Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - Cold and Snow 17/01/13 ->

Isolated Frost

Posted

Turning very grey here now think something maybe brewing........

Massive respect to any boro fans heading to Leicester tonight hearing there's lots of snow on the roads rumors on twitter of a 5pm inspection as Leicestershire Police want it called off

oh noooo! I took the night off from work so I could watch it on sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

MODERATE SNOW its laying dusting here comeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Posted

Starting to get little heavier and beginning to lay....

I have my dusting! now come on lets get loads. Seems like the wind is changing direction.

Posted

I have my dusting! now come on lets get loads. Seems like the wind is changing direction.

Just so that that gap can hit me.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Me next door neighbour has nicked my snow off my front garden..!! He's making a huge snowman for his daughter..!! Still I'm sure the next few hours will deposit a new layer.!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 70 degree's in the summer, snow in the winter

A good fifteen minutes worth here and still going.

Re the boro game, not good to travel for no reason but I don't fancy our chances tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Just measured and there's 3cm now where there was none this morning!! That's a very hefty dump in a short space of time. Off to the Lakes now - wish us luck!

Edited by Alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Nice snow cover here at the coast...some very hefty showers merging in the machine aka the North Sea...interesting afternoon coming up for many I reckon!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Snow with some thunder and lightening just a few miles north from me, in Blyth.

Sister reported thundersnow in Blyth recently.

Posted

IS it due to veer any further towards the E? If it doesn't that those lines of showers are missing here yet again.

If that's the extent of the shift away a S'ly direction, then I might as well give up now.

Edited by NickR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Tonight, I'm expecting a very slow shift from SE to ESE wind flow at the upper air levels- so snow for Northumberland/Tyne and Wear, moving into County Durham at times. Tomorrow, this flow turns very much E by the early hours of tomorrow morning, bringing the whole region into it.

The situation gets marginally better as we move through the next 24 hours. Saturday night/Sunday morning have a strong E flow, sub -7c uppers, sub 528 and 1290dm lines, everything is in line for something really good then. To me- it looks like a very cold few days, with lots of convection to come.

Convection wise- Borders, Aberdeenshire, Perthshire and Northumberland the places to be... thundersnow reported in Aberdeen just now.

Posted

Tonight, I'm expecting a very slow shift from SE to ESE wind flow at the upper air levels- so snow for Northumberland/Tyne and Wear, moving into County Durham at times. Tomorrow, this flow turns very much E by the early hours of tomorrow morning, bringing the whole region into it.

The situation gets marginally better as we move through the next 24 hours. Saturday night/Sunday morning have a strong E flow, sub -7c uppers, sub 528 and 1290dm lines, everything is in line for something really good then. To me- it looks like a very cold few days, with lots of convection to come.

Convection wise- Borders, Aberdeenshire, Perthshire and Northumberland the places to be... thundersnow reported in Aberdeen just now.

So in short: if you're in Durham go to the pub tonight and don't read any more about people further north getting all the snow, then come back tomorrow.

Posted

Teesside is getting hit too now mate!

Posted

could still do with a more E flow on these showers. There is some big ones out at sea. Seems like the north will be better off than us.

Agreed but we will take what we can get

Posted

Teesside is getting hit too now mate!

It's fairly tame stuff compared to what elsewhere has had, though, and is apart from the main bulk of the ppn.

Posted

Agreed but we will take what we can get

Indeed we will. Least that last shower was quite good and there is more on the way. Just not on the heavy side yet unless they intensify.