Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Friday 18th >>

lorenzo

Posted

Photo is of my cat Sasha (rip) on lamp post duty in the height of the March 2006 snowstorm. Anyone else have pets that do the same?

Hoping that my kitten Beaker will break his lamp post duck with some snow later on this evening. Really want him to experience some snow and nothing to do with me wanting some...whistling.gif Looking good for the snow making it west. Fingers crossed.

The lamp post in the photo is at the same height as our living room as we are raised above the road. Can sit on my couch with beer in hand and watch the snow. drinks.gif

Hope those of you in Ayrshire see some snow soon!

post-11598-0-21098400-1358540286_thumb.j

Posted

mmm, couple of good heavy showers earlier but temp still up at 2C, dp 0C so a bit damp, and not looking great east of here. Ground is white, but wet and think the cover we started with this morning and decreased rather than increased. may need to head inland for best sledging tomorrow unless things change dramatically. what time does it swing to a northerly! ;-)

Posted

My experience of an easterly for snow prospects in Aberdeen can be very patchy. Sometimes hit, sometimes - like so far - mainly miss. The seemingly increasingly rarer Northerlys are usually our best chance. I long for the time of blocked Northerly winds, for days at a time, 'the good old days'!

Anyway, for those of you further south that do have snow - ENJOY! smile.png

Yup exactly - just as my signature says!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Pure schmental snow in central Edinburgh now.

Posted

mmm, couple of good heavy showers earlier but temp still up at 2C, dp 0C so a bit damp, and not looking great east of here. Ground is white, but wet and think the cover we started with this morning and decreased rather than increased. may need to head inland for best sledging tomorrow unless things change dramatically. what time does it swing to a northerly! ;-)

June? ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
It doesn't sorry.gif . B0110x to this.

Nah, the doc's reply is better. Off to the pub now, hoping for a lock in then some snow at 2am to help me home. Cheers all.drinks.gif

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

That squall line seems to have stalled in E Borders. Just across the valley from me though. Needs to f'in stall 10 miles west.

EDIT. Correct that. It's here. Super fast and deeper snaw again!

drinks.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

very nice ongoing snowfall here in Leith, very nice indeed, a good covering ... As soon as the last blade of grass is covered then I'll be happy with that. Any more is always a bonus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Sorry it's not great in Aberdeen but inland a bit its a little better. We've just had a shower that's lasted longer than most at around 30mins. Everything that wasn't white beforehand is now, but I'd still not say there's any real depth to it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Photo is of my cat Sasha (rip) on lamp post duty in the height of the March 2006 snowstorm. Anyone else have pets that do the same?

Hoping that my kitten Beaker will break his lamp post duck with some snow later on this evening. Really want him to experience some snow and nothing to do with me wanting some...whistling.gif Looking good for the snow making it west. Fingers crossed.

The lamp post in the photo is at the same height as our living room as we are raised above the road. Can sit on my couch with beer in hand and watch the snow. drinks.gif

Hope those of you in Ayrshire see some snow soon!

Our wee cat [born in March 2012] noticed snow for the first time today and spent some time jumping up against the window trying to catch the flakes. When given the opportunity to go out though she declined. The dog however has been out rolling about in it.

Posted

It doesn't sorry.gif . B0110x to this.

Nah, the doc's reply is better. Off to the pub now, hoping for a lock in then some snow at 2am to help me home. Cheers all.drinks.gif

Sounds good to me. I will console myself with another beer from the fridge drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

If the squall line has passed id five it another hour or so before more moves in behind for fife I reckon, though I'm out at the moment so

I couldn't be Certain!

Posted

Actually, that's nonsense, more showers heading straight in behind, squall line stalling over us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Big snowflakes and rather heavy now in Crieff. Birling around in the wind, too.

T0.4ºC/DP0ºC

Boy PG (aged 2½) saw the big stuff starting properly just before he went down to sleep and promptly went hyper. Dat's ma boy!

Edited by Polar Gael 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

We've had wee flakes , biggish flakes, blizzards, off and on...now we have big hailstones battering off the patio doors - what next??wacko.png

Posted

Quite a sight on the radar isn't it ? it's possible that's happened in my lifetime but certainly one of the more unusual ways to get snowed on in this part of the world. Streamer or rather squall going back to NE England ... Aye, quite something.

This streamer going through East Lothian/East Embra looks like it could go on for a while. Awesome

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Not that I am over analysing it or anything or looking for the faintest glimmer of hope but Saturday afternoon, night and Sunday day look better for here in terms of all round temps. But not sure on the precipitation. I think will continue to be marginal here, but on the right side for white stuff, just a bit wet.

Actually, that's nonsense, more showers heading straight in behind, squall line stalling over us

The line seems to be sinking west now. It has now moved right over me and is dropping small flakes which are piling up like nothing else. Must be the best part of three inches here now, starting to get towards a dump of snow rather than a covering...

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Other half swears he just seen a flash of lightning over to the south east.

Posted

Don't mention Kelso. Catch will want commission for sending it up here.

Still belting down here, close to 2-3cms already i would guess. Looks like a line from Alnwick-Kelso-Soutra-Edinburgh-Dunfermline

Posted

Woop! looks like lots have got :)

some have not and as stated earlier apart from thunder here just teeny graupel showers

just had a longer lasting shower, but still all graupel.. no depth really ..'mon snaw, it's the weekend