Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Thank you very much We are in Town :-) hopefully get to see some tomorrow :-)

Apparently ITV Daybreak are in AberG to report live tomorrow morning.

Posted

Wow, the wind is really picking up in Brynmill, Swansea and it's turned very cloudy but still fairly mild- 4c. I'm crashing now, hopefully I'll wake up to a white out:)

Good Luck everyone and take care good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

erm...lets focus on tonight first smile.png hahaha

isn't this a forum about the 12z onwards charts?

I saw the charts earlier, and they were quite scary. A week of cold temps, and several snow events, but the latest charts have downplayed it now, thankfully. Last thing we want is an early 80s type event. Well it's the last thing I want, anyway. It could always go back the other way though, and snowmageddon could happen. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

why are we looking for the next event ? when this one has even arrived/happened yet? so confusing

Posted

Very cold air now flooding from continent. Reports of Dew points of -6 across the English Channel! Expect very steep gradients with your temperatures very soon.

Posted

Termp down to 2.9oC here now , wind comming from NE (3mph) -2.5 Dew Point and that NAE is a massive upgrade from yesterday showing only sleet for most of west wales. Looking at charts tho adlantic is gonna win by next weekend but what a finish :) I have a St Bernard dog to so if anyone needs milk in the barrel let me know and I send her on her merry way. But I have to get to work in Rhondda at 6:30am or I dont get paid so im going in no matter what :)

you won't get there and the atlantic won't win for possibly 2 - 3 weeks yet - the cold will not budge - and it will be rinse and repeat - rinse and repeat - just spent over £200 on essentials - I know what's coming - I'm bloody scared to be honest - the level of snow will be at record levels - this will be like nothing anyone living now has pretty much seen before - I asked a few people in tescos - do you know how bad it's gonna be - and they looked at me blankly - sort of to say - aaaaaaaah it'll be all over by sunday - fools - this is gonna be the SNOWMAGGEDON TO END ALL SNOWMAGEDDONS - IT WILL BE AMAZING - AND HOPEFULL I WILL LIVE THROUGH IT!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

some conflicting posts here now whats going on? high temps some places, cold air sweeping in other places and people saying no snow forecast? someone please explain ?

Never mind andy has got my hopes up now clapping.gif

Edited by Gavla

Posted

Apparently ITV Daybreak are in AberG to report live tomorrow morning.

We were on Daybreak in the Summer When they filmed Superdad at Aber Leisure centre with Gethin Jones,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

It looks increasingly likely that I may have to eat a hat :/

Posted

some conflicting posts here now whats going on? high temps some places, cold air sweeping in other places and people saying no snow forecast? someone please explain ?

The air here is relatively cold but not awfully so. The front draws air from France where it's exceptionally cold. The cooling is happening now.

Don't worry, there'll be snow. The only "marginal places" are the absolute coasts and SW. But even then it's a question of how much snow.

Posted

you won't get there and the atlantic won't win for possibly 2 - 3 weeks yet - the cold will not budge - and it will be rinse and repeat - rinse and repeat - just spent over £200 on essentials - I know what's coming - I'm bloody scared to be honest - the level of snow will be at record levels - this will be like nothing anyone living now has pretty much seen before - I asked a few people in tescos - do you know how bad it's gonna be - and they looked at me blankly - sort of to say - aaaaaaaah it'll be all over by sunday - fools - this is gonna be the SNOWMAGGEDON TO END ALL SNOWMAGEDDONS - IT WILL BE AMAZING - AND HOPEFULL I WILL LIVE THROUGH IT!

Your posts are my favourite thing about the winter period!

Posted

It'll be heavy but hardly apocalyptic lol

Posted

The king is back !!

We hope you live through it Andy!!

What car have you got this time to get stuck in that hole?

Have you also purchased plenty of hp sauce to put on your foot when supplies run out?

Have you a generator though Andy?

When the power lines fail you know..... plenty of batteries? wind up charger?

Will you remain at your house and attempt to ride it out ,or will you be air lifted to safety?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

Have a look at the new fax charts, could be intresting.....

i'm quite suspicious of these downgrading charts tbh

i remember 78 and 82

they said they would be nothing too....

Posted

Light snow all day here. Light dusting only as melting as fast as it settles...settling a bit more now as temp has fallen from ~3C to 1.5C. For some reason MO radar showing no precipitation in vicinity at present? Any chance NE Wales is gonna steal the heaviest falls from you Southerners tomorrow? ðŸ˜

Edited by Equinox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Right. I cant stand this waiting. Another episode of Homeland and a whiskey it is then