Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - Part 565

Paul Sherman

Posted

Even the 11 plus was put off in 62/63...and the message of March...was plse send the plumber....blimey my mum said it was a 'normal' winter!!!smile.png

Posted

0 Leigh-on-Sea (E) (PAUL SHERMAN) v. Wickford (E) (DANUK) 0 (DUST)

N.M.R No location? (CWT2012) v. Reigate (Sur) (GREAT PLUM) N.M.R

0.1 Southend (E) (SHRIMPER) v. South Ockenden (E) (CRAZY DIAMOND) 0.5

N.M.R Epping (E) (SWASH) v. Little Wakering (E) (ESSEXGOONER) N.M.R

0.6 Ashford (K) (PAUL ASHFORD) v. Bellingham (L) (NANU) N.M.R

N.M.R Ewell (Sur) (AMANZI) v.Hailsham (Sus) (LAWRENK) 3.5

0.2 Gravesend (K) (ICEBOX) v. Shorne (K) (SHUNTER) 1

0.5 Bexleyheath (K) (SNOW RAVEN) v. Romford (E) (ROADRUNNER) 2

0 Sittingbourne (K) (JRIGHT35) v.Rayleigh (E) (VESUVIUS) 0

N.M.R Dartford (K) (CHARLTON KERRY) v.Pollards Hills (Sus) (SHANICE) N.M.R

N.M.R No Location ? (CRAIG23) v. Surrey? (SNOWBOB) 5

9 Thorpe (Sur) (SURREY) v. Uxbridge (L) (TIGHT ISOBAR) N.M.R

2.2 Tonbridge (K) (TONBRIDGEMOLE) v. Kent ? (KENT BLIZZARD) N.M.R

N.M.R Silver End (E) (ANITA) v. Shoeburyness (E) (BLACKIE) N.M.R

5 Twickenham (BUZZIT) v. Beckenham (K) (JIMMYH) N.M.R

0.5 Grays (E) (LEIGHD) v. Barnet (H) (SUBURBAN STREAMER) N.M.R

N.M.R Strood (K) (HARDCJ) v.Benfleet (E) (SNOWPRO) N.M.R

10 New Haw (Sur) (JEZZER) v. Surrey ? (LONDON SNOW) 12.6

0.5 Basildon (E) (LEWIS028) v. Faversham (K) (TILLY) N.M.R

4.5 Bromley (K) (LUPIEJAN) v. Rochester (K) (BOAR WINKELSTORM) N.M.R

N.M.R Dagenham (E) (GOONERGREG) v. Uckfield (Sus) (TOM JARVIS) 6.5

N.M.R Burgess Hill (Sus) (CHIONOMANIAC) v. Kent ? (THROWOFF) 0

N.M.R Croydon (Sur) (POINTE LA RUE) v. Waltham Abbey (E) (JOHN MAC) 8

O.K, here are the depths from the match-ups in the first half of the draw, totals are in cms.

N.M.R. (No measurement registered), come on people put 4 layers on and get out there and have a measure up.

Chart Viewer, suggested that if a competitor doesnt register a depth at this half way stage, they should forfeit the tie!

I'm tempted but thats a bit harsh but if they DONT REGISTER A DEPTH BY 9 a.m MONDAY, (IF NO MORE SNOW IS FALLING IN THE REGION,I SUPPOSE I COULD EXTEND THAT TO NOON), THEY WILL FORFEIT THE TIE AND THEIR OPPONENT WILL MOVE INTO THE NEXT ROUND. (I'm not shouting really).

A comment on those scores above, I'd wished I'd had a bet the overs in total snow depth JEZZER v.LONDON SNOW.

To think they were matched randomly from Paul S's list, spooky eh.

I will post the scores on the doors in the 2nd half of the draw, in a wee while, too much to take in all at once.

If I've missed anybody's total let me know.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom - I did report 0.001cm for Shoebury earlier but that was on page 5,671 of the previous thread so you may have missed it unless you are a speed reader! Actually, where it is still laying it might scrape 0.5cm. My neighbour's grandkids made four snowmen in their front garden. Well, snowmidgets. But I already went for a big fat zero as most of last night's dusting has now gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

BBC National weather said the warnings in place may well be upgraded over the next 24 hours. Don't know whether they were talking about the warnings covering us for tomorrow.

or Germany spiteful.gif

Posted

Gillingham my 2nd team mate...my nephew plays for them...Charlie Lee...sorry....now wheres that German Lowsmile.png

Well im a bristol rovers fan in Kent! We bottom of league 2!

