Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 22z ----->

A.J

Posted

tomorrow could be better for all we know if that low got stronger PPN would be higher but could get more marginal, all to play for as it stands, but im really excited because anything could happen tomorrow be rain or snow.

and are SE'erly keeps getting upgarded so we pull in more cold uppers earlier. could change next run tho a wait and see situation.

Edited by tomjwlx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I totally agree with you Divadee, the midlands often does well for snow. West Devon and Cornwall havent seen snow for such a long time, they even missed out last Feb, it would be lovely for them to get a little something. Peeps on the MOD thread are calling it a non-event because 15-20cm is now 5cm. I would love to get 5cm, as im sure many in the forum would. After all its rude to be greedy.

Yep! No snow here at all since December 2010. That's a long wait lol. The south west are truly forgotten when it comes to snow events like this on here. They don't care that they normally get at least a dusting of snow almost every year!

I said on an earlier thread, I don't care if its all gone by Saturday morning. It just would be lovely to have one day of lying snow to play in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I totally agree with you Divadee, the midlands often does well for snow. West Devon and Cornwall havent seen snow for such a long time, they even missed out last Feb, it would be lovely for them to get a little something. Peeps on the MOD thread are calling it a non-event because 15-20cm is now 5cm. I would love to get 5cm, as im sure many in the forum would. After all its rude to be greedy.

20cm is still a good shout for higher ground, I think 10cm for mids , just seen the bbc and it looked good for us guys

Posted

bbc news show snow band stalling allong a line fron n ireland to west country, not pushing so far east now, foe our part of the world it looks like Gloucestershire wiltshire/s glous and east Somerset will be worst hit.

Posted

Watching the bbc forceast at 6.45am I would expect the warning areas to be moved around today, with the focus now being southern england, westcountry, wales, and northern ireland. I expect the amber warning to head south too, covering more of Dorset & Somerset than it currently does.

bbc news show snow band stalling allong a line fron n ireland to west country, not pushing so far east now, foe our part of the world it looks like Gloucestershire wiltshire/s glous and east Somerset will be worst hit.

Beat me!

Edited by SNOWYLAD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Still not likiing the BBC graphics, with a rain/snow mix showing over parts of South Somerset & Devon, then later in the day rain creeping back in, & temps of 5-6c today & 2-3c tomorrow.

Plymouth seem to be constantly stuck on 7c right the way through.

It doesn't seem right to me at all & if it snow right the way through for all bar extreme south of Cornwall, then it's a very mis-leading forcast.

Not long to go now, all the best for everyone, lets hope for a proper South West pasting.

Posted

blimey big upgrade for us coasties in hampshire, BBC and MetOffice have it turning to sleety in the afternoon - casnnot see it - NAE has uppers of -8 and dewpoints below 0 - reckon it should staty as snow - particularly with lying snow and temps dropping off in the afternoon as we approach dusk, don't think I'll be playing hockey satdee lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Sledge's at the ready...i have 3 types,my kids think i'm mad. Nothing beats a good Sledging down a hilly lane!yahoo.gif

Posted

Looking OK for us on the South Coast (still time I guess). Not sure why forecasts are turning the PPN for us to sleet tomorrow when temps including dp and uppers apear low enough for snow? Also SE wind predicted which ought to cool things down. Expert feedback welcome.

Great to see our region at the forfront at last! Lets hope it doesn't change at the last...........

Posted

Im not expecting a red warning today because impact level isn't looking as severe as yesterday, i may be wrong tho.

Posted

Still not likiing the BBC graphics, with a rain/snow mix showing over parts of South Somerset & Devon, then later in the day rain creeping back in, & temps of 5-6c today & 2-3c tomorrow.

Plymouth seem to be constantly stuck on 7c right the way through.

It doesn't seem right to me at all & if it snow right the way through for all bar extreme south of Cornwall, then it's a very mis-leading forcast.

Not long to go now, all the best for everyone, lets hope for a proper South West pasting.

It seems that 7c has been stuck over plymouth for days even yesterday it was not 7c don't think they know what to do with Devon and Cornwall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Very very intermittent light snow here in christchurch. The calm before the storm tomorrow hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Must understand the cold air has not yet reached Cornwall yet so we have to wait for our turn.... Good things will come.anyway we want the snow to settle and stay cold for a number of days or weeks..... Just hope those east winds pick up and high pressure builds .

Happy days and stay safe :-)

Im not expecting a red warning today because impact level isn't looking as severe as yesterday, i may be wrong tho.

I'm not sure - Possibility of 20cms in places, and I'm sure some areas higher up could see 25 or 30cms. Guess It's one to watch and see what happens!

I'm fairly certain, that even if the forecast does change, it won't change so drastically that we will all miss out. Just to think, 24 hours from now we could all be under snow. tease.gif

Posted

I'm not sure - Possibility of 20cms in places, and I'm sure some areas higher up could see 25 or 30cms. Guess It's one to watch and see what happens!

I'm fairly certain, that even if the forecast does change, it won't change so drastically that we will all miss out. Just to think, 24 hours from now we could all be under snow. tease.gif

Yeah as it stands id say far NE of west country looks most favoured.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Me too, yesterday I was worried about the westward trend, but in a way this latest trend has benefited us because its pivoting in a more favourable way for us guys , but the ppn has been downgraded slightly I believe, but I still think 20-30cm for one or two favoured locations

Edited by Severe Siberian icy blast

Posted

Looking good for Gosport tomorrow, morning and early afternoon showing heavy snow on the latest forecasts.

Its been a little warmer here than most areas the last few days, the cold weather has missed us so far.

Thinking I might pop out today and do some early weekend shopping so I can watch the show tomorrow smile.png

Edited by lettice