Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

I know were all concentrating on friday/sat's snow band and how far east it may get but the convection opportunities are looking excellent for this region for later in the weekend and beyond. Looking like there could be some real beefy showers about spreading well inland at times too. We have all see in recent days especialy those in north norfolk what a snow making machine the north sea can be.

exactly, i just ran the radar over 2 hours and the "blob" just gets stronger and stronger as it gathers up moisture :) next week looking very good indeed, AND that's after this weekends events :)

Posted

Currenly snowing in Milton Keynes... Its due to a convergance zone between east and west winds. Its expanding and edging slowly east.. this was picked up perfectly by NAE 48hrs ago. A suprise bonus tonight before the main action tommorow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

What on earth is going on with the radar this afternoon, Is that actual snow or just anaprop? Trying to hold back the excitement for tomorrow!

Posted

Update from Felixstowe:

Had mod/heavy snow for 45 mins giving slight coverings but nothing on the roads!!

Went to pick my daughter up from school 4 miles inland (Bucklesham) and only very light.

Seems as if the blob is breaking up/heading North-West so will be time to look West shortly I imagine then back to the "East" Sunday onwards??

Posted

So when do we go from 'more than enough' to 'oh far too much' ??!!!!!!!! :lol:

Rukm483.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

What on earth is going on with the radar this afternoon, Is that actual snow or just anaprop? Trying to hold back the excitement for tomorrow!

Real snow

Posted

So when do we go from 'more than enough' to 'oh far too much' ??!!!!!!!! laugh.png

Rukm483.gif

Can you have too much??

Posted

Can you have too much??

Can it start too early??!!!!

post-6667-0-21381300-1358441062_thumb.jp

It appears not!!

Posted

Currenly snowing in Milton Keynes... Its due to a convergance zone between east and west winds. Its expanding and edging slowly east.. this was picked up perfectly by NAE 48hrs ago. A suprise bonus tonight before the main action tommorow!

That band, it does seem to be getting bigger and heading East? Do we think it will fizzle out or make it further over our region? I note that it is howing on the raintoday radar but not on the MO FORECAST radar. Although it is showing on the MO Rainfall radar. Unexpected bonus for some?

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

Lol, course i hope.its going eastward too! Git so excited that the winds shifted to east.

Am on phone so only just seen your response RP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Whilst many are looking west, the blob in the north sea has called the met into action

Issued at - 17 Jan 2013, 16:11

Valid from - 17 Jan 2013, 18:00

Valid to - 17 Jan 2013, 23:55

Snow showers will move slowly westwards from the North Sea into eastern parts of Norfolk and Suffolk through this evening, giving local accumulations of 5 cm of fresh snow.

The public are advised of the continuing risk of some disruption to travel.

Posted

snow flakes in linslade, leighton buzzard ,few falling but they are there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Snowing here in Ipswich :)

Can't see anything yet. Time to twitch those curtains. :)

Posted

That band, it does seem to be getting bigger and heading East? Do we think it will fizzle out or make it further over our region? I note that it is howing on the raintoday radar but not on the MO FORECAST radar. Although it is showing on the MO Rainfall radar. Unexpected bonus for some?

I'm near Watford and nothing is falling at the moment, must be this Anaprop thing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

The "best" part for snow is South Wales. Although perhaps people will be wishing it wasn't the best, when they get 30+ cm of snow tomorrow and blizzard conditions. Lots of people are going to be left stranded in cars, and temperatures at night going into the weekend & next week with lying snow could approach -15 -> -20 the way things are forecasted, especially in the higher areas.

For much of our area/region, the further south and west you are in it, the better. Most favoured I'd say are south bucks & south/west herts. Think High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross, etc... I'd expect Berkshire to do very well indeed, but not covered by this thread.

For me in Aylesbury, I'm expecting somewhere in the region of 4-10cm given the current charts by the end of Saturday, what actually happens will be mostly down to how fast the front moves across the country. For us, we want it to move slightly faster than progged.

well im hoping thats me in st.albans im south and slighty west herts

Posted

I need to calm myself down before I drive home from work, starting to feel giddy all this anticipation!

Posted

On Met Office iPhone App, it shows you the "predictive" track of the PPN, the PPN to east is shown and for next few hours the "predictive" thing doesn't really move it. Then interestingly at 3am it "predicts" quite a bit of light PPN for EA. Anyone see this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

It isn't anaprop, the reason noone is getting snowflakes because the precipitation is too light to penetrate the dry air aloft. Eventually it will though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Whilst many are looking west, the blob in the north sea has called the met into action

Issued at - 17 Jan 2013, 16:11

Valid from - 17 Jan 2013, 18:00

Valid to - 17 Jan 2013, 23:55

Snow showers will move slowly westwards from the North Sea into eastern parts of Norfolk and Suffolk through this evening, giving local accumulations of 5 cm of fresh snow.

The public are advised of the continuing risk of some disruption to travel.

according to radar it drops south with out coming in anymore?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

On Met Office iPhone App, it shows you the "predictive" track of the PPN, the PPN to east is shown and for next few hours the "predictive" thing doesn't really move it. Then interestingly at 3am it "predicts" quite a bit of light PPN for EA. Anyone see this?

my radar drops it south,before it moves in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's been snowing here lightly for ages, flakes are getting bigger and more of them now !