Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Not sure where it's coming from, as the radar is clear over my postcode... But it's been snizzling for about an hour now.

Posted

Not sure where it's coming from, as the radar is clear over my postcode... But it's been snizzling for about an hour now.

Same here in south leicestershire!!its been snowing very lightly for the past couple of hours!!you never know maybe a surprise snowfall!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Indeed, we've oddly had very light snizzle for most of the morning

Posted

Any help would be welcome in how to post a picture that is stored on my pc, into a post!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Polar Maritime, January 21, 2013 - useless reply from me, now i know how to upload pictures
Hidden by Polar Maritime, January 21, 2013 - useless reply from me, now i know how to upload pictures

Any help would be welcome in how to post a picture that is stored on my pc, into a post!

Hi Rammie, I have no idea how to upload pic's on this forum since it was upgraded last year... Best bet it get on the help support and feedback thread at the top of the community page, one of the mod's will quickly reply and help smile.png

Edited by Polar Maritime
Posted

Temperature is -1.3C and a dew point of -3 currently, with 6inches of level snow on top of wheelie bin and drifts of 7-8 inches. Best snowfall since 2010, might be even deeper than then, just not as cold as it was. Great!!!

Posted

If you go to "More Reply Options" you should have a button at the bottom of the box which says "Choose Files..." - use that.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Polar Maritime, January 21, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by Polar Maritime, January 21, 2013 - off topic

If you go to "More Reply Options" you should have a button at the bottom of the box which says "Choose Files..." - use that.

At last, How easy is that.. after a year since the forum upgrade trying to work it out, i can now upload photo's with ease fool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A decent covering of snow in Belper town centre now after a day of snow on and off, and the hills around Belper easily have 15-20cm of snow! Just been out for a walk up into the hills around Cromford (the A6 was clear enough to drive) and the snow up there is very deep, some drifts were thigh deep! Level snow was between 20 and 30cm.

A great day out making the most of the snow :)

And there is still light snow falling in Belper.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Any one seen the updated precipitation charts from the ukmo!!they suggest snow across south east east anglia and east midlands tonight and tomorrow morning!!thats a surprise!!

Posted

Any one seen the updated precipitation charts from the ukmo!!they suggest snow across south east east anglia and east midlands tonight and tomorrow morning!!thats a surprise!!

Weird, almost all the snow events of this cold spell have either been underplayed or unforecast.....let's see what this one throws at us? :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Can you please post a link to the latest ukmo precipitation chart(s) as I had a quick look on my phone but only saw up to 5pm today :-( though I don't know where that snow would come from looking at raintoday there's a tiny bit SE but hardly anything

Posted

Snizzle here. Made it work after dropping my son off at nursery in North Beds (took 90 mins instead of 45 - not too bad). Minor roads were pretty poor... even the A6 wasn't brilliant but it was very quiet! My wife's collegue whose daughter is at the same nursery decided it was a snow day, and not come in - expecting us to the do the same. Now she looks pretty stupid. About a third of the office decided not to pitch up, some who have far shorter and less tricky commute than me with the detour to nursery.

Posted

A decent covering of snow in Belper town centre now after a day of snow on and off, and the hills around Belper easily have 15-20cm of snow! Just been out for a walk up into the hills around Cromford (the A6 was clear enough to drive) and the snow up there is very deep, some drifts were thigh deep! Level snow was between 20 and 30cm.

A great day out making the most of the snow :)

And there is still light snow falling in Belper.

We probably walked straight past each other! I went from Belper up to High Peak junction and up the incline through Bolehill. Some of the snow up there was incredible, certainly up there with what we had in 2010 (when I actually lived up there).

Posted

Some pictures of the snow while walking the mutt early'er near my house.

post-12319-0-65644200-1358795424_thumb.jpost-12319-0-79047100-1358795474_thumb.jpost-12319-0-08892400-1358795514_thumb.jpost-12319-0-94681000-1358795532_thumb.j

Posted

Last nights event turned out to be better than expected. Chaos on the roads this morning. A good couple of inches on level ground in toal (near city). The airport had around 5 inches of level snow on the grass. Haven't seen snow that deep for 10-15 years.

Is there a snowy breakdown predicted this weekend before the boring warm wet weather is back?

Edited by Lee Jones

Posted

Last nights event turned out to be better than expected. Chaos on the roads this morning. A good couple of inches on level ground in toal (near city). The airport had around 5 inches of level snow on the grass. Haven't seen snow that deep for 10-15 years.

Is there a snowy breakdown predicted this weekend before the boring warm wet weather is back?

ATM LJ, I would say back to average or just below from next weekend, but nothing warm. How long this will last for is the big question, but all background signals are pointing towards another possible cold spell from the first week in February. This week yes more battleground snowfalls to come as we get back to average values towards the end of the week.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

We probably walked straight past each other! I went from Belper up to High Peak junction and up the incline through Bolehill. Some of the snow up there was incredible, certainly up there with what we had in 2010 (when I actually lived up there).

We were certainly within the vicinity but the only people I walked past were a middle aged couple :)