in that situation. Besides, we're quite lucky round here. Fair chance of summer storms, hot afternoons and snow in the winter. I love East Anglia, just wish that early summer coastal breeze could shove off sometimes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

That is a bonus blob in addition to the expected tomorrow.

Great summary and many thanks :0 Actually now its showing blob not quite reached us yet :/ It was then wasn't then was then wasn't. I gather the radars are struggling?

Posted

Bleeding heck, those blobs seem to be playing pinball in the North Sea, off one coast, down to france, one's now rebounding up towards Harwich.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thanks in advance smile.png

The latest radar image shows the rain approaching from the south west that will bring the snow overnight and tomorrow.....

post-10773-0-94646300-1358446828_thumb.p

the red dots are where snow is being reported now, which is just an added bonus to the main event !

Posted

Your not missing anything, I have a mass over me on the radar but only have about 1 flake every 2 mins

Bideford Green snowshield?

The latest radar image shows the rain approaching from the south west that will bring the snow overnight and tomorrow.....

post-10773-0-94646300-1358446828_thumb.p

the red dots are where snow is being reported now, which is just an added bonus to the main event !

Doesnt look like it's in a hurry to move away does it?

Posted

Quiet fasinating watching the Sat at the moment as you can clearly see movement from the E and W. This is why currently the area of snow is moving very little across central England.

The models continue to suggest a light band of snow could move into E areas overnight before spreading W merging with the band across the Midlands.

Fax charts are promising.

fax48s.gif?17-12

Going to take much of Saturday before the snow dies away as you can see by the stalling, weakening front.

More snow potentially on Sunday via the trough.

fax72s.gif?17-12

Posted

Great summary and many thanks :0 Actually now its showing blob not quite reached us yet :/ It was then wasn't then was then wasn't. I gather the radars are struggling?

It has been stalled for a while and now seems to be moving away again. By the sounds of it there is not much precipitation coming from it anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

it seems to be dropping south,i dont know if it will come over to us in the east?its forcast but just looking at radar i cant see it?

what does everyone else think if it slips south it wont make it across,is it the cold air forcing it south?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

The blob is here!! And it's heavier than the radar shows! Giving a fresh covering :D HAPPPYYYYYYY!!!