London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 - 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Anyone know what the trains are like?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/southeastern

Also main roads starting to cover http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/kent

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

Yep. Its very rare especially for us down here to get snow on snow I find, even in 2009/10 I'm not sure I had more snow added to first band of snow. Very nice to see it, not sure how long we can keep it for mind!

Yes, same here... Since the ending of 'modern' winters with 2008-09 being a cold one, I don't remember there being a snow on snow event... I'm also sure there was none in the 90s (except 91?) or 00s here!

Posted

Intensified in Raynes Park

Temp just dropped a notch to 0.0

Great day

Temp here is -0.4c. Strange to see a big difference.

Yes, intensifying here in SW London - it's finally getting to moderate level

Posted

Snow heavier now in Fairlight, East Sussex, bigger flakes as well.

I would love to go up to the Firehills for a view out over the channel but doubt my car would make the steep climb up Battery Hill. IN fact I doubt I could even get out of my road.....its a cul de sac so no traffic at all on it all morning.

** 5cms on flat surface

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Mini avalanche from the solar panels on the bungalow across the street (far left)

post-5249-0-29972400-1358685434_thumb.jp

Looks like you're doing well, Shrimper! Been out all morning , so need to catch up with the thread. But there was 2.5 cms on the wall at 12 noon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Yep. Its very rare especially for us down here to get snow on snow I find, even in 2009/10 I'm not sure I had more snow added to first band of snow. Very nice to see it, not sure how long we can keep it for mind!

I'm sure 2009/10 were very snowy for many people, but here, I remember that we only got one really good fall, then it stuck around for a week or so in the cold temperatures without being topped up, so this really is a treat:)

Posted

I am 7miles into my 15mile walk across the north downs snow epic .having trouble typing on ipad in the snow!

Edited by stotm

Posted

moderate 7 on the scale here in downtown Bexleyheath-

~ 3cm so far

The bexley target is 5.08cm - 2 inches in old money for 3PM...

Still on Course for 7/8cm...-

hoping for -9c here tonight...

S

What's your current temp in Bexley? It's currently -2c here cold.gif

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Farheavier than I anticipated here. Moderate snow for the last hour. I have been out and tried to clean the drive and path but the snow has stuck instantly. There was a depth of 3cm impacted snow where the cars have driven over as well - breaking my snow shovel.

Looking at the radar I appear to be on the edge of a narrow band of heavier stuff that stretches all the way back to France......

Posted

I am 7miles into my 15mile walk across the north downs snow

Nice! Just heard my brother is going out Mountain Biking around Canterbury now, should be a lot of fun!

Posted

Farheavier than I anticipated here. Moderate snow for the last hour. I have been out and tried to clean the drive and path but the snow has stuck instantly. There was a depth of 3cm impacted snow where the cars have driven over as well - breaking my snow shovel.

Looking at the radar I appear to be on the edge of a narrow band of heavier stuff that stretches all the way back to France......

Can you send that straight North to London please Chiobiggrin.png ...Paris to London snow streamerbiggrin.png

About 2-3cm here in SE London. Very heavy now. Much much better than Friday good.gif

This is the most since Feb 2009, and apart from that in 20 years! Wooooo! This is all I ever wanted - just a couple of cm which we normally miss out on. I can't even imagine 10cm!

Edited by SF-02

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Tom for competitions like this, in future I recommend using google docs to list everyone, really easy to use and you can issue a link and the chart/table will load for all to see

Thanks KB,

I cobbled it together late the other night, bit too hurriedly though.

It got a bit out of hand and as Nikki74 stated, wondered what I'd got myself into.

Yes need a super-duper automatically updating spreadsheet, like a colleague and I use for Fantasy Football, Racing, Golf, etc.

Will give it more thought next time!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So it is weakening, yes?