Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

METO predictive thing on iPhone has that ppn to East really pep up for a bit soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The Shotley Peninsula seems to be under a pretty intense patch...anyone nearby confirm if there's much snow about there?

Posted

Tiny flakes blowing in the wind here. Worse than nothing in some ways. Another mile East and we'd be having proper snow. That said, another mile East and I'll be a mile further away from the pub.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Tiny flakes blowing in the wind here. Worse than nothing in some ways. Another mile East and we'd be having proper snow. That said, another mile East and I'll be a mile further away from the pub.

Much on the roads? Will be in Wivenhoe early tomorrow morning....working at the Uni.

Looks as if snow could continue for places that are seeing it now for much of the night. If the winds blow a little more onshore we may see it coming further inland. Think we may have seen the end of the intensification though.

This snow is however holding the temps up a bit, saying that, it's -1.2C here and dropping slowly.

Edit: Bit IMBYish actually, intensification is continuing just south or Norwich. Norwich seems to have a snow shield in place tonight.....they have had enough mind you. Just to the south or Norwich mind you seems to be getting a dumping now. just north on Bungay should see the totals shoot up over the next hour or two.

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted

Good luck to Places on the EA coast & further south - they must be getting hammered now- A good couple of hours at least to come as the PPn band is moving at snails pace

S

Steve METO thing on iPhone suggests it might even pep up in southern part of band.

post-2496-0-26718300-1358466906_thumb.jp

Edited by Hammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It seems, according to the Mail that the countries road and rail systems about to be crippled, schools are going to close, and all the shelves in the supermarkets have already been stripped with people panic buying.

Posted

Much on the roads? Will be in Wivenhoe early tomorrow morning....working at the Uni.

Looks as if snow could continue for places that are seeing it now for much of the night. If the winds blow a little more onshore we may see it coming further inland. Think we may have seen the end of the intensification though.

This snow is however holding the temps up a bit, saying that, it's -1.2C here and dropping slowly.

Edit: Bit IMBYish actually, intensification is continuing just south or Norwich. Norwich seems to have a snow shield in place tonight.....they have had enough mind you. Just to the south or Norwich mind you seems to be getting a dumping now. just north on Bungay should see the totals shoot up over the next hour or two.

You should be fine here. There's snow on the fields and verges but the roads are dry. Can't see us having any more snow until tomorrow afternoon.

Posted

Good luck to Places on the EA coast & further south - they must be getting hammered now- A good couple of hours at least to come as the PPn band is moving at snails pace

S

I can remember the bad days in the mid-2000s when people like you and me had to drive to Norfolk just to catch a glimpse of some snowfall! Seems a far cry away now...

Posted

Does any of the other Ipswich folk out there know roughly what time 'blob' started working this way?

I nodded off and woke up around 11pm to see it snowing with all areas that had become bare from melt etc white again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Does any of the other Ipswich folk out there know roughly what time 'blob' started working this way?

I nodded off and woke up around 11pm to see it snowing with all areas that had become bare from melt etc white again.

Going by the radar, was into the south of Ipswich around 10.15pm, and continued to cover the whole of Ipswich by 10.40pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

just want the winds to pick up a bit and send the blob about 50 miles west before continuing north west...then I will be happy, although there is a little bit of fine snow falling at the minute :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

It finally started about 10.30 here I think, only a few grains before that.

Posted

Unbelievable that "the blob" was born about 8am and is still going now! Shame a lot of it was wasted out to sea during the majority of the day.

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

3+cm already and not even nearly through this band of precipitation yet! Really coming down a treat - Just did a little night walk in th snow leaving footprints........aaaaaah bliss.

After being rained off here on the coast earlier in the week, this is lovely to see!

Hope everyone gets a taste this weekend. I am sure everyone on this thread will get some.

Posted

It was about 21.45 when it finally built in to Clacton and Colchester beneath us and headed straight for us, it started here just after 22.00.

Have always been just on the edge on this side so nothing too intense but it started covering everything as soon as it started falling.

How much do you have on that side? It looks to be a lot better than over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well I'm off to bed...I think Colchester has had its lot for the night...! The heavy part of the southern bit of the blob was heading right towards us and then veered off course...gutted.

Night all.

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Always a teeny bit annoying when this happens. Snow to my west, snow to my east. But i'm slap bang in the middle! oh well, hopefully might get lucky tomorrow :)

Posted

Interesting warning from Metcheck.....

"Developing convection in the North Sea is likely to turn into a small scale Polar Low and develop circulation across East Anglia later this evening. The potential for another 5-10cm is likely for a time across Suffolk and Norfolk overnight."

Interesting!........

Posted

The Shotley Peninsula seems to be under a pretty intense patch...anyone nearby confirm if there's much snow about there?

Can confirm about an inch in Felixstowe and coming down nicely.

It looks as though the heaviest is about to push through, nice surprise!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

how are you today after your ,incident?we both victims this week:(

I'm ok back very sore tho how are you ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

THUNDERSNOW!!!! It's glorious!

AGAIN!!! You lucky things. :o

It's really coming down here now and it's as bright as day here. It's lovely. Just been out for a ciggie and had the satisfaction of hearing that glorious crunch underfoot. :D

Posted

AGAIN!!! You lucky things. ohmy.png

It's really coming down here now and it's as bright as day here. It's lovely. Just been out for a ciggie and had the satisfaction of hearing that glorious crunch underfoot. biggrin.png

Again? Not had Thundersnow in my area in ages, but tonight is a good'un. Dogs absolutely love it.