UP THE GAS!

Okay how about if i ask will Margate see much snow tomorrow?, i have a feeling we are in the firing line but you can never be sure? have to go somewhere and i would just like a rough idea cos i never really trust the bbc weather forecast's!. I understand if this post get's ignored as it's a boring question but if anyone has any clue it would be most appreciated.

Posted

Latest bbc heaviest snow east of meridian, ie london 5-8cm here, 2-4cm west of london....

Plus he said more on hills and coasts!

Posted

BBC National weather said the warnings in place may well be upgraded over the next 24 hours. Don't know whether they were talking about the warnings covering us for tomorrow.

Maybe the front will stall over us.

Posted

If the NAE is right we can expect 1-2 cms+ tomorrow, but considering we did pretty well out of the last event im happy to see the rest of the region join in on the fun tomorrow.

Don't expect Godalming to get much tomorrow. What I plan to do is spend all day on this thread moaning about how UNFAIR everything is, how it's all the media's FAULT, and that the snow event is actually RUBBISH anyway.

Posted

Iceberg 10ft high just spotted at Greenwich...pack ice on the Thames...polar landscape right now in SE and for 5 weeks......London Paris travel cancelled........ice 3 ft thick......Medway frozen 2ft thickbiggrin.png .....blizzards for 60 hours non stop in SE.

Christ, thats some pub run!

Posted

Okay how about if i ask will Margate see much snow tomorrow?, i have a feeling we are in the firing line but you can never be sure? have to go somewhere and i would just like a rough idea cos i never really trust the bbc weather forecast's!. I understand if this post get's ignored as it's a boring question but if anyone has any clue it would be most appreciated.

Well if you dont none of us will - Lolz

Posted

Plus he said more on hills and coasts!

From what i can see on the charts id expect a bit more ie 10-12 mm on the charts converts to anywhere between 10-16cm..... Higher up will be luckier but i do think the downs will provide for north kent.....

Posted

All those worrying about the track of our snow on radar don't. Take a minute to look at the gfs0.5 on metociel the precip at 10.00pm was almost identical on radar to the model.

Posted

Have decided to give driving up to Leeds a miss. Will go on Monday instead.

Is this the Kentometer thread now? lol

Tom, we did have 5cm and a very small Snowdrift of about 10cm due to Wind.

Posted

Weathergeek said:

Thanx for that, would love to go to Colley Hill but probably a bit of a trek on dodgy winter roads - def for tomorrow while its actually snowing! Been to Leith Hill a few times (beautiful!) but never in the snow - not sure anyone would be able to get there?! Preserved for the lucky ones who live within walking distance!x

Hello WG, Colley Hill is ok to get to as Reigate Hill car park is right next to the M25 though it was very icy there today and I had to back out of the car park the wrong way becuase of the snow! If you can get to Leith Hill through the snow it's the best around here I think. The car parks are lower down (Landslip car park is my fave) and then it's a great walk up in the snow. I remember taking my eldest (now nearly 16) one morning when he was about 4, driving from SW London where we lived at the time and where there was nothing but rain. I had a feeling there would be snow down there and sure enough there was about 6 inches, it was the first time he had seen snow. We got out of the car and there was one other person there, an elderly lady with a dog, and she said 'what are you doing here?'. I said that we had come to be in the snow and she replied 'it's good to know there are still people with a soul'. We walked up to the summit through an Alpine world like pioneers through a virgin landscape. I will never forget it.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I had full account earlier last year when I visited Germany about how amusing we are perceived to be (and to be very honest) useless they think we are at dealing with snowdoh.gif . It led to some very funny exchanged anecdotes and good natured conversationbiggrin.png . I'm sure the equivalent weather mb over there would have a few laughs at ustongue.pngwink.png

Posted

So Kaddy goes for 2-4cm in SE. That's less than guys on here believe, being in the West this side if we do get some of the Western flank then perhaps up to 2cm? That's either a very light but longish fall or a short fall.

Heathrow reckon they could get 6cm and have already canceLOLelled flights.

Posted

Goodnight Irene!

I'll see you in my dreams. Blimey! Edited by abruzzi spur