Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Looks like Ipswich and Colchester will be getting some snow, that blob in the North Sea is expanding.

Anyone in here on the Suffolk coast able to confirm that precipitation is hitting the ground?

Posted

So looking at that PPN chart it's showing Norfolk with 1 to 4mm. If 1mm = 1cm of snow that's not bad when it falls on top of exising snow we have.

Any thoughts from people for Monday/Tuesday snow for Norfolk?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Good Morning,

-0.4 °C

Clear

Humidity: 92%

Wind: Calm

Dew Point: -2 °C

Pressure: 1018 hPa

The above latest recordings are slightly out of date as it clouded over a few minutes ago after a lovely sunny start.

Posted

Or just sanctuary's

Wait for the snow to start falling, see where it's looking heaviest, get the snow chains put on the NetWeather executive 50 seater coaches (each seat presumably has a TV screen in the back of the head restraint, showing the latest radar, inter-dispersed with the BBC News 24 forecast every half an hour) round everyone up and get them to the member with the heaviest snow as soon as possible.

So, come on then, who's the secret millionaire amongst us all?

SK

P.S. Hammer - I work up at the Rivers in High Wych, I might be stopping over at your place if I can't make it home tomorrow evening!!

are you guys expecting snow in high wycombe then

Posted

I think anywhere in the SE away from the Channel coast will see some snow but it really will be a nowcast situation. For example, Essex was supposed to be dry for most of today, there's currently a huge snow shower heading for it.

Posted

Just thought I should clarify something RE: rain:snow ratio

Roughly, at 0c, 1mm rain = 1cm of snow.

HOWEVER

The drier the snow is (i.e. the further below 0c the temperature and dew point is) the better that ratio.

Therefore, with temperatures expected to be sub zero as the snow moves in tomorrow, we can possibly expect ratio's of nearer 1mm to 1.5cm.

This is partially why snow is deeper the higher up you go (though its also added to by orographic lift)

SK

Posted

This may cheer a few up although I don't necessarily agree. This is from Coast in the London/SE thread.....

Well it just keeps throwing that snow at us!

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

are you guys expecting snow in high wycombe then

You normally do the best round that neck of the woods, plus further west tomo looks the best bet for our region

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think anywhere in the SE away from the Channel coast will see some snow but it really will be a nowcast situation. For example, Essex was supposed to be dry for most of today, there's currently a huge snow shower heading for it.

I hope you're right, but that shower just seems to be lurking off the coast to me.

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

I think there are some heretics standing with hairdryers all along the essex coast,helping the wind direction....the blob kisses or misses on the radar projection I am looking at.

Edited by starstream

Posted

i just got in and read this, really, you know when i can see somthing on the radar in the north sea :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Definitely signs of a westward blob-movement...Come on you Blobs!

Posted

The Blob (as I think it's now officially known) is currently heading for Ipswich and Colchester. It's all a matter of whether it fades to nothing once it's no longer picking up moisture over the North Sea. It certainly looks strong enough to make it at least 10 miles across land. I hope it survives long enough for the rest of you in the firing line.

Posted

I hope you're right, but that shower just seems to be lurking off the coast to me.

wont come inland, as they never do bhaaa, need more easterly winds for any chance of that happening!

Posted

Interestingly the Met Office forecast on the Met Office Home page as of midnight last night says that the snow will push all the way across to East Anglia although it may take its time and that it will be heavy at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

The 'Blob' is just clipping the coast right now. Will it come inland though??? Watch this space. And later, there'll be........"Son of Blob" :D

Posted

The 'Blob' is just clipping the coast right now. Will it come inland though??? Watch this space. And later, there'll be........"Son of Blob" biggrin.png

First of all, we need 'Bride Of Blob'??

Posted

Interestingly the Met Office forecast on the Met Office Home page as of midnight last night says that the snow will push all the way across to East Anglia although it may take its time and that it will be heavy at times.

How many times have the met got it wrong leading upto 24 hrs before the event when coming across from the Atlantic. Cast your mind back to 2010 we were issued amber warning 100% within 24 hrs , only to be down graded less then 6 hrs before it was meant to hit us. We got nothing not even a flake. Best way to look at this is to think its very unlikely that way you won't feel to disappoint.

Posted

BLOBS very ANGRY MUM. :D

Posted
:D

post-17085-0-87883200-1358425203_thumb.j

Posted

All we need is a east wind and, hey presto: THE NIGHT OF THE DEMON BLOB!