Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, long warm sunny days in the summer, not to hot.

First time poster here, I'm loving the snow, still snowing here in Dagenham mod to heavy, we have had about 5cm here. Like most people on here I have been out with the kids, made two snowman and had a massive snowball fight GREAT FUN. post-18437-0-23091700-1358692340_thumb.jpost-18437-0-19809600-1358692369_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Still falling in Bexley - smaller flakes though but no complaints from me. Most of the accumulation has been from smaller flakes. I reckon 5-6 cms. If this continues for another 4 hrs. (At the same rate) will be very happy.

Posted

Met Office radar has snow over us still at 9pm tonight. Do wish the lighter area of snow we're under would sod off though!

I know what you mean. I'd love to see some heavier stuff, but the fast falling light stuff is laying well. I cleared some snow outside my back door about 10 minutes ago and already that area is covered with fresh snow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

That line of heavy snow currently hammering London just keeps streaming up from the channel. Long may it continue!

Yup, with no real sign of it stopping soon.

Posted

Where the hell are you?

Rochester, Medway (i.e. Kent). The snow has been light here all day and the radar shows a line of lighter snow right over me! Got a good amount of snow on the ground but it looks like it's hammering down elsewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

And it's still falling here ,the flakes seem bigger now .amazing day x

Yup I was just thinking the same, the snow line is creeping away form us very slowly though, I'd give it another 1 1/2 hours and I think that will be it for us for today...I am one happy camper ...for once we have been in about as good a spot as anywhere for snow :-)

And who knows we may still get more tomorrow ;-)

Posted

Yet another ice day missed. Temp now 0.2c and slowly rising.

Still light snow here - probably a top up of about 3 cm to add to the 3cm that was left from Friday's event.

Edited by mulzy

Posted

I know what you mean. I'd love to see some heavier stuff, but the fast falling light stuff is laying well. I cleared some snow outside my back door about 10 minutes ago and already that area is covered with fresh snow. smile.png

I can only think that the low temperature and dew points is making the snow lighter and more powdery. It does stick very well though!

Posted

Really fine and light here now, can barely see it falling so think I may be nearing the end of today's snowfall here. Shame the green echoes never got here at all but I think I have close to 2 inches of snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Latest Euro radar shows a stream off ppn heading North through France, worth keeping an eye on?

EDIT: It seems not!! :D

post-2587-0-77189800-1358692706_thumb.pn

Edited by Sno' problem

I think looking at the radar - the back edge is clearing the western end of the french coast now- quite slow though.

I Estimate 2/3 more hours south & west of london- & along the coast

3/4 more hours for central London + North Kent

5- into Essex & 5 +++ into Suffolk etc-

general accumulations should be 2-6 more CM- obviously the lower end at the west- maybe another 7-8 in the extreme NE of the region.

All done & dusted across the region by 8/9 pm-

Clear skies will ensue...- this is the night hopefully I set the stall out at -13c somewhere over the South downs Banstead way...

generally I think today is as predicted-

top depths for falling today

:mean average seems to be ~ 6cm ( at the end)

Jackpot seems to be heading for 15cm-

Total depth - somewhere out towards Suffolk- starting with 4 inches in some spots- means that 10cm + 15 they will be getting on 10 inches at the close of play..

Good stuff.....

S

Posted

Really fine and light here now, can barely see it falling so think I may be nearing the end of today's snowfall here. Shame the green echoes never got here at all but I think I have close to 2 inches of snow smile.png

I don't think it's ending yet :)

Posted

Still plenty of snow falling, but not settling where cars have pulled out of parking spaces.

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & T-Storms

Have now had 6 hours of moderate fluffy snow, if anything its getting heavier, this is a huge bonus. Have now measured an additional 7cm on top of the 15cm on Friday. For my location this has been a great event!

Posted

If someone cannot be bothered to state their location then "Ignore" button must come into play.

Don't see the point of posting info if there is no idea of what location they are referring to.

Goodbye manutdmatt1986

Just an update on that band through london- Its ever so slightly lost intensity ( but only one notch on the scale )so still 1.5cm an hour -

Its western extent has had it now- its just beginning to move back east - so those in the DA postcodes are in for a good 2 or 3 hours- al the way due south of DA 9- right down to the coast still....

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Heat and Cold, Tornadoes & Hurricanes

Woodingdean, Brighton been snowing since 8.00 this morning, main roads clear but grass perefct for sledging ;0

post-16447-0-75104700-1358692885_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

We'be certainly hit the jackpot today, hav'nt we? Been snowing for a few hours in central London and have already around 5cm. Constantly falling out of the sky in moderate outbursts. So happy! :)

Posted

If someone cannot be bothered to state their location then "Ignore" button must come into play.

Don't see the point of posting info if there is no idea of what location they are referring to.

Goodbye manutdmatt1986

His location is in his signature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Happy to see the backbuilding continuing down here in Polegate near Eastbourne. Had an almost constant stream of snow for a good hour now, everytime it looks to be just about to finish it rebuilds up again, long may it continue!!