Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Exactly, I'm sick and tired of spreading bits of polystyrene all over the front garden.

Someone locally actually did that over Christmas on their front lawn. To go with the flashing plastic Santa and his reindeer. Classy.

But back to business… 8-)

post-8078-0-01946600-1358437518_thumb.gi

The precipitation over Aylesbury isn't giving any snow by the way, presumably it's because the cold continental air is so dry that it's not making it to the ground. I'd avoid getting too excited over the precipitation over our area + out to the west for now, it'll give a dusting at best, but most likely nothing.

Tomorrow is when the real fun starts, with an upgrade in precipitation from both the latest NAE & GFS for our area... 10cm+ now possible for a wide chunk of our region IMO.

Edited by mituozo

Posted

I think the boat is sailing on the Blob for Essex. It seems to be splitting with the Southern bit heading towards France and the mother blob shifting NW towards Norfolk.

So close, those clouds in the distance have been visible for hours now.

Posted

OMG here we go again, just when you thought things couldn't upgrade!!!!!

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

WHITEOUT!!!!

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Bring it on you beauty!!

Coast I don't think it looks quite so good as the 06z when you zoom in to GFS 0.5 view of France, Southern UK.

Posted

Coast I don't think it looks quite so good as the 06z when you zoom in to GFS 0.5 view of France, Southern UK.

cc_confused.gif I think it looks a whole heap better - certainly more of it and darker pink!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Was at Southwold taking my mum out for lunch on the pier. Lot of cloud along coast with gentle snow falling. Excellent cod and chips.

In the summer, you ought to take her to Dunwich a bit further south of Southwold. They have fish and chips to die for after a swim — it's right on the beach and I think Egon Ronay gave it a star for excellence.

Posted

Exactly, I'm sick and tired of spreading bits of polystyrene all over the front garden.

do you mean really snowing? here its grey, and "trying to snow", a few flakes blow about, it stops, it starts again, suppose its good its in the air though.I thought it was much too warm earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

Snow getting heavier here and more keeps on poping up on the radar!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Smear appears to be stalling at Peterborough. Is the A1 the brick wall?

Posted

In the summer, you ought to take her to Dunwich a bit further south of Southwold. They have fish and chips to die for after a swim — it's right on the beach and I think Egon Ronay gave it a star for excellence.

best fish and chips i ever had was at a Pub slap in the midde of Kessingland, whose name escapes me, think it was called King or Queen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

How weird, still nothing here in Aylesbury.

I do seem to be under a darker patch on the radar, It does look like it's heading your way though

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

the Blob, or is it wife,son or 2nd cousin thrice removed of Blob.....seems to be being blown eastwards now,could it be that it may just......deliver something???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

the blob just seem's to be sitting there, gaining intensity....just not moving lol

Posted

Hope that smear does not stall at Peterborough . . . will be working Friday, Sat n Sunday night and would enjoy a little snow of fun before the dreaded drive at the weekend

Posted

She lives at Southwold and we have been to the the fish and chip place many times. Remember when it was just a little shack. Well worth a visit. Can be very busy during the summer months. At 97 I think my Mother's swimming days are over. Fortunately she still lives by herself and charges round Southwold on her mobility scooter. You have been warned!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

the Blob, or is it wife,son or 2nd cousin thrice removed of Blob.....seems to be being blown eastwards now,could it be that it may just......deliver something???

I'm very-much hoping for it to be blown westwards, SS...We've been having some very light snow, for the past half-hour or so...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Blobby is reaching its arms out inland. Aww, he wants to come in. :) Clouds building here from the east.

Posted

I know were all concentrating on friday/sat's snow band and how far east it may get but the convection opportunities are looking excellent for this region for later in the weekend and beyond. Looking like there could be some real beefy showers about spreading well inland at times too. We have all see in recent days especialy those in north norfolk what a snow making machine the north sea can be.