Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 - 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Model guidance suggest this will keep on going - perhaps not at the same intensity - until between 18z and 00z. BBC graphics, just, now, for last area to lose the snow is NW Kent at 18z.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I am wondering if I can drive from Patcham area to Wilsons avenue! My car is at the bottom of a massive hill (Braybon Ave) where I had to ditch it Friday. But I need to get my Son as his dad refuses to leave the house! fool.gif

i can ask a friend who lives in Wilson ave what the road is like? I'm in Mile oak and the roads are bad here x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

The radar images just looks like one mass of cloud, you can't tell if there is any more intensive stuff in there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Has picked up in the last 10 mins in Benfleet - 6/7 now

Same here, probably the heaviest so far today (still small flakes though)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

i can ask a friend who lives in Wilson ave what the road is like? I'm in Mile oak and the roads are bad here x

I'm going to set off now. See how close I get! Will let you know in most probably a few hours!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Well that didnt work lol, couldn't hold camera and take pic at the same time,nor with the ruler,thats some multi tasking effort there rofl.gif well thats what my level snow is at ,at the mo https://fbcdn-sphoto...257414805_n.jpg just got a bloody cold finger

Edited by Jo S

Posted

Any reports from Ockendon way?

Want to know how my snow cup match up with Crazy Diamond is going!..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

We have proper snow here now, even though the flakes are still quite small, they are of the accumulating variety.

Posted

a little bit heavier - latest raintoday update shows a clear amplification of ppn over the channel - good times... any word on school closures tomorrow?

Posted

Just got back from a snowy walk around Manston, just got out and the showers really intensified!

Still coming down nice and heavily now. smile.png Here's some pics...

post-6922-0-48392600-1358685011_thumb.jp

post-6922-0-51447600-1358685003_thumb.jp

post-6922-0-70885700-1358685004_thumb.jppost-6922-0-44411300-1358685005_thumb.jppost-6922-0-54156600-1358685006_thumb.jppost-6922-0-56428600-1358685007_thumb.jppost-6922-0-49199900-1358685008_thumb.jppost-6922-0-65370100-1358685009_thumb.jppost-6922-0-47480700-1358685010_thumb.jppost-6922-0-43130900-1358685012_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I'm going to set off now. See how close I get! Will let you know in most probably a few hours!!

wilsons ave is ok but stick to main roads x

Posted

and will gather further strength over the channel..?

Yes as the low moves north the precipitation will gradually have a increased sea track so will pick up more moisture, eventually around early evening the low will move to far north and cut of our feed of snow.

I see intensity increasing for next 3 hours then maybe the reverse possibly for another 3 hours then just odd showers into early hours before the sky clears and very very cold night

Serious trouble tomorrow rush hour any roads that are fine now will freeze over with minus 8 widely tonight and the same for the trains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

The thing I like best about the snow is watching it falling. Once it stops I worry that I won't get any more, a bit like the falls of the last few years, so this snow on snow event is rather exciting

Edited by dubmuffin

Posted

And a couple of panoramic shots...

All taken with a crappy iPhone 5... shoulda taken the DSLR but it was more effort! lazy.gif

post-6922-0-91619600-1358685172_thumb.jp

post-6922-0-62881000-1358685173_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just a quickie from work, snowing about as heavy as its been all morning now, in Croydon.

Re. the Snow Depth Challenge Cup, if its ok with moderators,Paul,etc, would it be ok to create a separate thread?

Fair point from Thinon.

As the threads are moving so fast, its cluttering up the thread each time I post draw and any posting of depths is getting lost in the white noise of this thread. Would make my job easier too, collating all your totals!

Please let me know.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Just got back from a snowy walk around Manston, just got out and the showers really intensified!

Still coming down nice and heavily now. smile.png Here's some pics...

Nice photos! Could be a fun drive to work at Manston tomorrow!