Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

What do you see happening between 54 & 60 hrs Steve?

Looks like it was all but dead by then?

Streamer.

Posted

You want one that isnt so quite enthusiastic about the snow though... girls who adore the snow are generally to be found staring at lamposts, looking out of curtains and windows, watching radars, doing silly little dances at the sight of Snowflakes and posting on NW when Snow is forecast...not snuggling lol!

Well it's a good starting point.......

Posted

Afternoon all,

Been staring at the radar for the whole morning watching the "BLOB" in the north sea. At last the skies to the east here in Felixstowe are getting darker and cloud is finally pushing in!! Will update on anything falling for those of you south of here.

Do we think it will amount too much seeing that is very slow moving? By that I mean 2/3cm (don't want to be greedy!!)

Nick

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I've just had a call from work. The BBC news website is now fully aware of what is set to hit tomorrow. Suffice to say I'll be heading in for an earlier start than normal, be prepared for full on media storm!

I'll head to Broadcasting House for 5am I reckon so I can get out before the trains grind to a halt, of course snow will have already started by then according to latest details, so I could end up having to yomp all the way to Surrey from central London, now that could get interesting.

I'm refusing to get my ski gear, jacket, gloves, trousers down from the roof until I'm certain how we'll fare, I don't want to jinx anything! smile.png

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

3 degree's now but ti warm to snow,lets hope that drops soon or another day of rain on Friday

It can snow at 6c if the upper conditions are condusive good.gif

What do you see happening between 54 & 60 hrs Steve?

Looks like it was all but dead by then?

Assuming the front dies at 60- a brief 12/18 hour window - post that convection & streamer potential- not the greatest set of convection parameters but should get some firing in a perfect east wind-

then snow moving up from france.....

S

just been out- temp is dropping fast....

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Well it's a good starting point.......

I guess... snuggling watching the radar together...how romantic wub.png

ETA: not me though...Im too excited to sit down. Purely spend my time near windows

Edited by Tilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

I'll see youe easterly 1mph

and i'll raise you a south easterly 2mphrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Good afternoon all ladies and gents! I have a flight tomorrow booked for 14:00 from Gatwick? With the latest info we all have do u think it is possible to go ahead??

I would advise phoning just before you leave to check on the status of your flight. Still probably no garentee things will change but at least you won't leave home for nothing if it is already cancalled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

or the lamp post from your bedroom window ....blum.gif

Or from the bed, via the reflection in the mirror behind the headboard rofl.giftease.gif

Posted

looks like a lot more snow for the West of London than the East due to evaporation.

Would say 6-8cm for West and 4-6cm for the East,plus the front will stall just to the East of London giving the chance of more for West.

Posted

Good afternoon all ladies and gents! I have a flight tomorrow booked for 14:00 from Gatwick? With the latest info we all have do u think it is possible to go ahead??

Yes, should be OK, by then, leave early though, getting there could be worse than the flight.

Posted

Or trains, wasn't it powedery snow that was calle the wrong type of snow by the rail network a few years back now. Remering back to secondary school days lol

Think that classic was back in 1991. I actually saw a programme on telly many, many years later making the case that it was indeed the wrong type of snow because the stuff was getting sucked up into the engines and causing malfunctions. help.gif

Posted

I think it's possible keep in touch with your airline tomorrow. Gatwick have spent alot of money preparing for snow this year there was an article on tv last week about it. They had egg on their face last year I don't think they will want a repeat. Saying that this is an evolving situation so you never know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

.... guessing whether it's anaprop or not ....

realistically arguing over whether its anaprop or not lol

Anyway, its feeling colder now. Frost still nicely in place in the garden. Father Christmas failed to bring me a Weather Station so I dont have any temps grr but its chilly.

Posted

I think its all off, everyone!

Seeing an incredible 6 degrees on my weather station at the mo!

So much for daytime max of 0-1 Deg!

not off in any shape or form as PS says able to snow at 6 degrees if the uppers are right which they certainly are. No way is it off is skies clear tonight and there is another hard frost what happens then bang on bang tidy

Posted

1 hour to go until the perhaps pivotal 12z's. Let's hope for the eastward correction.

P. S. I have to say that looking at some of you fine ladies avatars that even though we may not be the snowiest region so far, we are definitely the best looking! Will not name names for fear of turning this into a dating site but suffice to say any pillow talk that ensued would be purely weather based.

LOL. I think there is more than one member who holds that view sir. I'm a happily married man however!

Posted

I think it's possible keep in touch with your airline tomorrow. Gatwick have spent alot of money preparing for snow this year there was an article on tv last week about it. They had egg on their face last year I don't think they will want a repeat. Saying that this is an evolving situation so you never know.

I reckon Gatwick will keep pace at first, I think it's the infrastructure feeding into the airports that could let things down!