Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Things have got very interesting tonight! Like TEITS I'm not surprised at this downgrade this evening, and will wait to see what actually happens in our region on Friday. As a point of interest, the heaviest one event snowfall that I have seen here in St Ives occured last Feb 1st - we had a good 15cm of snow in one evening, and that came from the North West!!

Posted

05:30 and it's -8 here.

Be interesting to see some of the numbers posted from around the area later..

Edited by benblack

Posted

Forecast Model thread have indicated a slight change again. This is an upgrade for our area. All aboard the daily rollercoaster................

Now the snow may push alittle further East towards us. Im sure by the time I get back home it wouldve changed few times....enjoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Regions affected by Amber warning:

East Midlands, North West England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands, Yorkshire & Humber

http://www.metoffice...0&regionName=uk

Morning All

If thats the case MK I think we should call ourselves East Midlanders for the weekend good.gif

-4.7 here in Linslade with cloud cover, not bad.

Edited by shotski

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

The BBC have now changed their forecast to come inline with the over night output.

The band weakens to the west of us and we get the dregs, not happy sorry.gif

Posted

Just seen Carol's forecast and pretty much what I expected, we are not the driest area for nothing and was always going to struggle to get this far over

Posted

Got to say that's a bit of a disappointing downgrade overnight for this area.

Looking ahead, prospects look good long term. If the front had gone straight through, it would wedge open the door for the relentless atlantic fronts.

Posted

Morning all. Currently -6.1c. Just waiting for it to get light, but think it's going to be a day of clear skies.

Baby it's cold outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Got to say that's a bit of a disappointing downgrade overnight for this area.

Looking ahead, prospects look good long term. If the front had gone straight through, it would wedge open the door for the relentless atlantic fronts.

I'll confess to being a bit concerned that the cold block to the east is being weakened by a push of mild air into it north of the UK, and that while it's in a sense too strong for our region in pushing back the weekends front, it then succumbs a bit meekly in midweek without giving us the battleground snow.

In fact this weekend's disappointment (for our region) is more to do with the attack from the West tripping itself up than the power of the Cold block

Hoping for better things from the GFS later but concerned that, instead, the other models will start moving towards it's breakdown

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Methuselah, January 17, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Methuselah, January 17, 2013 - No reason given

Timmy, even in the model forums all I hear come out of your mouth is windup dribble. You always have something to say to go against the cold. Getting tiresome.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

OK, i'm confused now....BBC breakfast weather just said the snow will reach all areas and we are still under an amber weather warning...Model forum all doom and gloom saying it wont even reach east midlands and has gone North West etc [which it has by look of things]......confused.com

Posted

Does anyone want to try and get to Eastbourne this weekend, GFS says it will still be snowing all the way through to Sunday!!!!

prectypeuktopo.png

OK, i'm confused now....BBC breakfast weather just said the snow will reach all areas and we are still under an amber weather warning...Model forum all doom and gloom saying it wont even reach east midlands and has gone North West etc [which it has by look of things]......confused.com

What do you reckon? :winky:

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

The snow will reach us just not much

Posted

Does anyone want to try and get to Eastbourne this weekend, GFS says it will still be snowing all the way through to Sunday!!!!

prectypeuktopo.png

What do you reckon? wink.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Hi Coast, should we take any notice of those precipitation charts? i'd happily bank that, but read so many posts in model forum saying they should be ignored?? then other people taking the NAE precipitation as gospel??

Posted

Ok so in summary, some posters say hardly no snow, others that overnight model runs a little upgrade for our region & should be some continuous snow albeit light for over 12 hours.

Great to see this clarity :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Thought this was a forum where people can people can express their views

Of course it is, Pipsta. But personal attacks are not necessary when doing that...They also have the tendency to clog what is already a rather busy thread??

Just agree to disagree??good.gif

Posted

yes very confusing for me as a newbie, as i'm not yet fully able to understand the models and confidently draw my own conclusions, even Look East was saying snow for Friday and Sunday with +cm possible both days nea.gif

Posted

06z nae is big this morning. From my recollection of 2009/10, placement of features doesnt shift around much within 24 hrs of the onset. We may have passed this point already but the 06z will either cement the areas of snowfall for tomorrow or throw up a bit of a surprise. (Like the 00z runs have done wrt to n ireland).

currently looks like a 2 to 6 cms for the region.

The bad news this morning is next tues/wed with the occlusion getting right into the midlands and a sw flow for us. returning south thereafter but the worst run we've seen for a while. i would discount it but ukmo/ecm/gem all in agreement

Posted

06z nae is big this morning. From my recollection of 2009/10, placement of features doesnt shift around much within 24 hrs of the onset. We may have passed this point already but the 06z will either cement the areas of snowfall for tomorrow or throw up a bit of a surprise. (Like the 00z runs have done wrt to n ireland).

currently looks like a 2 to 6 cms for the region.

The bad news this morning is next tues/wed with the occlusion getting right into the midlands and a sw flow for us. returning south thereafter but the worst run we've seen for a while. i would discount it but ukmo/ecm/gem all in agreement

do you think the block will re-assert itself? how do you see this panning out mid term BA?