Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

West yorks now on amber! hoping for south yorks to!

i think it will also put us on amber shortly given the orientation of the area of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

thanks i will have a look now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

hi, does anyone know how i can find out how high above sea level i am, thanks :)

google earth will provide it via your post code

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Looks quite Snowy at Stamford Bridge and that's probably one of warmest areas of south with been so heavily populated.

Posted

hi, does anyone know how i can find out how high above sea level i am, thanks smile.png

Go on Google maps/earth and go to street view at your house, it will give you the hight above sea level at the bottom.

Posted

Very interesting observations on here today about the thaw. It's been above freezing all day yesterday and overnight with a min of 0.5 and today has been up to 1.5, but dropped back a bit recently. The DP has remained well below 0 however and currently -2, resulting in very little thaw at all. You have to look hard to see any dripping, a bit of the wife's car and some from the table on the decking, and the ground with bare patches is clearing of any ice, but that;s it. Snow has sublimated a bit but still a good 20 - 25 cm + on the grass as a result of being in the prime position for Monday and Friday's events.

Still a bit concerned about the snow later. We're 10 miles (9.75 to be exact) from the coast, but at 70m which helps a bit. But in situations like this previously, it's has been rain, sleet or wet snow, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

me too, looks like plenty of orographic snowfall againt high ground like the pennines..i have a feeling the amber will extend further south

Unlikely because the amber is in the last mile of north West Yorkshire. For Harrogate west and southwards it looked so good but is game over. For anyone who thinks I'm being annoying I'm not! Am just pointing out the obvious and the truth can hurt :( they must have taken the Pennines idea away because otherwise they would have started it north Derbyshire northwards. So flipping close !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Stop your moaning, you're going to get a decent fall regardless of what the Met office say

Edited by Aaron

Posted

i think it will also put us on amber shortly given the orientation of the area of snow

Drove through Oughtibridge yesterday and you had more than I was expecting after your reports from Friday. Some decent accumulations on the hills around Sheffield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

google earth will provide it via your post code

thanks i think i got it now

Posted

87ft above sea level sad.png

I was over 500ft above where I grew up. smile.png

come back when ya as bad as mine tease.gif

Posted

Has anyone noticed the Orange echo just of the coast heading towrds Norwich!

Maybe that is what is going to push up the Coast and West!

Posted

Want it to stay where it is and keep the westerly movement for a bit longer till that heavy stuff gets right under us biggrin.png

met office forecast on there website has put back the heavy snow from 3pm till 6pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

I'm only 7 miles inland from the sea and just 10 ft asl .. !

Temp. 2.7 C as I type, slow thaw on.

Very borderline for tonight's snow for me I think .. but we'll see.

B. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Unlikely because the amber is in the last mile of north West Yorkshire. For Harrogate west and southwards it looked so good but is game over. For anyone who thinks I'm being annoying I'm not! Am just pointing out the obvious and the truth can hurt sad.png they must have taken the Pennines idea away because otherwise they would have started it north Derbyshire northwards. So flipping close !!

Game over? Seriously? The northern extent of the snow is about Peterborough, and you're writing off an event not scheduled to even arrive in North Yorkshire for another 5-6 hours? Warning areas can and do change.

Posted

Unlikely because the amber is in the last mile of north West Yorkshire. For Harrogate west and southwards it looked so good but is game over. For anyone who thinks I'm being annoying I'm not! Am just pointing out the obvious and the truth can hurt sad.png they must have taken the Pennines idea away because otherwise they would have started it north Derbyshire northwards. So flipping close !!

Adam, I can assure you that you are becoming annoying. You are not pointing out the obvious, just moaning. There are times with snow in the forecast when we can all moan, but unless you live in an elevated position, or move further North and East, you will always just have to grin and bear it. Please get a good job, save hard and move to a mountain in Scotland, come back on to this site and laugh at us with our pitiful amounts of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Well I've just got back from our local park. Still a good covering and after sledding I now have my spine sticking out my backside

Ouch

Yer exactly, your pointing out the OBVIOUS, you even say it yourself, but most of your posts are not the obvious but just you trying to play down anything and everything that could be possibly good!