Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frost

Watching the Leicester v Toulouse game at the moment. They are having to send a guy round the touchline as the game is progressing just to keep the white lines of the pitch visible. And they are not really receiving the heaviest precipitation in this band. Very promising for tonight - especially if like me you spend most of your time in South Africa!!!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well the snow to the south has stalled for the last two hours and it's beginning to weaken. The system is also beginning to pivoting so it may have possibly have reached the furthest point north that it will go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Well the snow to the south has stalled for the last two hours and it's beginning to weaken. The system is also beginning to pivoting so it may have possibly have reached the furthest point north that it will go.

This is my worry too.

Oh God, I am beginning to sound like Adam. Please someone, shoot me. Put me out of my misery now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

that huge lump off the norfolk coast has our name on it i suspect...

easterlies should push it in

Edited by bryan629

Posted

Finally starting to see some n/w movement on the eastern flank, looking ok atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Look out to the east on the radar, more of a push north developing. It will start moving north again, just needs time against the easterly flow.

Posted

My main concern is marginality- the temperature is up at 2.0C here now, and if we get a lot of snow at temperatures above 1C, chances are most of it won't settle. If evaporative cooling comes into play then we could be in for a fair amount though.

Yep. Temperatures are above freezing in most areas, here isn't too bad at -0.5c but the lower down and further east you go temperatures are widespread 2-3.c. 850's should drop to -9 from the current -7 as the front approaches, and once we loose the strong easterly winds it will help lower the impact of the onshore breeze. I suspect at first a sleety mixture for low lying eastern areas that will quickly turn to snow.

The BBC are expecting temperatures of 1-2.c so the snow may be predominantly wet in nature although the higher wet bulb/moisture levels can mean bigger flakes so it could be a good trade off.

post-8968-0-10320100-1358698302_thumb.pn

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Really??? Stop moaning lol!!

The front is not due until after 7 tonight so loads of time. It's a slow moving front hence why it's been over the south all day!! We will be rewarded later mate, keep the faith!

Posted

Just seen the latest forecast. Front expected to move back south now.How many of you read that and thought oh dear.... Lol. Front will push north.

Posted

Lol we would have to take a good long look at the models if they're getting things wrong at 6-12 hours away. The main band of ppn off the east coast is moving North fine. I'm guessing that light stuff ahead of it isn't part of the front and it's just some convective stuff like what we saw on Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

This is my worry too.

Oh God, I am beginning to sound like Adam. Please someone, shoot me. Put me out of my misery now!

Is this snow not meant to travel all the way up to Scotland. It's still early and not expected to get to north lincs till 6pm earliest. Last snow even METO were extremely accurate to when it was going to reach these parts almost o the minute.

Posted

Strange how met office issued a red warning for a tiny portion of wales, yet this event looks like being worse and more widespread yet just an orange warning.

It is due to the relative importance of Wales!

Being Welsh it is the most important place in the UK Europe World. Much more so than...what;s it called? Oh yes, Londinium.....

Posted

This is my worry too.

A friendly kick?

2j2i52s.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

How much snow do you reckon we will get in Sheffield?

Not a lot 2cm maybe if it reaches us which isn't certain as we maybe just too far west. We're now looking south east for the attack and not the south as it was earlier. The good news is that dew points are still very good and while the slow thaw continues anything that falls should be snow.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

A quick look on MyWeather shows non-stop snow for Penistone from 6pm to midnight Monday. I admire the optimism but computer says Noooo

Posted

A friendly kick?

2j2i52s.gif

Works for me....ouch biggrin.png

Posted

Seriously if you got nothing positive to say about the weather then don't say anything at all! few people throwing there toys out and the snow isnt even due to arrive until after 6pm! we just gotta wait and it will deliver, met office are confident still and the bbc forecast good for us so stop whining really starting to grate in here now!! (RANT OVER)

Temp has really dropped to 0.9C already and dew point of 0 so things are going well :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

A quick look on MyWeather shows non-stop snow for Penistone from 6pm to midnight Monday. I admire the optimism but computer says Noooo

haha penis tone rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

You haven't had a big thaw have you :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

haha penis tone rofl.gif

Affectionately known as Penis town.