Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Right well if you guys think your so sure that others apart from the east will get a coating ie.the Pennines like Tomas said this morning! Then if it happens I will apolagise to you all and buy you a pint. I stay confident (unfortunately). This is the time we need a shift more than thy first thought.

Posted

Hi all, I have been looking back at the netweather radar runs and cannot see the band moving any further of a line between derby and the wash. Is it ment to move north later on or will it all go west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Drove through Oughtibridge yesterday and you had more than I was expecting after your reports from Friday. Some decent accumulations on the hills around Sheffield.

yes its not bad on the tops to be fair!!

Posted

Like someone else has already said, Adam is the most annoying person I've ever come across in the 15 years or so I've been using the internet! rolleyes.gif .

YOU ARE GOING TO GET LOTS OF SNOW TONIGHT, IGNORE THE MET OFFICE WARNINGS THEY ARE OFTEN WRONG AND ARE OFTEN REPLACED BY FLASH WARNINGS OUT OF THE BLUE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Hi all, I have been looking back at the netweather radar runs and cannot see the band moving any further of a line between derby and the wash. Is it ment to move north later on or will it all go west

West and then north is perfect- but yes it will go north.

Posted

Cheers,

I don't like to post to many questions on here but just wanted to know as I thought it was only going west.

West and then north is perfect- but yes it will go north.

Posted

Like someone else has already said, Adam is the most annoying person I've ever come across in the 15 years or so I've been using the internet! rolleyes.gif .

YOU ARE GOING TO GET LOTS OF SNOW TONIGHT, IGNORE THE MET OFFICE WARNINGS THEY ARE OFTEN WRONG AND ARE OFTEN REPLACED BY FLASH WARNINGS OUT OF THE BLUE!

HC just tell adam the truth there is not going to be any snow in his neighbourhood but there will be snow everywhere else drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

post-16459-0-00358500-1358692385_thumb.j

Nice to have the met onside, heavy snow all night!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Gotta agree, the damn thing is sitting at the base of The Wash. I estimate that in the last hour and half it has moved 2 miles northward! There are heavier bits out to sea but they seem to be shearing off as they move North just like the rest (unless there is a problem with the radar).

Anyway some good news, the temperature has now dropped to +1.9°C and the DP has moved with it to -1.6°C. That is deffo promising as over 2° is not good for snow here. If it can drop another half a degree or so then I am sure it is pretty much nailed-on for snow, not sleet or rain, providing of course that band actually gets here.spiteful.gif

I have to drive to Worcester tomorrow (work) so a bit more of the white stuff would help in that I could then stay at home good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

according to the animation from the link below... its goint to snow from around 6pm tonight and not really clear the region untill the small hours tuesday morning.... im using this model for the first time to see how it fairs to be honest...but 36 hours of constant snow floats my boat nicely.

has anyone else used this in the past , if so how do you rate it?

http://europa.buienradar.nl/3daagse.aspx?for=1&type=regenverwachting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Unlikely because the amber is in the last mile of north West Yorkshire. For Harrogate west and southwards it looked so good but is game over. For anyone who thinks I'm being annoying I'm not! Am just pointing out the obvious and the truth can hurt sad.png they must have taken the Pennines idea away because otherwise they would have started it north Derbyshire northwards. So flipping close !!

Yawn...I'm 30 miles or so to the South of you and I'm expecting some decent snow tonight...check out the radar! doh.gif

Posted

HC just tell adam the truth there is not going to be any snow in his neighbourhood but there will be snow everywhere else drinks.gif

Haha yes, there will be lots of snow everywhere apart from in shadwell where it will be sleet :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frost

What? That fine stuff that soaks you right through?

Light drizzle for you materofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!! lots of it

There's something about Sunday nights and heavy snowfall around here. The times growing up it would snow loads and I'd be watching out the window, hoping School was closed for Monday lol

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Stalled in south Nottingham at the moment been stuck there for the last 40 minutes. Driving the people on the north side nuts. On a side note my Davis has changed from Snow to sleet. It's hardly ever right so I ain't bothered.

Posted

Metoffice update had light to heavy snow later on here and has just been downgraded to light snow now at 9pm

Posted

wow, another metoffice update for here, sleet at 3pm, light snow at 6pm, heavy snow due at 9pm, so to me that says rain/sleet all the way

still saying all snow for donny from 6pm

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Radar image looks good and the NAE looks very good for tonight.

Now going to my parents and will take a measurement, the bus back around 9pm should certainly be interesting.

Posted

Metoffice update had light to heavy snow later on here and has just been downgraded to light snow now at 9pm

These vague hourly weather forecasts aren't worth the web space their written on, just take them with a pinch of salt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - storms, tornadoes, snow

These vague hourly weather forecasts aren't worth the web space their written on, just take them with a pinch of salt.

Exactly. The radar is the best forecast from now onwards.