Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 - 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yes as the low moves north the precipitation will gradually have a increased sea track so will pick up more moisture, eventually around early evening the low will move to far north and cut of our feed of snow.

I see intensity increasing for next 3 hours then maybe the reverse possibly for another 3 hours then just odd showers into early hours before the sky clears and very very cold night

Serious trouble tomorrow rush hour any roads that are fine now will freeze over with minus 8 widely tonight and the same for the trains.

I very much doubt temps will get that low overnight, I can't see the cloud cover thinning until at least the early hours and if it does -1 to -3 will be closer to the mark.

Posted

The thing I like best about the snow is watching it falling. Once it stops I worry that I won't get any more, a bit like the falls of the last few years, so this snow on snow event is rather exciting

Yep. Its very rare especially for us down here to get snow on snow I find, even in 2009/10 I'm not sure I had more snow added to first band of snow. Very nice to see it, not sure how long we can keep it for mind!

Posted

a little bit heavier - latest raintoday update shows a clear amplification of ppn over the channel - good times... any word on school closures tomorrow?

It will be best to wake a little earlier tomorrow to find out if schools are closed. I think many will be closed good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Flakes are the biggest they've been all day currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

This snow just keeps coming and coming!

It's a shame it's nothing more than heavy snizzle, if this was proper snow we'd be buried by now!

Posted

Just been to the shops. The snow is lovely and a good covering. Lovely powder powering from the sky, and there should be plenty more to come :-) Currently -1 with the dew point at -3.

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Just a quickie from work, snowing about as heavy as its been all morning now, in Croydon.

Re. the Snow Depth Challenge Cup, if its ok with moderators,Paul,etc, would it be ok to create a separate thread?

Fair point from Thinon.

As the threads are moving so fast, its cluttering up the thread each time I post draw and any posting of depths is getting lost in the white noise of this thread. Would make my job easier too, collating all your totals!

Please let me know.

Regards,

Tom.

Tom for competitions like this, in future I recommend using google docs to list everyone, really easy to use and you can issue a link and the chart/table will load for all to see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, ice!

Just seen ITV weather (yes, I know, what was I thinking?!). Says snow for south tomorrow too, more towards the west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Had just over 5cm today, snow seems to be getting lighter now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Bigger flakes coming down soon

Now lol

Edited by john mac