Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

any suggestions to make time go quicker and snow come sooner, i just dont know what to do with myself haha fool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

we'll try! lol - i'm scared

I want to be scared too! RED ALERT, RED DRAGON! And all that patriotic stuff lol

Posted

we'll try! lol - i'm scared

lol Andy, your scared your going to get to much and I am scared I will bloody miss out lol. My son is doing my head in as he thinks school will still be on....... sure we will get some, but that bloody channel does my head in lol. Hope you can get out of ponty in the next week rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

http://expert-images...011806_1712.gif

Latest NAE... good for SW- something for everyone!

thats the 12z Ben, look at bottom right corner

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

hummph. Well i reckon milford haven will totally miss out again. its currently 5.8 degress and drizzling. so unles temps plummit not a hope in hell for us

woody

Posted

Termp down to 2.9oC here now , wind comming from NE (3mph) -2.5 Dew Point and that NAE is a massive upgrade from yesterday showing only sleet for most of west wales. Looking at charts tho adlantic is gonna win by next weekend but what a finish :) I have a St Bernard dog to so if anyone needs milk in the barrel let me know and I send her on her merry way. But I have to get to work in Rhondda at 6:30am or I dont get paid so im going in no matter what :)

Posted

thats the 12z Ben, look at bottom right corner

Getting a bit ahead of myself! Sorry!

Posted

Wow people where right, temp just dropped to 2oC in space of 10 mins now excitment defcon 5 all of you in west have faith the wind chill is comming your way. it was 4.8oC here an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

Anyone else getting that 79/82 feeling?

Didn't both of them start on a Thurs/Fri and end on a Sunday?bomb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Light snow still falling from that classic orangey looking sky. Temp at 0.4c but what has really got my attention is the increase in wind strength over the past couple of hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Thursdays and Fridays seem to be common days for snow for some reason :S

Posted

Ian Ferguson in SW thread has just fired the starting gun.

Colder air now flooding NW from France and infiltrating !

Need some further infiltration swansea though ....t shirt weather still......

Posted

I hope everyone wakes up with a bucket load of snow, i know im in the red but i was glad that most of wales got ungraded to amber this after noon.

This next few hours are the worst, u keep checking the radars( and there afew) u can look at and they all look different and u trying to work out what part of the radar is the bit going over u.

Posted

I hope everyone wakes up with a bucket load of snow, i know im in the red but i was glad that most of wales got ungraded to amber this after noon.

This next few hours are the worst, u keep checking the radars( and there afew) u can look at and they all look different and u trying to work out what part of the radar is the bit going over u.

I think a lot depends on how slow the front moves through, truth be told if it does stall or move slowly it will be a proper dumping just of the coast where I would have thought renewed ppm from channel will keep things going. Local Authority had plenty of warning so major roads should be passable with care. M4 defo should be and if it isnt they need shooting.

Posted

This is great, I feel like it's Christmas Eve when I was a kid. Can't wait to see if I get any snow tomorrow morning, hoping for a snow day off work! Debating whether to stay up or wake up really early in the morning and watch the snow fall and hopefully build up.

Currently stuck at 3.8 with dew point at -0.1.

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Latest models seem to look good and hopefully any snow won't turn to rain for me.. That's my biggest worry at the moment!

Anyway, last post from me as I have work (maybe) at 6am. Hope you all see some snow and enjoy it! Remember: Watch those roads, the morning rush hour could be mayhem. Take care.

Dan.