Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 22z ----->

A.J

Posted

There seems to be a fair bit of precip in wales heading east, is this likely to get to wilts and fall as snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Sorry, but I had to post this from TEITS in the MOD thread;

"Looks like Wales and parts of the SW (Bristol etc) are going to get nailed tomorrow. Very pleased for the members who live in these locations."

IMBY I know, but nice to hear from a very knowledgable member of Netweather. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Snow intensifies around the Severn Vale!!!

13011900_1706.gif

I posted the wrong chart to start, doh, thats the 48 hour one now.

Mmmm, not sure I'm liking that picture, that's getting bum clenchingly close to being rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Simon Keelings latest musing he suggests wetter snow so more depth http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtvsimonnew.php?ID=588

Posted

Heavy snow returns for Friday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13011906_1706.gif

BANK. BANK. BANK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well I actualy had trouble sleeping because of fridays prospects last night! I woke up 3 times in the early hours rofl.gif

I feel like I'm 6 years old waiting for father christmas! smiliz23.gif Still looks good lets hope it is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Sunshine,

Not looking very good for the coast of Hampshire...was hoping for snow but we had little frost here last night and the charts seem to consistently give us rain..:-(

Posted

From Ian;

W COUNTRY Generally cloudier for many today with patchy light snow in places, perhaps small local accumulations. A bit breezier; 0-3C.

W COUNTRY V consistent f'cast modelling for heavy snow arriving up M5 to Bristol circa 3-4am on into morning rush-hr Fri. Expect disruption.

Posted

If that chart for fri night is right, tomorrow looks like precip forecast amy increse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

There seems to be a fair bit of precip in wales heading east, is this likely to get to wilts and fall as snow?

See the first paragraph on the following link.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75596-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-160113-22z/page__st__260#entry2514385

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well I actualy had trouble sleeping because of fridays prospects last night! I woke up 3 times in the early hours rofl.gif

I feel like I'm 6 years old waiting for father christmas! smiliz23.gif Still looks good lets hope it is!

SAME, tonight I just won't be sleeping, simples!

Posted

my only disappointment is the timing could be better (i know its nature and will snow when it likes). many folks will set off to work tomorrow when it wont be too bad and still commutable, i for example need to travel to swindon, it would be nice if it struck a little earlier if its going to be bad as getting home along the m4 could be a nightmare.

Posted

This is the only time snow is guaranteed and I don't want it :((((

I need to travel to Skegness from Stroud tomorrow at 10am for a very important competition that we have been preparing for over a month for.

Posted

What is wrong with the temps down here at the moment currently 5c????

??

5 degrees above what is was in Weymouth and surrounding areas at that time then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Blizzardof82

​Love the profile pic, everytime i see you post, your blakey makes me laugh my head off.

I expect that would be his reaction if he saw how much snow wer`re going to get.Someone posted earlier about heavy snow shot friday night as well now, is that another low on the chart or newly devolping one??

Edited by offerman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

my only disappointment is the timing could be better (i know its nature and will snow when it likes). many folks will set off to work tomorrow when it wont be too bad and still commutable, i for example need to travel to swindon, it would be nice if it struck a little earlier if its going to be bad as getting home along the m4 could be a nightmare.

Well at 6am there is snow on the ground for all, and it will only be getting deeper from this point and with heavy snow falling I think anyone attempting to travel would probably not bother. My mum is supposed to be going down to Bristol tomorrow, I have told her to keep an eye on things but I'll tell her not to go now.

13011806_1706.gif

Posted

Not looking very good for the coast of Hampshire...was hoping for snow but we had little frost here last night and the charts seem to consistently give us rain..:-(

The NAE gives a period of snow turning to rain during the afternoon. The met office give 6hrs of snow for Bournemouth then turning to rain...i wouldn't worry about it yet. Get the precip in and see what happens - we all know what it's like on the coast.

Anybody know if you can get archive charts for the NAE anywhere?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

13011906_1706.gif

Well I wasn't expecting that, thought it was supposed to be clearing up for most of the region by late Friday afternoon, that shows us all in the heavy snow still!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Me to my Wife asked what I was doing on my phone at 6am, I replied just checking all is good for tomorrow she sighed and went back to sleep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

13011906_1706.gif

Is this what SSIB was talking about?

Edited by Beasterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

GFS now showing some mild air (Greens for 18.00) before going back to snow , so wales and all southwest England down to I.O.W after initial snow small period of rain then back to snow up and probably through saturday.)

I have feeling the snow falling will be wet at times so snow depths won`t be as much folks.

post-13809-0-81147100-1358415846.png