Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Any thoughts about what the A140 Ipswich to Norwich road may be like in the AM. I'm supposed to be going back to Norwich. :o

Posted

This front is going to stall over EA it's got a lot of energy so will push our block out into the North Sea and will stop over the top! What we don't want to happen is for it to pass through us as we will be left with a thaw after as the warm air behind sets up shop. Hopefully after the front has emptied it's sack the block will fill its space and the cold (real cold) will re-establish its self and prolong our beloved snoo.

Posted

Snowing steadily now in Manningtree. Looking forward to the train journey to work in colchester tomorrow morning.

Posted

according to the current radar in about 15 mins you are getting quite a heavy snow shower. As for tomorrow,down to radar but every chance i guess.

Heavy snow shower, near Wisbech?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking at the radar, any decent stuff is skirting just north of Colchester. Still very light here.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Not often you see a Thames Estuary/North Sea streamer move Northwards over East Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk areas. smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Reasonable fall of snow now, at Hintlesham near Ipswich. Slight gust of wind threw it against the window, and there is a fresh covering over the previous snow that fell a few days ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!! Or very hot and sunny!!! Nothing in the middle

Any thoughts about what the A140 Ipswich to Norwich road may be like in the AM. I'm supposed to be going back to Norwich. :o

Depends what time am I guess but go be fair there quite good at keeping the A140 clear of snow and there's a lot off traffic at all times might be slow going in places but I think u should b ok

Posted

So snowing in Ipswich now is this the blob or has this come of the sea also is this just a lil or here to stay for a while??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

It's so light and powdery that the radar looks like Norwich shouldn't be getting a thing! But in fact it looks like its being blown by the wind lol. Still getting very very steadily heavier.

Edited by Chris D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Grrrrrr, snow to the west of me, snow to the east, nothing in Braintree

Posted

Justin go on rain today.co.uk to see the path of the precipitation this way you can gauge when you are likely to get some snow and how long for. It's a bit behind present time but helps you track it's course and intensity

Raintoday.co.uk. Auto correct fail!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. Cold Frosty/Snow

Hmm, pretty big downgrade to the NAE in terms of people in the more western parts of the region, with lighter snow now expected. This seems to be reflected in the front being less intense in the southern part on the radar.

What makes you say this? Everyting I've seen today seems to indicate the west of the region could do quite well out of this!

Posted

Justin go on rain today.co.uk to see the path of the precipitation this way you can gauge when you are likely to get some snow and how long for. It's a bit behind present time but helps you track it's course and intensity

Raintoday.co.uk. Auto correct fail!

Will do many thanks

What makes you say this? Everyting I've seen today seems to indicate the west of the region could do quite well out of this!

Just realised it's my bad, the totals haven't dropped.

I was looking at one of the charts wrong. Ignore my previous comment. It's just going to be luck as to whether you get 5cm or 15cm by the looks of things!

Edited by mituozo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Seriously coming down now, heavy with large flakes. Loving it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Braintree snow shield currently at 100%....hopefully it will be breached tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Depends what time am I guess but go be fair there quite good at keeping the A140 clear of snow and there's a lot off traffic at all times might be slow going in places but I think u should b ok

Thanks, Justin. Setting off about 09:30/10:00 am so should be clear. :)

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted

I'm now happy to say this week and hopefully what is to come has topped 2009 and 2010 winters for here in Norwich the amount of snow, cold and it's relentlessness is very rare for us when we normally miss out on the fun like in 2010. My only memory which is yet to be beaten is of 1986/7 as a kid we had a foot. This spell had now cemented itself in my memories